FC Nordsjaelland - The Right To Dream

Europa League secured in the next round is huge! Nice one

1639208914063.png

DECEMBER

sonder.png

Lineup - Bazunu*, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Jensen-Abbew, Chukwuani, Kofod, Amoo (El Ghazi), Francis (Burak Ince), Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

--

UEFA Champions League Group C

dortmund.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Ellegaard, Buchele, Arrey-Mbi (Kenan Kasap), Jensen-Abbew, Chukwuani, Burak Ince, Amoo (Adamsen), Diomande, El Ghazi, Badji (Adingra)

This match meant nothing to us really and we were never in with a chance with so many players missing so we will take it on the chin and move on.

c.png

--

DBU Pokalen 4th Round
cup.png

Lineup
- Gulstorff, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Nielsen, Chukwuani, Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Burak Ince), Adingra (Reischl), Badji*

We head off into the winter break off the back of a comfortable cup victory. Adingra put us ahead while Badji struck twice and Reischl scored his 4th 4th goal for the club - all in this competition. Unfortunately Adingra got injured and will be out for nearly 2 months.

--

SUMMARY

2023 is over and I can look back with some pride at how far the club has come along. We are in a healthy financial position with nearly £30m in the bank and even this month we have agreed to buy the stadium. Domestically nobody can touch us and we are unbeaten in the league this season and are on a 14 game winning run.

In the end of year awards we won tons. I got manager of the year, Badji won African footballer of the year and 1 domestic award, Kofod won 4 domestic awards, Bazunu won domestic goalkeeper of the year while Jensen-Abbew also won a couple!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GAVIN BAZUNU
bazunu.png

1639219822674.png

FEBRUARY

DBU Pokalen Quarter-Final 1st Leg
fcm.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod*, Amoo (El Ghazi), Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

We return to action after the winter break and although we won we certainly werent at our best. We were a goal down at half time but levelled when Kofod fired in a free-kick and we got the winner when Badji capitalised on a goalkeeper error to score into an empty net from 18 yards.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg
hoff.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Ellegaard, Nagalo (Buchele), Jensen-Abbew, Svensson (Nielsen), Christensen, Kofod, Amoo*, Francis, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

WHAT A RESULT!!!!

My young side tore Hoffenheim apart here and I am so proud of my players. Amoo was unplayable and he scored twice and although they pulled a goal back Badji and Ellegaard struck to send our fans into ecstasy!

--

agf.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Ellegaard, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Amoo (El Ghazi*), Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Badji

We went from the high in our last match to arguably our worst performance of the season but somehow we escaped with a victory. We didnt even have a shot on goal until we equalised and it was El Ghazi who was key as he set up the equaliser and broke away to score the winner.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg
heim.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Ellegaard, Jensen-Abbew (Buchele), Arrey-Mbi, Nielsen, Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo (Adamsen), Francis, El Ghazi, Adingra*

Job done. We win very easily here despite resting some players and it was 2 of the players that came into the side that got the goals. Chukwuani put us ahead and Adingra scored a brace.

--

SUMMARY

Quite a lot to update you on with the January transfer window and February's matches. Firstly I will go to events on the pitch and we had 3 cup fixtures to play as well as 1 league fixture. We just beat FC Midtjylland in the first leg of the DBU Pokalen quarter-final and then we went to Germany to play Hoffenheim in the Europa League and we pulled off a stunning 4-1 victory!

We were then very fortunate to beat AGF as we were shocking but then put in another good performance as Hoffenheim were beaten 3-0 to complete a 7-1 aggregate victory.

Now for transfer news. I rejected a £10m bid for Chukwuani which he isnt happy about while Badji and Diomande also attracted offers. Players who did leave however were Leo Walta to FC Midtjylland for £500,000, Oliver Antman to TPS for an initial £84,000 and a reserve player for £145,000 plus a few players went out on loan.

Incoming were 2 Brazilian teenagers! Diego and Leo. Diego is a defender who can play CB or RB and although he isnt a world beater to get him on a free is a great piece of business. I have ****** up though as I forgot to register him for the Europa League. His countryman also came in on a free and he is a striker who looks decent enough but he has already been loaned out.
diego.png
leo.png

Our biggest deal though was one of the pre-contract deals I have arranged for the summer but I will let you know one of them. Gavin Bazunu!!! The keeper will join us permanently in the summer and I am overjoyed with that. When he agreed his pre-contract he was 21y/o (he is now 22) so I am not counting that as an over age signing!!!!

In the next round of the Europa League we have been drawn against Spurs so that will be a very tough tie.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
badji.png

--

SUPERLIGA
FEB.png

1639228868204.png

MARCH

ob.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Ellegaard, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji

Just like our last match after a European game we were awful. Yes we won but we shouldnt have and we need to do better. I suppose it is nice to know that when we are **** we are still good enough to win most games domestically.

--

DBU Pokalen Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

5-3.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Ellegaard (Jensen-Abbew), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis*, Schjelderup, Badji

It is not often that you see 2 hat-tricks in a match let alone one for either side. Abu Francis was our hat-trick hero and he also assisted a goal as we march into the semis.

--

brondby.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Ellegaard*, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Amoo (El Ghazi), Francis (Burak Ince), Schjelderup, Badji

A decent enough result but we werent at our best. Schjelderup has been in poor form recently and I had a word with him about it and he duly scored at the end of a fine team move. Ellegaard volleyed home a 2nd from 20 yards with their keeper out of position.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
spur.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Ellegaard*, Nagalo (Jensen-Abbew), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod (Burak Ince), Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji

Heartbroken!

We were 2-0 up and looking good. They pulled a goal back through a Hojbjerg free-kick and then in the last minute Badji missed a one on one with their keeper. From the resulting corner they broke away and levelled after the goal was awarded via VAR. Gutted.

Ellegaard's goal was an absolute screamer.

--

frederica.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Ellegaard (Diego), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Adingra), Christensen (Burak Ince), Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji*

An easy win as expected against a side with 9 men and if anything we should have scored more.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
tott.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Ellegaard, Nagalo (Dohr Thychosen), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod (Burak Ince), Amoo, Francis (Chukwuani), Schjelderup, Badji

WOW!!!!!

Unbelievable!!!

We raced into a 3 goal lead in the first half as we were totally ruthless in front of goal. Schjelderup scored twice in 3min before Svensson scored a 3rd from outside of the area and it was effectively game over. I didnt want to take a chance however so went more defensive in the 2nd half and although we conceded 2 goals we still won the match to go through.

Unfortunately Kofod got injured and will be out for around a month.

--

silkeborg.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson, Christensen (Francis), Chukwuani, Amoo, Burak Ince, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Adingra (Reischl)

Once again we return from a European game and put in a dismal performance. Akunkumi Amoo scored a beautiful goal as he bent in a shot from 25 yards into the top corner to win it for us.

--

SUMMARY

What a month this was! Undoubtedly the highlight was our victory over Spurs in the Europa League over 2 legs. We were 2-0 up at home but ended up drawing thanks to an injury time equaliser and then in the 2nd leg we went over to their place and were 3-0 up before half-time! They pulled 2 goals back but we held on and now face RB Leipzig in the next round which should be just as tough.

We progressed in the DBU Pokalen by beating FC Midtjylland 5-3 to complete a 7-4 aggregate score and we have been drawn against 2nd division side Viborg in the semis which is a kind draw.

In the league we won all 4 matches and that means we head into the split with a 12pt lead at the top of the table. The league is all but won but we are gunning for an unbeaten campaign.

As for the youth intake I signed all but 2 players. There were several decent players but no Danish Aitor Herrera alas.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KASPER ELLEGAARD
ellegaard.png

--

SUPERLIGA
mar.png

Looks like Ellegaard is smashing it at right back and that he'd be equally as good at centre back with those attributes!

1639238783457.png

APRIL

1-1.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi*, Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Burak Ince, Amoo (El Ghazi), Francis (Hakansson), Schjelderup, Badji

After 19 league wins in a row we drop points in the league for only the 2nd time this season and I can have no complaints in truth.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
leipzig.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Nielsen), Christensen, Burak Ince, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji (Adingra)

We did well here. We dominated possession and looked good but we conceded a poor goal from a corner that put us on the back foot. Thankfully we were awarded a penalty and Anwar El Ghazi stepped up to tuck it away to give us an equaliser.

--

4-1.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi (Diego), Svensson, Hojsted, Burak Ince, Amoo*, Hakansson, Schjelderup, Badji (Reischl)

Nagalo, Kofod, Diomande, Chukwuani, Christensen and Francis were all out injured so 5 of my 6 CMs were out going into this match but we were superb as Akunkumi Amoo put in a tremendous performance as he fired in a hat-trick.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
rbl.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Jensen-Abbew, Buchele (Nielsen), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Hojsted, Garly, Amoo, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji

I was missing 8 first team players here and 7 of them were CMs as Kofod got injured in training!!!! Sure we got beat but I am left wondering what might have been had I had a full strength team out. Never mind. We move on.

--

3-3.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Jensen-Abbew, Diego, Svensson (Nielsen), Christensen, Burak Ince, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji

Simply not good enough. Thats all that needs to be said.

--

DBU Pokalen Semi-Final 1st Leg
viborg.png

Lineup
- Bazunu*, Ellegaard, Diego, Jensen-Abbew, Nielsen, Hojsted, Hakansson, El Ghazi, Diomande (Burak Ince), Adingra, Adamsen (Reischl)

I rested my first team players for this cup tie against 2nd division Viborg and although we won they were by far the better side as they had 27 shots to our 10!

--

4-3.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Diego, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Diomande), Chukwuani, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Adingra (Badji*)

WHAT A MATCH!!!!

For an hour we were pathetic and when we went 2-0 down I made all my subs and that changed the game. Badji scored twice and Amoo also got one and we were winning 3-2 but then we inexplicably conceded a last minute equaliser however 6min into stoppage time we grabbed the winner when Badji fired home to complete his hat-trick.

--

SUMMARY

We struggled a bit this month and a part of that was due to the fact that nearly all my central midfielders were out injured. We drew 2 league matches as we dropped some points but we did score 4 past AGF and FC Mitjylland in a truly crazy match.

In the cup I fielded my backups and despite being outplayed we won 2-0 to have a healthy advantage going into the 2nd leg however our exploits in the Europa League have come to an end as RB Leipzig knocked us out 3-1 on aggregate.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AKUNKUMI AMOO
amoo.png

--

SUPERLIGA
APR.png

1639418169368.png

MAY/JUNE

fck.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Diego, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Burak Ince, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (Badji), Adingra

A huge result. On paper this was our hardest remaining fixture and if we are going to go the whole league campaign undefeated this fixture was our biggest threat to not doing so but we put in a fine performance to win 2-0.

--

DBU Pokalen Semi-Final 2nd Leg
viborg.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Ellegaard, Diego, Buchele, Jensen-Abbew, Chukwuani, Burak Ince (Hojsted), El Ghazi*, Diomande (Holm), Adingra, Reischl (Hakansson)

Kasper Ellegaard may be a young right back learning his trade but he scored twice here to take his tally for the season up to 6! Adingra also got a brace to take him into double figures for the season while Hakansson scored his first career goal. Anwar El Ghazi incredibly assisted 4 goals and also blazed a penalty high and wide.

--

brondby.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Diego, Arrey-Mbi (Nagalo), Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Chukwuani (Burak Ince), Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

We secure our 3rd title in a row with victory here. Brondby were arguably the better side on the day but that doesnt mean a thing at the end of the day. We are now 4 games away from having an undefeated league campaign.

--

agf.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Diego (Nagalo), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Burak Ince), Chukwuani, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Adingra

Very disappointing. At least we didnt get beat!!!

--

sonder.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Diego, Arrey-Mbi (Nagalo), Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo*, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji

We were 3-0 up and cruising here and then we just collapsed as we conceded twice plus they had a goal disallowed!

--

3-1.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Ellegaard, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi*, Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani (Kofod), Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji (Adingra)

1 more game to go and we will be the invincibles!!!! Hopefully we will give FC Kobenhavn more of the same in the cup final which is next up.

--

DBU Pokalen Final
0-0.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo*, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Diego), Chukwuani (Kofod), Amoo, Francis (Burak Ince), Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji (Adingra)

We complete the double for the second season in a row! It was a tight and nervy affair with no goals scored but it went to penalties and we held our nerve as we scored all of our 6 pens while they missed their 6th.

--

2-2.png

Lineup - Gulstorff, Ellegaard, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi (Diego), Jensen-Abbew, Diomande (Hojsted), Chukwuani*, Amoo (El Ghazi), Francis (Burak Ince), Schjelderup, Badji

WE ARE THE INVINCIBLES!!!!!!

With this result not only have we gone the entire league campaign unbeaten but also the entire domestic campaign with the DBU Pokalen results. Despite being without Bazunu, Christensen, Kofod and Svensson due to their international call ups we still managed to avoid getting beaten.

--

SUMMARY

The season ends with us not only completing our 2nd league and cup double in a row but we also went the entire domestic campaign without losing a single match! The fact that we played FC Kobenhavn 3 times and FC Midtjylland this month and avoided defeat is quite impressive in itself. Our cup final against FC Kobenhavn was our closest shave as the game went to penalties but fortunately it was ourselves that came out on top.

Now its time to get to work with hopefully strengthening my squad as with Arrey-Mbi leaving that is one departure already confirmed.

End of season post to come first though.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BRIGHT ARREY-MBI
BAM.png

--

SUPERLIGA
JUNE.png

1639425129796.png

END OF SEASON POST

My 3rd season at the club is over and it was our most successful one yet as not only did we win the league and cup double again but we were undefeated in all domestic matches so that is quite something. We also progressed a bit in Europe as we finished 3rd in our Champions League group in which we drew with Real Madrid and we were then put in the Europa League and after defeating Hoffenheim and Spurs we exited in the quarter-finals when RB Leipzig knocked us out.

The club is really progressing and although the board have opted to change their mind about buying the stadium in other ways we have moved forward. We are now ranked 63rd in Europe and as a result of us (and the national teams) doing so well the Superliga's reputation has increased and in the future the league champions will go straight into the Champions League group stages!!!

I have also signed a new contract and have been given a healthy £10m transfer budget for the summer. Arrey-Mbi of course is leaving but I have Bazunu signing permanently and have also arranged 2 other players to come in.

--

SUPERLIGA
TOP.png

BOTTOM.png

--

SQUAD
squad.png
squad2.png

My Player of the Season
- Akinkunmi Amoo
My Young Player of the Season - Kasper Ellegaard
Must Do Better - Andreas Schjelderup
Donkey of the Season - Mohammed Diomande (bit harsh)​

1639431443461.png

JULY & PRE-SEASON

brondby.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson, Christensen (Burak Ince), Chukwuani (Diomande), El Ghazi (Adamsen), Francis, Schjelderup, Badji*

A solid start. 2 goals in 2min in the 2nd half did for Brondby here as Francis and Badji struck. As you can see from my lineup there hasnt been much in the way of signings so far!!!!

--

fck.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani (Burak Ince), El Ghazi, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (Onurhan Babuscu), Badji

2 games in and the invincibles drop points! The standout moment of this match was El Ghazi's goal as he fired in a powerful shot into the far top corner from 25 yards!

--

SUMMARY

Just the two games at the start of the season this month and it has already seen us drop our first points of the season as we conceded a late equaliser to draw against FC Kobenhavn which was ****** annoying but also acceptable.

The main news was the transfer dealings and I have done a few deals. Apart from the departure of Bright Arrey-Mbi who has since joined Benfica on loan I have sold my young Austrian striker, Luka Reischl, to WSG Tirol for £1.4m. I signed him last season for just £2,200 and he scored 4 goals in 7 games for me so it is a healthy profit.

Now for my incomings. Obviously you knew that Gavin Bazunu was joining the club permanently after 2 years on loan so I am delighted to have him for another 4 years.
bazunu.png

Two more deals that I arranged on pre-contracts are that of newgen Andres Castro from Ibiza and Austrian wonderkid Onurhan Babuscu from FC Admira Wacker. Castro has already been loaned out but his versatility down the left hand side is decent and overall I think he could have a big future for us. As for Onurhan Babuscu he was wanted by several other big clubs but we got him and he will mainly be backup for LW and he will also compete for the AMC spot.
castro.png
babascu.png

Then at the end of the month and after the FC Kobenhavn game I broke the clubs transfer record as I paid £5.5m to bring in Serbian wonderkid Nikola Stanimirovic from Red Star Belgrade. He is just 18y/o but I think he could be a world beater and will certainly challenge Badji for the strikers spot but he can also play on the RW and AMC which is a bonus. My only worry with him is that he has a £10m release clause so I will hopefully get rid of that soon sharpish!
stanimirovic.png

--

SUPERLIGA
july.png

1639495599774.png

AUGUST

sonder.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Diego (Jensen-Abbew), Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo (Stanimirovic), Francis, Schjelderup (Onurhhan Babuscu), Badji*

This was a game of two halves. In the first half we were superb. Badji struck twice early on, had a goal disallowed and then missed a shitload of chances. We should have been 5 or 6 up at half-time to be honest. Then in the 2nd half we were shocking and they pulled a goal back and missed several chances to equalise. Stanimirovic came off the bench to make his debut.

--

agf.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo*, Diego, Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (Onurhan Babuscu), Badji (Stanimirovic)

We were absolutely pathetic here. Truly terrible and how we escaped with a point is beyond me. Stanimirovic spared our blushes with a late equaliser but we need to improve sharpish!

--

midtjylland.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson (Diego), Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (Onurhan Babuscu), Stanimirovic (Badji)

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!!!

Our long unbeaten run domestically ends here as we throw a 2 goal lead away to lose our first game league game after being unbeaten for 49. We were 2-0 up and cruising after 32min but inexplicably we were behind at half-time.

We are now 5pts behind FC Midtjylland and have only won 2 out of our first 5 league matches. Absolutely not acceptable.

I think the departure of Arrey-Mbi has rocked us a bit so I will now be looking for another CB methinks.

Pathetic.

--

esbjerg.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson (Diego), Christensen (Kofod), Chukwuani, Amoo*, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

An important win and a much needed one given our recent results. We now need to string a few more wins together!!!!

--

SUMMARY

Well it is safe to say that the start of this season hasnt gone to well! Having dropped 2pts against FC Kobenhavn last month we managed to do it again against AGF where we were truly terrible and followed that up by losing 3-2 against FC Midtjylland despite being 2-0 up after half an hour. Defensively we are all over the place. Arrey-Mbi is gone, Diego is struggling as his replacement while Svensson has been terrible.

We have the transfer deadline coming up and a brand new CB is a must!!!!!!

Regarding other transfers I have sold Anwar El Ghazi to Eibar for £7.5m. I got him on a free last season and he did a fine job for us and even scored a screamer against FC Kobenhavn this season but I have plenty of wingers and to get such a big fee was too big a chance for me to ignore.

In the Champions League group we have been drawn against Barcelona (who have Mbappe), Liverpool and RB Salzburg. I didnt actually realise that we were going straight into the group stage this season so that was a pleasant surprise but arguably a few easy qualifiers would have set us up better for the domestic campaign.
1639502391339.png
1639502407194.png
1639502425260.png
1639502442583.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAMO NAGALO
NAGALO.png

--

SUPERLIGA
aug.png

1639509783653.png

SEPTEMBER

silkeborg.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Diego (Nielsen), Jensen-Abbew, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup*, Badji (Stanimirovic)

Yes we won but we were once again far from convincing and had to rely on a late penalty from Schjelderup to get the win. Defensively we were all over the place. This game was on the morning of deadline day.............

1639512952834.png

DEADLINE DAY!!!!!!

Lots of moves! I was furiously searching for a CB and ended up plumping for an 18y/o Tunisian who was on my shortlist. He cost £7m - a new club record - and he joined us from ES Tunis. He will do a job for us now and surely will be a star in the future.
mzoughi.png

Then things went weird as Man Utd met Diego's release clause and paid £8.75m for him. He hasnt even played a dozen games since I signed him on a free in January and he has been hopeless so I wasnt too bothered. However I also agreed to loan out Buchele so then I had to find another CB!!!

Meanwhile, Leo, my other Brazilian who I signed on a free and who hasnt played for me, attracted offers from Arsenal so he left for £6.5m!

I tried to get a deal for Liverpool's Konate done but I baulked at the wages so in the end I smashed our transfer record yet again by paying Brighton £12.25m for Belgian defender Zinho Vanheusden. He is my over age signing for the season and should find the Danish league a cakewalk and surely in the European stage he will improve us!
vanhe.png

Then I bought 2 Thai newgens for a total of £1.2m but they have immediately been loaned back to their parent club.
yusoh.png
joemdee.png

So I was busy!!!

--

frederica.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Mzoughi, Vanheusden, Svensson (Nielsen), Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod (Burak Ince), Amoo, Francis*, Onurhan Babuscu, Stanimirovic

My new CB pairing made their debut here - and it was just as bad! We fell 2-0 down early on but thankfully we fought back to win. Francis scored for the 4th game in a row, Dohr Thychosen equalised with a thunderbolt from 25 yards and Stanimirovc chipped in the winner.

--

UEFA Champions League Group B
liverpool.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Mzoughi, Vanheusden, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Burak Ince), Onurhan Babuscu (Badji), Stanimirovic

The scoreline reflects that we defended well. We didnt. They had 29 shots - we had 1. It was just a miracle that it took them 75min to score and they only scored just the one goal!

--

ob.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Mzoughi, Vanheusden, Svensson (Nielsen), Christensen (Diomande), Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Onurhan Babuscu (Adingra), Stanimirovic*

A comfortable win with a clean sheet! Hopefully this is a sign of us getting back to our best! Stanimirovic scored twice and assisted another in an impressive performance. Svensson is still shocking though.

--

randers.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Mzoughi*, Vanheusden, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Stanimirovic (Badji)

Back to back 4-0 victories! The only downside was our failure to score in the 2nd half as my players downed tools.

--

SUMMARY

We slowly recovered this month form wise but this month in reality was all about the transfer deadline day. I sold 2 players that I hadnt expected to sell and bought 2 new CBs both for club record fees as I paid nearly £20m on them in total. Mzoughi and Vanheusden have a lot of pressure on them now!!!!

We end the month top of the table having won 5 on the trot so its nice to be back on top after a sticky start even though we havent found top form yet.

Barcelona next - eek!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ABU FRANCIS
francis.png

--

SUPERLIGA
sep.png

Shocked you let Leo leave he looked like he could of been class for you!!

Shocked you let Leo leave he looked like he could of been class for you!!

He was 4th choice and hadnt played a game. Nearly £7m for a player who was signed on a free and to cash in on him so early was a no brainer.

Ideally I want more Danish players as my squad contains half of Africa lol!

1639676469271.png

PAUSE!!!!!!!!

Pausing this save for a while. Not deleted it by any means but myself and Stonecold (who has been missing from the forums since FM22 released) have been hatching a joint save plan and I will be doing that for a while. However when we arent doing that I am going to do my annual elite journeyman save that I can dip in and out of - the Champions League Challenge which I will start tonight.