FC Bayern or Man City - Dilemma

z1co80

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am in season 2014/15 as the FC Bayern manager and have been approached by Man City to take the vacant managers position. I have only been the Bayern manager for a season and a half and really dont know whether to take it.

I started with Rangers and after three seasons in Scotland i won the League three years in a row and also added two Scottish Cups and two League Cups and Qualified for the Knockout phase of the Champs League.

I then decided to take the vacant FC Bayern position and won the League in my first season and reached the Champs League Quarter Finals.

This season i sit 1st on level points with Hoffenheim but they have a game in hand, I think my squad would push on and win the League but i am not sure how far in the Champs League we'd go.

Here is my Bayern squad

FCBayernMnchenFCBayern_Players.png

I have £6m to spend and just under £100k per week left in wages but that came from selling fringe players because i only received £4.5m of a transfer budget at the beginning of the season. I think my squad is quite good but with Robben getting older, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Ribery all at the 30yrs old it will be hard to push on if there is no money to build a team a team of sufficient quality to be an elite side.

Now here is the Man City squad, The player you can't see at the botton is Dzeko

ManchesterCityManCity_Players-1.png

They are really struggling sitting 17th in the League.

They have offered me £93m to spend and i would recoup a fair amount in transfer fees, They are not in Europe which means i have no limits on who to buy. The core of the City side looks good and the potential to change the clubs fortunes quickly is very high.

I have never managed City so it is intriguing. Sorry for the long post and was just hoping to get some opinions.

Thanks

Last edited:
I would take take the club who offers the biggest challenge. To be honest, I must say that is Bayern Munich. When you played the first season, we all know you're gonna be in the top of the Premier and buy all the star players. Bayern is the biggest challenge definitely! You just need to win the Bundesliga or play a season with Bayern and then you'll have you're transfer and wage budget back. I once made FC Bayern Munich the best club in the world. Just get some cheap talents in. Good luck. :)

I would take take the club who offers the biggest challenge. To be honest, I must say that is Bayern Munich. When you played the first season, we all know you're gonna be in the top of the Premier and buy all the star players. Bayern is the biggest challenge definitely! You just need to win the Bundesliga or play a season with Bayern and then you'll have you're transfer and wage budget back. I once made FC Bayern Munich the best club in the world. Just get some cheap talents in. Good luck. :)

I haven't won the prem or champs league in this years version so i would like to do that, i also am not a big fan of the regens. I dont go out of my way to purchase them and usually only have real players in my team for as long as possible.

Really not sure lol

Bayern munich all the way. i never liked having a team full of good players, only 11 to succed.

btw, where did u get that skin.

Bayern munich all the way. i never liked having a team full of good players, only 11 to succed.

btw, where did u get that skin.

Its the rd5 final skin, cant remember if it was off here i got it or if i typed it into google.

I think i might take the job and when most teams are becoming full of regens then i'll take a job with a team who are more of a challenge. City havent won anything even with all there money, The best they have done is 4th.

Stay with Bayern for an another seaeson to try and get the champions league and if you feel you still get cant get it go for the man city job when it comes avalbile again which it always does on mine

Still haven't taken the offer, I have delayed it twice and still dont know what to do.

How pathetic lol

Take the City job m8. if they are 17th you wont win the league this season !!! but there will be a chance to win a cup !! which is a good start then you can push on, and win the league and dominate the world !! im uinited and went to barcelona but saved it before hand just in case i made the wrong decision which i did so i went back to it !!! If you dont think you can do much which Bayern then take the city job!!!

Are you done with Bayern Munich? If not, stay. If you won every thing you want with Munich, then go. Ps. With City's money its going to be easy to win the league next year.

17th with that team!? Go there and get them playing properly and be a hero ;)

17th with that team!? Go there and get them playing properly and be a hero ;)

Thats what i was thinking so i decided to take it.

They have won nothing in my save and have only managed a runners up position in both League Cup and FA Cup.

So far i have

- 3 SPL Titles
- 2 Scottish Cups
- 2 League Cups
- 1 Bundesliga Title
- 2 German Super Cups

Man City will hopefully set me up a move onto Real or Barca when/if i dominate with City, From there onto a top Club in Italy or France. I have just totally reshaped the backroom team which was a bit of a mess so i wanted my own team in there. I know who is being sold in January and i have just to try and mark out my own targets.

I have however kept a Bayern save as backup just so i dont have to start again if i decided to take a break with the City save. I have started with

Leeds A 3-1
Liverpool H 4-0

Last edited:
im 7 seasons in with City and dominating. You will turn it around easy. the biggest problem you will have is that city will be better than barcelona and real madrid if you do the job properly :).

Barcelona were playing in the Europa League on my save, they have gone downhill. I laughed at them, it's funny to watch them fail XD

OT: I'd have taken the City job, always love a challenge, taking a team that is on a swift downfall and bringing them back up to the top. My most enjoyable with FC Utrecht, within 4 seasons I got them back in to the Eredivise and challenging for the Champions League title.

Well after taking the Man City job i feel i have done a great job getting the team into the Champs League from 17th position when i took over. I also managed to win the FA Cup beating Man Utd in the final, With 10 men at 2-1 i managed to hold out and nick one late to win 3-1.

ManUtdvManCityInformation_Overview.png

StevenMckeeNews_Inbox-2-1.png

StevenMckeeNews_Inbox-3-1.png

As i mentioned in previous posts City hadn't won anything in the game so the fans are delighted and so are the board. Here is my starting line up and the players i brought in during the transfer window were Pjanic, Jones and Hamsik

ManchesterCityManCity_Tactics.png

I have Neymar coming in August on a free transfer, I was going to buy him in January but decided to take the risk and wait in the hope i could offer him a contract.

ManchesterCityTransfers_TransferCentre.png

Just thought i would post a little update saying i am glad i took the job. I overcame some injuries to big players to finish strong only losing one game away to Wolves.

Here is my results since taking over

ManchesterCityManCity_Fixtures.png

ManchesterCityManCity_Fixtures-2-1.png

Final league table

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-1.png

Last edited: