north dakota

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'd like to show you my tactics. I didn't test them on weaker teams, just created it and I am using it in barca, works like charm. I lost just one game in first season (vs Chelsea). Before we start I would like to apologize you for my terrible English. I am FC Barcelona fan since 2002 or 2003 (I don't remember)

So I've created two tactics, first is the current FC Barcelona's tactic (Luis Enrique's) and the second is mine tiki-taka, it is similar to the Guardiola's barca but not the same.

FIRST TACTIC

This is my recreation of Luis Enrique's current tactic in FC Barcelona. Basic goals are to control the game, everybody has to attack and everybody has to defend, we need to hold up the ball, make a good pressing after losing the ball to get it back, make a good counter attacks (FC Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid).

I've got three screenshots, the begining of the game and the movement of players while attacking and how it looks when they got ball.
standard, movement while having the ball, positions so, while we have the ball it looks like 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2. Now I will write about roles of the players.

Sweeper-keeper: Well, I don't need to explain how it works.
CB and DM: They are supposed to win the ball and start good counter attack or hold up the ball and slow the tempo of game and pass the ball.
Wing backs: They need to be good at defense and good at attack. While having the ball they need to be higher on the rival's half, they are just wingers but when loosing the ball they need to back and defend.
Rakitic: His role is to be connector between defense and attack, he needs to be good at defending, making good counter attacks, holding up the ball, good at attacking and he has to be a good playmaker.
Iniesta: His role is advanced playmaker, he needs to be a good dribbler, he must make good passess and have good technique. He also needs to defend while loosing the ball.
Left inside forward: Standard inside forward, cutting inside with the ball, good dribbler - in FC Barcelona it is Neymar/Pedro
Messi: Our right inside forward is Leo Messi, he is good playmaker, inside forward, false 9, he is good almost everywhere. Luis Enrique gives him freedom in his tactic. He just cuts inside with ball, he is also good playmaker, good dribbler and he also needs to defend.
Suarez: His role is to force enemy defenders to take care of him. He just moves around and takes on himself enemy defenders, this will make some space in penalty area for players like Iniesta, Rakitić, Neymar, Messi, Alba or Alves.

I have got another screenshot, this time it is straight from the game. We can see there how defenders were taking care of Suarez and Messi, this made free space on left side of penalty area so Tello could just run inside or shoot or pass the ball on free space in penalty area - Montoya would run inside and get the ball.
jajt61.jpg

Screenshots of instructions and formation:
1qq1d4.jpg
5o5kpu.jpg

SECOND TACTIC

This tactic is pretty standard, typical tiki-taka. Before we start I would like you to watch this video on YouTube (this is not my video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGuaQ1khn2k

Basic goals are to keep up the ball. Make short, fast passess and create triangles. I've made screenshot and one video in game.
xo2ulv.jpg

This screenshot shows us how much/many options to pass the ball has player with the ball.

The video shows us how players created triangle and their nice movement, 3 same players created two triangles, it looks epic (in my opinion). Look at Bartra, Rakitić, Isco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OT9UJmsBJk&feature=youtu.be

This is how tactic looks in game:

2lcmeiv.jpg
vikxgj.jpg

Thank you guys for your attention and time. I am not saying that you will win all the matches, you will get exactly the same tactics as these in real life and I am not saying that will always work. I've been using these two tactics on my save, I was playing FC Barcelona, in first season I've lost just one game (it was against Chelsea in champions league). The key to success is making good decisions and good changes. You can go crazy and attack when needed, keep calm and change to contain sometimes, make rotations, etc. I am here to show you tactics not to teach you the game. I am just trying to say it is not plug and play tactic and it doesn't guarantee success. I didn't test it with lower teams but you can try and tell me how it works.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Impressive screens. What tactic's version where you using in that screens? 1 or 2? I tried with both against Elche and I didn't get those stats.