Jonathan Gray

Reaction score
this is going to be the first time ever i have coached outside of England and a big team (always been a LLM).

a few questions here

Formation

i have got a understadable Tactic but i would like to know would it work with Barca ?? the formation i have been using is 4-1-2-2-1 with a DM it is very attacking minded. Messi will have AMR but he works best as ST ??

Players
with the formation i have and the size that Barca have do i really need a huge squad ?. i am a huge fan of Messi Villa Payol and Xvai the back four i think is to me is the strongest of the whole squad.

Transfer Budget
with only 10M+ to play with for a whole season and will rise the following season (20M+) is not a big budget but it not a small one either can the the budget be stretch?? their are some players in mind i want to bring in obv likes of Fabegas, Surez Rooney and VDV and De Gea i know that seems to much but again can it be done without selling the big stars ??

Team
GK Valdes
RB Avles
RCB Payol
LCB Pique
LB Abidal
DM Mascherano
MC Xavi
MC Iniesta
AMR Messi
AML Pedro
ST Villa

anyone that has done Barca before do you think it ca be done or shall i just go for it and hope for the best or am i going wrong ??

formation looks fine to me, but I would tinker with messi until you get him spot on, in my personal opinion id look for an Aml cos pedro is poor in game and possibly Lb although abidal and maxwell will do a job.

For a tactic use this one mate.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...cs-training/69654-barcelona-xavi-passing.html

This uses Messi as a striker. It emultaes Barca in real life.

Have Mash or Busquets as the CM. Xavi as CMR (For ultimate passes) and Iniesta CML.
Messi STR, Villa CF and Pedro STL.
On some saves Xavi is reaching like near 100 passes.

I think with the budget its about right, Barca are a rich team, but they dont really need to bring in class talent atm.
Bring in a few youngsters, eg Kadlec, James Rodriguez etc. Barca's team is quite an old team, so you will need to gain young replacements early on. Doing so straight away allows you to bring them in at their cheapest, and allows you to use them in rotation for lesser games/lesser teams. The main thing to build your budget for the season after is to win EVERYTHING.
You will no doubt smash the Spanish League/Cups, but its the Champs League you really want to win.

Hope this info is of some use to you fella.

Good luck.

Last edited:
their is a few players that i am on the fence on what to do with them half of me want to sell but half of me telling me to keep them here the list

Keita
Afellay
Soriano
Sual
nolito
Mino

with all these to go i could easly get Barca to raise the kitty funds but from what you lot are saying it best to keep them incase of injurys or relive some of the first team from duty

their is a few players that i am on the fence on what to do with them half of me want to sell but half of me telling me to keep them here the list

Keita
Afellay
Soriano
Sual
nolito
Mino

with all these to go i could easly get Barca to raise the kitty funds but from what you lot are saying it best to keep them incase of injurys or relive some of the first team from duty

Sell all but Affeley, 2nd half of my season he scored some cracking goals when Villa was out and also made some amazing assists

i would play 4-2-3-1 with mascherano as ball winning cm and xavi/Iniesta as deep lying playmakers. and if you are playing on LFC marshalls update play alexis sanchez as AMC. play messi and pedro as AMR and AML and set them to inside forwards. Put david Silva as advanced forward.

i have played the Super cup and unfortunately lost 3-1 on AGG. i will need to go back to the drawing board with me formation as the away leg was very poor but the home leg was good but could of been better

Stats

Away game

Selvilla 1 Barca 0
Messi injured

15 Shots 9
5 On Target 5
56% Poss 44%
4 yel cards 1

Home Game

Barca 1 Sevilla 2

21 shots 8
7 target 4
60% Poss 40%
3 yell cards 0

as you can see Messi is now injured and will be out for up to 6 weeks. Pedro has been a star for me as a lone Striker while Villa been out i have got to sort out on players in these pos RB (when Alves injured) LB and AML

i have finshed my first season and i have only won the Spanish cup, finshed 3rd 6 points behind At Madrid and got to the final of the champ cup and lost 3-1 too As*nal.
so far transfers
Players out
Intestia
Soriano
Ivbra

Players in
Nuri
Droguett
Kalou
Kolarov
Sergio Araujo

need a good CB but dont know who got over 90M to play with tho so was thinking Agger or Squillaci

what do you think