vking1508

Reaction score
hello there,

As alot of you, I’d also like to share my love of FM with you all. This is, in a story of my hometown footballclub FC Groningen. It’s a Dutch team playing in the Dutch premier league, called de Eredivisie. I live in Groningen, and I’m proud to be a fan of the club.

So first of all, my budget given was an ammount of 3m euro's, with a salary budget of 185k. My ranking should be in 7th place. The first thing I did was change the budgets, since I was already exceeding the salary, so I changed that to 202k and my transfer to 1,5m. With some free transfers I got, i could afford to do that.

Now my first 11, which looks like this:
3m33v01.jpg

as you can see, there is Viduka, who will be my target man, which will hopefully give Nordstrand the chance of scoring a few.

Next thing the transfers of players coming into my squad:
dv0fwbs.jpg

it has got the likes of Mark Viduka and also Zé Luís, a player my assistent manager recommended me, which i'm really keen on, he is supposed to lead the ball through to the attackers, he will be my playmaker.

transfers out:
94hhj1r.jpg

Most notable is SC Cambuur, which I made as my f.fe.f , which will give my youth players the chance of getting some good experience, and also hoping to see that cambuur will reach the eredivisie, the dutch premier league, as my players will benefit even more if they do.

Now the first matches of this season, the friendlies. A great moment to pump up the fitness and get my boys to like each other and me, and gel with each other.

the friendlies:
npvbaz8.jpg

Some fine results overall, with a slamming 6-0 against stade reims where nordstrand scored an amazing 5 goals in a row, without other players scoring in it. he has earned that 9,9 in that match and was my best player pre-match.

top players to name pre-season:

• Morten Nordstrand has had a good run pre-season, with an 8.63 avg. rating and an impressive 14 goals in the 6 matches he played in.
  • Thomas Enevoldsen, with an impressive 8.20 avg. rating, and 8 assists, really got the likes of his new manager.
  • Zé Luís, an avg rating of 7.84 which has impressed me, he is one of the reasons I like my assistent manager already, let's hope the good run of these 3 will continue.
Update will be in about 1 hour from now.

Hope you all have a good time reading my story, and i'll be glad to hear from you all,

cheers Vic

Good, this is the club of Marcus Berg and Erik Nevland, i wish you much success

Good, this is the club of Marcus Berg and Erik Nevland, i wish you much success

love to hear you heard about my club. it is, indeed the club of succesfull strikers. with the likes such as Nevland, Marcus Berg, but also a player called Luis Suarez, he is a star player from Ajax at the moment, with Barcelona interested, anyways.

My first match of the game will be against Ajax, against Suarez, and as it is a rival, and the club supposed to win the league, I'd like to make a good impression. update coming soon.

Luis Suarez I have heard didn't know he came from Groningen, you got a lot of money off Ajax for him :p

ghaha, you're right about that, but ajax will get alot of money for him to, as he is only 23 i thought, and captain already, promosing striker with some abilities you need as a captain.

first match of the game against ajax: won it 5-1! got me thrilled, got me ******** all over the place, i'm not sure, but I really like that outcome. will post screeny soon. nordstrand with a hattrick on his debut, love that.

Last edited:
some guy on the site supports groningen actually cant remember his name though, anyway good liuck

some guy on the site supports groningen actually cant remember his name though, anyway good liuck

that's ace, always good to see someone supporting my side:)

good luck with your thread, as i'm reading through threads as well haha

Pre-match against Ajax.

This is a tough match to start my career off at home. we are missing Viduka, because he is injured for a week, also Danny Holla, a good strong dmc, is gone with an injury, and they are in full strength. No doubt this will be hard, but as we are from Groningen, we will fight till the last signal has blown from the referee.

match screen:
4rawppx.jpg

absolutely thrilled with the result, with Nordstrand banging in a hattrick on his debut.

what can i say, besides well done guys!

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

his name is DRPEPPER by the way

would be cool to contact him haha

wow nice result man, what tactics do you use?

in my first post there is a screeny of my first eleven. i play 4-2-2-2, with 4 defenders, 2 dmc's, 2 wingers, a target man and a deep lying forward.

been running good for me so far haha.

next updates will be in monthly term, as that will be easier to follow.

cheers for everyone following

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Monthly update August.
c2q5hzt.jpg

so after the big win over Ajax we lost it somewhere with a loss away to Roda JC, the draw against Nac was somewhat good since they are supposed to be winning the game. the game against VVV was a nice step up for Viduka, since he scored his first goal in league and than, the match against PSV is also a nice draw, since they are supposed to be runner up, and are in european leagues.

Last edited:
some real nice results there mate good luck

p.s i know who gronigen are :)