Romme1990

Reaction score
Hey there.

I am trying to emulate the way St?le Solbakkens tactical approach is into Football Manager 2014

I am having a little difficulties though, and therefore I hope that some tactical FM genius can be helpful.

I hope that someone can help me out. Please check my signature on my profil page where you will find a link to an articel that descripe some of his tactical approaches

Hello.
FC Copenhagen was known for their style of play last spell Solbakken was at the club. having players like William Kvist to controll the midtfield and set up plays was a crutialessence of the way St?le played football.
this time around the squad is a little bit different and the style of play have not been focused on the past glory as he had to produce fast resoults to lift the club up.
however if you want to play like the "Old" Copenhagen i suggest finding a tactic witha DM, and transform the DM into a regista, and prahaps fill that role with a decent player, beeing the main focus for strenghtening the squad.
Copenhagen has for danish clubs a realy strong squad despite some of the players maybe beeing past their prime.

Try to play counter as of now and focus play down the wings were Bolanos and Br?then can reign havoc.

Defencewise i strongly reccommend you use Stadsgaard as hsi Pace will allowe you to get away with more errors as the tactic you decide to use gets fluid.

P-man and Santin are good matchups in the striker roles despite C?sar getting a bit old :p

Take 1 season and phase in the younger and new players, and dont push you'reself to much regarding resoults. Focus on improving what needs to be improved and get the right (few) transfertargets for the 2nd season.

Players i would recommend is Seln?s (rosenborg) as regista, milosevic (AIK) as CB, Jeremy Berthod (Sarpsborg) as LB/WBL, Raicharo Zikovic (groeningen) striker, and maybe trying to snag Mix Diskerud (rosenborg) as a CM.

Ifyou want bigger targets, Barbosa (santos) as striker will be a very strong choice aswell as grabbing Zuculini on free transfer on the start of the save.

There are multiple other good choices aswell, but again it depends were you want to focus to reinforce the squad. Just use google to look for sites that has players listed in positions you need. FMscout beeing one of them.

best of luck.

Thanks for the reply. It is of course "the old Copenhagen" that I am looking to emulate into Football Manager. After I read the thread about Arrigo Sacchi's philosophy I must admit, that some of his tactical thoughts is very close to them of Solbakken. Could you agree on that? Both men wants to play with a high defensive line and therefore make the distance between the defense and the midfield tight, which is of course very difficult for the opponnent to break Down. You can say that there is a slight difference in the way the want to do it off the ball. In Solbakkens philosophy he wants the fullback to run Down and forth on the sides, always ready to get the ball and crosses to the farpost where N'Doye in this case always was ready to challenge. This was maybe mostly in the Danish League. In Europe, N'Doye tend to drop Deep and pick up the ball. Gronkjar would move into channels and therefore Draw a defender with him, this movement would outnumber the opponments defence, because the wingers also tend to cut in, making it a 4-2-2-2 in a way.

Last edited: