FC Nordsjaelland - The Right To Dream

Great story once again. Don't know what it is with my saves but I can never get my wingers to produce much and not sure why. Like to try them as IF/IW but not sure what I am missing!

1637781213762.png

PRE-SEASON

It was kind of a weird pre-season as ours kicked in early and ended early as our league campaign starts in mid July but I forgot that and waited until the 1st of January to seriously look for players and it has kinda backfired as I have only brought 2 players in and they havent cost us a penny. Some of my players have attracted interest. Chukwuani was the centre of a £2.6m bid from Borussia Dortmund while Chelsea have come in for Bright Arrey-Mbi and the latest bid was £5.25m and I dont expect that to end!

Basically I have done ****** all!!!!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT

One first team player has left so far and that is my keeper Ali Ahamada who joined San Jose for £2.3m. I signed him on a free last summer and he did well but I found a better, younger alternative for much cheapness and decided to cash in.

--

PLAYERS IN

I have kinda cheated here as I have utilised our link with Man City to bring in 2 players on loan for free. I could probably get 6 or 7 players that could walk into my first team for free but I dont want to sign the likes of Sarmiento, Delap, Braaf, Doyle etc while I have my own young players to develop.

First in is my new keeper - Republic of Ireland international Gavin Bazunu. We can buy him for £18.5m (not going to happen) but the chance to bring him on loan for a season for free and cash in on Ahamada was too good a deal to turn down.
bazunu.png

As for my other signing. Well I needed a RW so Kayky is back and he better ****** improve after his efforts last season! He rejected a few other teams to sign for us so I hope he plays better this year.
kayky.png

--

SEASON AIMS

As ever once I win the league I expect to win it every year. Its all about developing my young players again as I effectively took over a U23 side!!! I still have £5m in my back pocket to splash out on players but because I have imposed some restrictions on myself I am always wary of spending it on an over 21 aged player or a youngster. In the Champions League we start in the 3rd playoff round so naturally I would like to qualify for the group stage to get the financial rewards so we shall see what happens. Even the Europa League would be fun!​

1637962506072.png

JULY

esbjerg.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo (Jensen-Abbew), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Kayky, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Arezo*

A fine start to the season! Kayky - re-signed just 2 days before this fixture - and Arezo struck twice each as we easily beat the newly promoted side. Schjelderup got 2 assists.

--

frederica.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Kayky, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Arezo*

Another newly promoted side was dispatched here as we beat Frederica 3-0. Arezo got another double as we cruised to victory. Frederica put 4 past FC Midtjylland on the opening day of the season and that is who we play next.

--

FCM.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Fohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Kayky, Francis, Schjelderup (Adingra), Arezo*

Another double for Matias Arezo as he now has 6 goals in 3 games. We were impressive going forward but defensively we need to improve - especially in our upcoming Champions League matches!!

--

SUMMARY

We have had an excellent start to the season as we won all 3 games and scored 11 goals in the process with Arezo (6) and Kayky (3) certainly impressing. That being said we did come up against the 2 newly promoted sides so that helped us a bit!

In the Champions League we will play Dinamo Zagreb in the next round which will be tough and if we win through there we will face either Partizan Belgrade or Ludogorets so it will be interesting to see what level we are at on the European stage.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATIAS AREZO
AREZO.png

--

SUPERLIGA
JULY.png

1638008927652.png

AUGUST

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
dinamo.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Kayky (Villadsen), Francis, Schjelderup, Arezo (Adingra)

A good result. This was a very tight and even match but we have our noses in front for the 2nd leg as Mads Dohr Thychosen won a penalty which was duly tucked away by Arezo. Unfortunately Dohr Thychosen got injured and will be out for a couple of weeks and he will be a huge miss for the 2nd leg.

--

fck.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Lykkegaard, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Kayky, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (Adingra), Arezo

We go top of the league with this draw but rather than looking at that positive I definitely see it as 2pts dropped as we conceded a poor late goal for them to equalise.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
2-0.png

Lineup
- Bazunu*, Lykkegaard, Nagalo (Jensen-Abbew), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Antwi), Christensen, Kofod, Kayky, Francis, Schjelderup (Adingra), Arezo

A wonderful away performance. We were under the cosh for the first hour and had to thank Gavin Bazunu for keeping us in it as he made a string of wonderful saves. Then on the hour mark Matias Arezo struck his customary goal and Adingra came off the bench to seal things. We will face Ludogorets in the next round to fight for a place in the group stages.

--

agf.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Lykkegaard, Nagalo*, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Kayky (Villadsen), Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (Adingra), Arezo

Despite winning the game and Matias Arezo continuing his wonderful scoring record this performance was simply not good enough. They were by far the better side and deserved to win the game but somehow we nicked all 3pts.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff Round 1st Leg
ludo.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Lykkegaard, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Kayky (Villadsen), Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Arezo (Adingra)

I fancied our chances going into this game but how wrong I was as we were torn apart. They had nearly 30 shots on goal and absolutely battered us and if it wasnt for Bazunu they would have scored 5 or 6. We have it all to do in the 2nd leg.

--

randers.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Aguilar), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi*, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Kayky (Amoo), Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Adingra

I was forced to rest Arezo here and his replacement, Adingra, duly got the only goal of the game. Amoo and Aguilar came off the bench to make their debuts.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff Round 2nd Leg
gorets.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Aguilar), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Villadsen, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Arezo*

MATIAS AREZO FIRES US INTO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES!!!!!!

What a comeback! Arezo nodded us in front and level on aggregate but when they scored their away goal it seemed as though we were heading out but Arezo crashed in a powerful effort from 20 yards to have us ahead at the break. We needed another and Arezo duly got it as he completed his hat-trick and we managed to hold on to qualify for the group stages.

--

brondby.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup*, Adingra

Brondby were our bogey team last season but we beat them 5-0 in our last meeting and we pumped them again here. Adingra struck twice but it was Schjelderup who won all the plaudits as he netted his first goal of the season and also assisted 2 more.

--

SUMMARY

So much to get through this month so I will start with our results. In the league we dropped our first points of the season against Kobenhavn and then beat AGF and Randers despite being far from convincing however we ended the month with a marvellous 4-1 victory over Brondby and we end the month top of the league.

In the Champions League we have reached the holy grail that is the group stages. We had a really tough draw when we were paired with Dinamo Zagreb but we edged them out 1-0 at home and then put in a very professional away performance to win 2-0 and go through 3-0 on aggregate. We were then paired with Ludogorets and I expected us to be far stronger than them but we lost 1-0 away and were completely outplayed and things looked bleak in the 2nd leg when they scored an away goal but Matias Arezo scored a hat-trick to send us through.

In the group stages we have been drawn against Roma, Ajax and Shakhtar Donetsk which is normally a kind draw but we are the whipping boys of the group make no mistake about that!
1638020584009.png
1638020607446.png
1638020627609.png
1638020649201.png

It was important that we got to the group stages as the finances involved is game changing however I dont expect us to get much points in our group. Denmark lost a Champions League place at the end of last season so it is down to all of the Danish sides to kick on and improve in the continent.

Now for transfers.

I needed a RB and a RW and I duly got them. I used our link with Man City again to bring in Kluiverth Aguilar on loan for the season and the Peruvian international will be a decent asset to us for the rest of the season and he will cover Mads Dohr Thychosen at RB.
aguilar.png

Akinkunmi Amoo was brought in to compete for the RW spot from Hammarby for £1.4m. The 20y/o Nigerian winger will compete with Kayky for the RW spot and hopefully he will kick on and develop into a fine player.
amoo.png

And then transfer deadline day happened............

1638020996608.png

I needed to strengthen the forward department to keep a promise I made to Matias Arezo but I didnt want to go back to Man City despite being able to loan a quality player like Liam Delap for free. Instead I signed a 16y/o striker from Vejle - Esben Hakansson. He looks like he could have a very bright future with us and he is very quick and can only develop further.
hakansson.png

Then everything changed when Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund met the release clause for Matias Arezo and he joined Liverpool for £4.9m. I was devastated as the bids came out of nowhere and while it is a healthy profit for the club on the deal and after 36 goals in 40 games I wish him well but it was the worst possible time to lose him.

So I had to go searching for a replacement and once again I resisted going back to Man City. In the end I spent nearly an hour searching for a replacement and I ended up bringing in a favourite of mine from FM21 - Youssouph Badji. I paid £4.5m to Club Brugge for him and while he is also a natural RW he will start up front and we will be relying on him to get the goals for us. The transfer fee breaks the clubs record fee by £1m.
badji.png

I also loaned out Coulibaly.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GAVIN BAZUNU
bazunu.png

--

SUPERLIGA
aug.png

1638021632974.png

SEPTEMBER

odense.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod* (Chukwuani), Amoo, Francis (Antman), Schjelderup, Badji

Sure we won but unfortunately the result was overshadowed by the injuries to Kofod (out for a month) and Francis (out for 2-3 months).

--

UEFA Champions League Group D
roma.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi (Jensen-Abbew), Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo (Villadsen), Diomande (Walta), Schjelderup, Badji

We were excellent here and probably deserved to win which I didnt expect going into the game - despite going 2-0 down! We gifted them their opener by giving away a needless penalty and we then had a Badji goal disallowed before half-time. They went 2-0 up but Badji pulled a goal back with a thunderous strike and then Mads Dohr Thychosen levelled for us. It was all us but Roma also had another attack and they scored but thankfully that was disallowed.

--

sonderjysk.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo (Kayky), Diomande (Walta), Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

I am glad to see that Mads Dohr Thychsosen hasnt stopped the habit of scoring. He already has 4 goals this season which coming from right back is quite something.

--

ajax.png

Lineup
- Bazunu*, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani (Walta), Amoo (Kayky), Diomande, Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

Another great result as we pull off a surprise by avoiding defeat here. We fell behind early on but Diomande levelled with a marvellous curling effort and somehow we kept them out as they absolutely battered us.

--

aab.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Chukwuani (Antman), Amoo, Diomande (Walta), Schjelderup, Badji*

Youssouph Badji struck a superb hat-trick here as he scored his first league goals for us. Schjelderup got 2 assists while Amoo also assisted twice but he also grabbed a goal.

--

shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Aguilar), Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani (Walta), Amoo, Diomande, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

We gave it a good go here but I can have no complaints about the result as they fully deserved their win. We slump to the bottom of the group on 2pts while Shakhtar lead the way on 7pts.

--

SUMMARY

We did alright this month results wise and we still lead the league by 5pts but by god we are struggling with players fitness levels as the strain of playing European football when we are not used to it is really taking it out of my players and our squad is severely stretched. In the Champions League we got very good draws against Roma and Ajax but we came unstuck against Shakhtar disappointingly.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MADS DOHR THYCHOSEN
MDT.png

--

SUPERLIGA
SEP.png

1638087766726.png

OCTOBER

silkeborg.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Aguilar, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew (Mesik), Svensson*, Walta (Antman), Chukwuani, Amoo, Diomande, Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

Despite fielding a much weakened side with only 5 first choice players we managed to grind out the win here thanks to 2 great goals from Svensson and Chukwuani.

--

fck.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Aguilar, Woledzi (Mesik), Jensen-Abbew, Antwi, Christensen, Walta, Amoo (Kayky), Antman, Adingra, Badji

We lose our first league game of the season but what do you expect? Only Bazunu, Christensen and Badji are first choice players while the likes of Woledzi and Antman arent even 2nd choice players.

--

frederica.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi*, Svensson, Walta, Chukwuani (Kofod), Kayky, Diomande (Antman), Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

I welcomed back most of my first choice players and they duly put in a fine performance as we swot aside this seasons surprise package. Kayky fired us in front and Adingra grabbed the 2nd just moments after coming off the bench.

--

donetsk.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Aguilar, Dohr Thychosen, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Chukwuani (Kofod), Kayky, Diomande, Schjelderup (Amoo), Badji*

Our first ever win in the Champions League group stage!!!! Badji got the only goal of the game and that goal amazingly sends us up into 2nd spot in the group.

--

esbjerg.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo, Woledzi, Svensson (Arrey-Mbi), Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Kayky, Diomande, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

We easily beat the side rock bottom of the table but I am annoyed with Schjelderup who missed a penalty. He only has 1 goal this season so far which is wholly unacceptable.

--

1-3.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Aguilar, Dohr Thychosen (Woledzi), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Kayky (Amoo), Diomande, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

I am disappointed with this defeat as we didnt deserve it at all!!!! We were the better side, controlled posession and having taken the lead we looked good but Roma somehow managed to win which is incredibly frustrating. If we avoid defeat at home to Ajax we will have European football after Christmas.

--

fcm.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Aguilar, Dohr Thychosen, Arrey-Mbi, Antwi, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Kayky (Amoo), Diomande (Walta), Adingra, Badji

Very disappointing. We took an early lead but within 13min we were behind and we never looked like clawing it back as we lose our 2nd league game of the season.

--

SUMMARY

We had some mixed results this month as we see ourselves toppled in the league. We started the month by edging out Silkeborg but I had to play a backup side against Kobenhavn and we were soundly beaten which gave them momentum. Frederica and Esbjerg were beaten but Midtjylland defeated us at the end of the month and we find ourselves 1pt behind FC Kobenhavn.

In the Champions League we defeated Shakhtar Donetsk in a tight match but unfortunately lost to Roma which was truly undeserved and we need to avoid defeat at home to Ajax to at least secure a Europa League slot after Christmas.

My players have really struggled with fitness with the sheer amount of games being played and it has affected performances but it is something that we need to learn from. It has made me realise that I am short of a striker but I am stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Badji is first choice, Adingra is 2nd, my best prospects are out on loan so why spend a fee on a player who isnt going to play?

Off the field the board have agreed to further improve the youth facilities.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANIEL SVENSSON
SVENSSON.png

--

SUPERLIGA
oct.png

1638385208087.png

NOVEMBER/DECEMBER

2-2.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Aguilar), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani, Kofod, Kayky (Amoo), Diomande, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

I am ******* livid!!! I thought if we got a point we would be at least in 3rd place but despite starting above Ajax in the group we actually fall to the bottom of it and crash out of Europe altogether on the basis of the head to head basis. Crazy.

groupd.png

--

DBU Pokalen 3rd Round

oks.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Aguilar (Mesik), Woledzi, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Adingra), Chukwuani, Kofod, Amoo (Walta), Diomande, Schjelderup*, Badji

I fielded a few backup players against the non league outfit and we won at a canter here although we were helped by the fact that they had 2 men sent-off. Badji scored a hat-trick to matches Arezo's tally for us this season while Schjelderup got a double to boost his scoring numbers which is much needed.

--

DBU Pokalen 4th Round

1-0.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson*, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Kayky, Francis (Diomande), Adingra, Badji (Amoo)

Daniel Svensson scored a stunning goal to send us through into the quarter-finals. This was a tight match but we managed to get the win which I am naturally delighted about.

--

SUMMARY

We played 3 games over the 2 months (apart from friendlies) so it has been good to get my players back to full fitness which is much needed. We progressed in the Danish Cup to reach the quarter-finals by beating non-league OKS 6-0 at home and then FC Midtjylland 1-0 which was a good result as they along with Kobenhavn and Brondby are seen as my main competitors.

I am still livid with our exit in Europe though! We went into the final game ahead of Ajax and thought that a point would see us finish 3rd but although we got the point they still leapfrogged us and we fell down to the bottom of the group. Gutted!!!

Finally I got an offer on January the first which was just a joke. Schjelderup is 18y/o, valued between £1.1m-£4.5m and Borussia Dortmund offered me this.......
joke.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
BADJI.png

1638386793119.png

JANUARY

agf.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi*, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Kayky (Amoo), Francis (Diomande), Adingra (Schjelderup), Badji

For the 2nd time this season we beat AGF 1-0 and like the first match we were very, very fortunate as they were by far the better side. Badji scored an early goal and then they battered us to be fair.

--

randers.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Kayky (Amoo), Francis*, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

Abu Francis was our hero here as he scored a hat-trick to lead us to victory. He has been out for most of the season so far so it is nice to see him return to form. Badji added a 4th and they had a goal disallowed.

--

brondby.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Mesik), Christensen, Kofod, Kayky (Amoo), Francis, Schjelderup*, Badji

Andreas Schjelderup handed in a transfer request the day before the game as I rejected several transfer bids for him but it didnt put him off his performance as he netted twice and also assisted one as we pummel 10 man Brondby and beat them 4-1 for the 2nd time this season.

--

SUMMARY

On the field everything was perfect as we beat AGF 1-0 before we put 4 past Randers and Brondby. Yousssouph Badji seems to have settled into the side as he scored in all 3 matches and I expect him to kick on towards the end of the season and I have already offered him a contract extension!

Off the field I was inundated with offers for players. Schjelderup attracted loads of rubbish offers but when Man Utd offered £7m the board accepted it and thankfully I managed to talk them around, the same went for Bright Arrey-Mbi. Schjelderup wasnt happy though and requested a transfer but Arrey-Mbi wasnt fussed and was offered a new contract.

Kofod, Adingra and Francis also attracted offers but I rejected them all.

As for incomings I signed 2 youngsters but immediately loaned them out and then I tried to get a striker however my offer for the wonderfully named Fred Friday was rejected and he joined AGF. I had planned to bring in someone on deadline day but I accidentally missed the notification so in the end nobody came in!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
badji.png

--

SUPERLIGA
jan.png

Unlucky in Europe mate!! Time to focus on the league

1638393963547.png

FEBRUARY

DBU Pokalen Quarter-Final 1st Leg
3-0.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi (Jensen-Abbew), Svensson, Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Kayky (Amoo), Francis, Schjelderup, Badji

Both my full backs scored here as we all but secured our place in the semis with this 3-0 victory. I will probably rest some players in the 2nd leg.

--

ob.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji*

We move 5pts clear at the top of the league with this win as Kobenhavn lost to Brondby. Badji scored a brace and Mads Dohr Thychosen scored for the 2nd game running.

--

sonder.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew (Mesik), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson*, Chukwuani, Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

A wonderful away victory as our strong form continues. Francis and Badji scored the goals with a brace apiece and Svensson contributed with 2 assists and he stole the MOM award. In our last 4 league games we have scored 4, 4, 3 & 4!!!!

--

SUMMARY

Another month with just 3 games and another month where we won all 3. We lead the league by 7pts now and are in pole position to retain our title. Youssouph Badji continues to score goals and everything is ticking along nicely.

We did suffer a blow however when Nagalo got injured and he will be out for a few months which may end his season but it gives a chance for Jensen-Abbew to get a run in the side.

Next month we have the youth intake. I cant remember what the prediction was tbh!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANIEL SVENSSON
svensson.png

--

SUPERLIGA
FEB.png

1638568393443.png

MARCH

DBU Pokalen Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
grrr.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Aguilar, Woledzi, Jensen-Abbew, Antwi (Mesik), Chukwuani, Walta, Amoo, Diomande (Antman), Emeka Nnamani (Villadsen), Adingra

Grrrrr. We went into the game with a 3-0 lead and we almost threw it away as my backups **** the bed basically. Amoo put us ahead and everything was rosy but we lost 3 goals and they even had a goal disallowed as we completely collapsed. Adingra did have a goal disallowed for us too.

--

silkeborg.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Jensen-Abbew (Mesik), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani (Walta), Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

Yet another comfortable win. Badji put us in front to make it 6 games in a row in the league that he has scored in while Kofod fired in a free-kick from distance and Adingra came off the bench to score. Despite not being a starter he is actually one of my favourite players.

--

aab.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani (Christensen), Kofod, Amoo, Francis*, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

We play our last game of the first part of the season and continue our strong form. Badji fired us ahead before Arrey-Mbi scored from distance and Adingra came off the bench to net a penalty. Very pleased.

--

SUMMARY

For the 3rd month in a row we just had 3 fixtures which is ****** crazy considering we have 7 fixtures next month and at least 5 the month after. In the end we had a shocking result against Randers in the cup as my backup side lost 3-1 but we still went through on aggregate. We will face FC Frederica in the semis.

In the league it isnt over but it might as well be as we go into the split with a 7pt lead so I would like to think that we can see that through.

As for the youth intake we got a pretty decent crop of players and one striker looks like a great prospect!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BRIGHT ARREY-MBI
mbi.png

--

SUPERLIGA
mar.png

1638569178651.png

APRIL

6-1.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani, Kofod*, Kayky, Francis (Diomande) (Christensen), Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

We were absolutely ruthless here as we scored 6 out of our 9 shots on target. Badji scored a hat-trick and he has now scored in each of our last 8 league games (12 goals). Kofod scored a double and picked up the MOM award while Schjelderup also chipped in.

--

0-0.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Mesik), Christensen, Kofod, Kayky (Amoo), Francis, Schjelderup (Antman), Badji

Not good enough. This was a horrible, boring match and we didnt create anything. Sure we didnt get beat but I expect much better than this!

--

DBU Pokalen Semi-Final 1st Leg
sf1.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Aguilar), Jensen-Abbew (Woledzi), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Antman), Kofod, Amoo, Chukwuani, Schjelderup, Badji*

Surely we are in the final after this result! Badji struck another hat-trick and Kofod added a 4th. Very nice. My backups will come out to play in the 2nd leg.

--

5-0.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Mesik), Christensen (Walta), Kofod, Amoo*, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

Another great day at the office as we easily beat our opponents by 5 goals to nil. We had 5 different goalscorers and Badji even had a goal disallowed!

--

DBU Pokalen Semi-Final 2nd Leg
sf2.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Aguilar, Jensen-Abbew, Mesik, Antwi (Woledzi), Chukwuani, Walta, Amoo, Antman, Adingra*, Schjelderup

Very well done. Despite fielding a largely backup side we still managed to score 4 goals - all in the first half - to fire us into the cup final against FC Kobenhavn.

--

fcm.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani (Walta), Kofod*, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

Magnus Kofod pulled the strings here as he got an assist, scored a screamer from 25 yards and picked up the MOM award in the process. We were dominant throughout and Amoo struck twice in the first half to have us on easy street.

--

2-2.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Walta), Schjelderup, Badji

I am livid with this result. We stormed into a 2 goal lead early on thanks to goals from Schjelderup and Badji but we ended up drawing the match and were lucky to get even that. Sure we maintain our 7pt adavantage at the top of the table but this was a missed opportunity.

--

SUMMARY

A busy month in which we were unbeaten and reached the cup final so I am a happy manager but the last result of the month does still irk me as we threw away a 2 goal lead to draw with Kobenhavn. Other than that we were pretty much on fire as we scored 4 goals in both legs of the cup semi and also hit 6 past, AGF, 5 past SonderjyskE and 3 against FC Midtjylland although Brondby did manage to keep us out.

We are just a couple of wins away from securing back to back league titles so surely the league will be ours and of course we will be aiming to win the double next month!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MAGNUS KOFOD
KOFOD.png

--

SUPERLIGA
apr.png

1638606456551.png

MAY

AGF.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis*, Schjelderup, Badji

I am raging!!!! In the first half we were scintillating as we scored 6 goals with all 6 being our only shots on target. Francis grabbed a hat-trick, Schjelderup and Amoo were getting assists and everything was perfect. Then in the 2nd half we were pathetic and we lost it 3-0 and didnt even muster an attempt at goal and in the end if you looked at shots on goal etc they actually had more of the game.

Badji scored his 30th goal of the season here. Not bad considering he missed the first 2 months of the season!

--

brondby.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Aguilar), Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi (Mesik), Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo*, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

Akinkunmi Amoo had a slow start to his career here after signing earlier this season but he is certainly producing the goods now as he scored 2 more goals here to take us within 1pt of winning the title.

--

sonder.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Diomande), Kofod (Chukwuani), Amoo (Kayky), Francis, Schjelderup, Badji*

WE REGAIN THE TITLE!!!!!

We only needed a point but we actually put on a show as we thrashed SonderjyskE 6-0. Badji scored 4 goals (and had one disallowed) while Francis and Jensen-Abbew netted the other two as we stormed to victory. Last season we claimed the title by beating Brondby 5-0 so we have gone 1 better this term.

--

DBU Pokalen Final
final.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi*, Svensson, Christensen (Diomande), Kofod, Amoo (Kayky), Francis, Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

We win the cup and therefore the double in the process as we defeat FC Kobenhavn for the first time this season. Bright Arrey-Mbi bundled the ball home for the opener but we were back level at half time unfortunately. Then in the 2nd half we got the winner when Badji was played through and he slotted home.

--

fcm.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Aguilar), Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi* (Nagalo), Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Badji (Adamsen)

My players were pretty tired but we still managed to get the win. Schjelderup, Kofod and Badji got our goals and I even gave a debut to Julius Adamsen who at 16 years and 5 days becomes the clubs youngest ever player. Nagalo returned from injury here.

--

4-1.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo (Jensen-Abbew), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani, Kofod*, Amoo, Diomande (Francis), Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji (Adamsen)

I would have played more of a backup side but given our opponents I felt that I should still put out a strong team even though this match was essentially meaningless. In the end we thumped them 4-1 and even young Julius Adamsen came off the bench to score his first senior goal.

--

SUMMARY

We had a fine end to our season as we scored goals galore! We kicked off the month with a match that saw us play our best football of the season as we led 6-0 at half-time against AGF but then in the 2nd half we played our worst football and ended up only winning 6-3! Brondby were swotted aside 3-0 and we clinched the title by smashing 6 past SondersjykE.

Then we played Kobenhavn in the cup final and we edged them out 2-1 to win the double. It was a tight and nervy affair but I am naturally delighted with our achievement and it was nice to finally beat them for the first time this season.

We ended the season by edging out FC Midtjylland 3-2 before claiming a marvellous 4-1 win over Kobenhavn with young Julius Adamsen scoring his first goal for the club.

Off the field I managed to get Schjelderup and Dohr Thychosen to extend their contracts but unfortunately they insisted in low release clauses to foreign clubs. I am still trying to get Magnus Kofod to sign a new deal as his contract expires next season but he still wants to leave the club frustratingly.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
badji.png

--

SUPERLIGA
MAY.png

Champions again!! Nice work mate, looking forward to seeing you in the Champions League again next year and developing those youngsters

1638633279308.png

END OF SEASON REVIEW

My 2nd season ends and we do the domestic double so I am naturally delighted with that. We were far superior over our domestic performances (even if we didnt beat FC Kobenhavn until our 4th attempt) and we ran away with the league as we only lost 2 matches and drew 3 and ended the season 17 games unbeaten which is more than half the season!

We plundered a load of goals with 94 coming in the league which is just 2 short of an average of 3 a game which if you consider the age of my team is some going! We also had the level best defence and in the end won the title by 12pts

The DBU Pokalen was won after we edged out FC Kobenhavn 2-1 with the inspirational Youssouph Badji scoring the winning goal and in the Champions League we reached the group stages but harshly finished bottom on 6pts - level with Ajax and Roma. We need to build our reputation in Europe so our achievements were duly noted but we also need to continue to grow.

Regarding the squad we suffered a major blow when Liverpool met Matias Arezo's £4.9m release clause on transfer deadline day and after 13 goals in 9 games I had to find a replacement and I did just that by bringing in Badji for a club record £4.5m and he paid me back and more with 37 goals in all competitions which is pretty incredible considering he missed the first 2 months of the season.

Kofod, Schjelderup, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Bazunu and Dohr Thyschosen also deserve a mention as consistent performers while even the likes of Simon Adingra really impressed me.

--

SUPERLIGA
TOP.png

BOTTOM.png

--

SQUAD
SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

My Player of the Season - Youssouph Badji
My Young Player of the Season - Andreas Schjelderup
Must Do Better - Jacob Christensen
Donkey of the Season - Oliver Antman

--

SUMMER PLANS

Keep my star players!!! To be fair that will be the same for a long while. The release clauses of Schjelderup and Dohr Thychosen (not had a bid for him yet) is a huge worry while Kofod's contract is running out and he wants to leave the club so that is a situation that needs sorted! I only have £3m to spend so it will mainly be down to player development.​

Last edited:
1638691717531.png

JULY

Not doing a pre-season post as ****** all has happened! Kayky, Bazunu and Aguilar have returned to Man City but as yet I havent replaced them so here we are in early July, about to play our first game, with so much work to do!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 1st Qualifying Round 1st Leg
db.png

Lineup
- Gulstorff, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Diomande*), Schjelderup, Adingra

We were 1-0 up and not doing anything special until I threw Diomande on and he really changed the match as he assisted 3 goals as we ran riot to win 5-0.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 1st Qulifying Round 2nd Leg
db2.png

Lineup
- Gulstorff, Dohr Thychosen, Jensen-Abbew (Buchele), Arrey-Mbi (Mesik), Svensson*, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Diomande, Schjelderup, Adingra (Adamsen)

Job done. We win 3-0 away to complete a 8-0 aggregate victory. Amoo had a goal disallowed before he put us ahead then Schjelderup tucked away a penalty before he set up Svensson as he scored a stunner and finally Schjelderup went off injured and will be out for a month. 16y/o CB Torben Buchele made his debut here.

--

3-1.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo (Buchele), Jensen-Abbew, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Adingra*, Badji (Adamsen)

A decent first game of the season. Well a decent second half as we were awful in the first half. As you can see by my lineup I have been able to secure the return of Gavin Bazunu on loan.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 2nd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
malmo.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson (Mesik), Christensen, Kofod*, Amoo, Francis, Adingra (Diomande), Badji (Adamsen)

A good result. Malmo battered us in truth and deserved to win the game but we took the lead through Kofod and just tried to hold on. My players were shattered at the end of the game which is a bit of a worry this early in the season.

--

fck.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson*, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo (El Ghazi), Francis, Adingra, Badji (Adamsen)

Fantastic. There was not much between the 2 teams but we got the only goal of the game when Daniel Svensson pulled the ball back for Francis to tap the ball home. My recent signing, Anwar El Ghazi, came off the bench to make his debut.

--

SUMMARY

We have enjoyed a decent start to the season both at home and abroad. In the league we beat Randers thanks to a storng 2nd half performance and we followed that up by getting a superb 1-0 victory over FC Kobenhavn.

In the Champions League we easily beat the Georgian side Dinamo Batumi 8-0 on aggregate and we were then given a tricky tie against Malmo and we drew the first leg 1-1 away so there is still a bit of work to do to progress into the next round!

Regarding transfers I sold Coulibaly to FC Midtjylland for £350,000, Andreas Bredahl to FC Kobenhavn for £400,000 and Clinton Antwi to Vejle for £135,000.

Incoming was Gavin Bazunu back on loan from Man City. He is transfer listed and his contract expires at the end of the season so I will naturally try and bring him in on a free but a 2nd year on loan is the best I can manage at the moment.
bazunu.png

I then brought in an over 21 signing - the only one I am allowed this season (although I didnt bring one in last term). Anwar El Ghazi has come in on a free transfer from Aston Villa and he will act as cover for Schjelderup on the LW and challenge Amoo for a spot on the RW.
ghazi.png

Finally I brought in a youngster on loan from Esbjerg. 17y/o defender Kasper Ellegaard. He looks decent enough and I have brought him in to see how good he is and to see if I am willing to shell out a transfer fee in the future.
ellegaard.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANIEL SVENSSON
svensson.png

--

SUPERLIGA
july.png

1638814514782.png

AUGUST

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 2nd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
malmo.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson (Mesik), Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis*, Adingra (Diomande), Badji (Adamsen)

Fantastic. We march into the next qualifying round with a superb victory over Malmo here. Kofod and Francis struck in the first half and we just needed to see the game out but we wrapped it up when Amoo scored in stoppage time. We will play Israeli side Maccabi Haifa in the next round.

--

midtjylland.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew (Buchele), Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo*, Francis, El Ghazi, Badji

This was a thrilling match but alas we threw away a 2 goal lead late on to draw. I would complain that they scored 4 goals from 5 shots on target but we did the same from 7 shots on target however we had more than double attempts on goal. El Ghazi scored his first goal for the club with a screamer as he bent in a shot from 25 yards.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
haifa.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Buchele, Jensen-Abbew*, Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Badji, Diomande, El Ghazi (Amoo), Adingra

We get a decent win here and it was nice to keep a clean sheet after our previous result however I feel we would have won by even more had I not rested a few players.

--

vejle.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Amoo (Adingra), Francis, El Ghazi, Badji (Schjelderup)

Dont be fooled by the scoreline - this should have been a 4 or 5 goal victory such was our dominance. In the end we only had a penalty from El Ghazi to show for our efforts while Amoo had a goal disallowed.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
maccabi.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Buchele, Svensson*, Chukwuani, Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), El Ghazi (Schjelderup), Badji

We make it to the play-off round where we will face Dinamo Zagreb who we knocked out last season. They took the lead early on but we were not to be deterred and I am happy with the end result.

--

agf.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson (Arrey-Mbi), Christensen, Kofod (Chukwuani), Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji

Mads Dohr Thychosen scored a screamer to win us the game. We struggled to get going tbh but not helping that was the injuries to Kofod and Svensson with Kofod being ruled out for 3 weeks.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff Round 1st Leg
dinamo.png

Lineup
- Bazunu*, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Buchele, Arrey-Mbi, Christensen (Walta), Chukwuani, El Ghazi, Diomande, Schjelderup (Amoo), Adingra

I am immensely proud of my players. We were missing several first choice players but they dug in and pulled off an upset to win this. El Ghazi tucked away a penalty but it could have been better as we had THREE goals disallowed through Adingra twice and El Ghazi.

--

lyngby.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo (Ellegaard), Jensen-Abbew (Buchele), Svensson, Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji

Newly promoted Lyngby were put to the sword here and we won fairly easily. We arent blasting teams away like before though.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff Round 2nd Leg
ZAGREB.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen* (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Jensen-Abbew, Svensson (Arrey-Mbi), Christensen, Chukwuani, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Badji

We make it into the group stages and all the riches that come with that. We fell behind but pulled level before half-time when Badji tapped home and we went ahead when Ellegaard scored a belter from outside the area. We actually went down to 10 men as Amoo went off injured and I had already made my subs and although we conceded an equaliser we still make it through.

--

SUMMARY

We had to cram in 9 matches this month which is just crazy for the start of a season and as a result a load of my players have been struggling for fitness. We came out unscathed however and end the month top of the league and in the Champions League group stages!

In the league we chucked away a 4-2 lead away to FC Midtjylland to draw which was unacceptable but we dug in and won our next 3 games narrowly but keeping 3 clean sheets in the process.

In the Champions League we beat Malmo 3-0 to go through to the 3rd qualifying round and then we edged out Maccabi Haifa by beating them home and away. That set up a playoff tie with Dinamo Zagreb and after getting a fantastic 1-0 win away from home in the first leg we drew 2-2 in the 2nd to see us through to the money spinning group stages. I do fear however that we wont make much money as we have been drawn alongside Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Atalanta!!!!
1638822287515.png
1638822304391.png
1638822318374.png
1638822342502.png

As for the transfer window I was quite busy! I sold Ivan Mesik to Zilina for £500,000 which was a decent deal for the club. Lucas Lykkegaard joined Horsens for £60,000 and I loaned out Villadsen. There was one huge departure however and that was of Bright Arrey-Mbi who joined Manchester United for an initial £10.25m which could rise up to £14.75m. However as part of the deal they have immediately loaned him back for the rest of the season!!! We have more than trebled our money on him so it was a great deal for the club.

There were 4 incomings (not including Arrey-Mbi. Firstly, for a joint club record fee of £4.5m, I brought in 15y/o left back Mikkel Nielsen from FC Midtjylland. He is signed to be my backup LB immediately however he cannot play for me until he is 16 in a few weeks! He looks like a great prospect though.
nielsen.png

After his stunning goal to take us into the group stages of the Champions League I paid Esbjerg £700,000 to keep Kasper Ellegaard permanently so that is another young Dane signed up.

I paid Altinordu £900,000 for 19y/o midfielder Burak Ince. He can play as a CM or AMC naturally and he looks like a technically gifted player who will hopefully develop into a key player for us. Chukwuani and Diomande are complaining at the minute so he will get opportunities.
ince.png

Finally I brought in a young striker from Austria - Luka Reischl - for an absolute bargain £2,200! He is just 19y/o and we will surely make a sizable profit on him in the future!
reischl.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MADS DOHR THYCHOSEN
mdt.png

--

SUPERLIGA
sep.png

1638823102959.png

SEPTEMBER

sonder.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Buchele, Arrey-Mbi, Jensen-Abbew*, Christensen, Chukwuani, El Ghazi, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji (Reischl)

A fine victory. Jensen-Abbew and Chukwuani had us on easy street at half-time and then El Ghazi converted a penalty to seal the deal. He now has 4 goals since he arrived at the club and 3 have been penalties.

--

brondby.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Chukwuani, El Ghazi (Amoo), Francis, Schjelderup, Badji*

Our 5th win in a row in the league and all with clean sheets being kept!!! Badji has been struggling a bit in the league for goals so far but he got a brace here to boost his tally.

--

UEFA Champions League Group C
atalanta.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Burak Ince, Chukwuani, El Ghazi (Amoo), Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

We robbed Atalanta here. They could have scored 4 or 5 goals such was their dominance but we dug in and held on and somehow managed to find an equaliser when Arrey-Mbi headed home and despite coming under intense pressure late on we managed to hold on for a point and therefor £795,000 prize money.

--

ob.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi (Nielsen), Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji*

Mikkel Nielsen came off the bench to make his debut here and at 16 years and 3 days became our youngest ever player. Thats 6 wins and 6 clean sheets in a row in the league.

--

SUMMARY

Another strong month was had! We won all 3 league games and we find ourselves 3pts ahead at the top of the league with a game in hand so we are in a handsome position in the league. What helps is that we have won 6 on a trot with 6 clean sheets coming in a row which is a decent achievement.

In the Champions League we got a very creditable away draw against Atalanta but with Dortmund and Real Madrid coming up I am not expecting much more!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
BADJI.png

--

SUPERLIGA
SEPGT.png

1638905573237.png

OCTOBER

frederica.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo (Ellegaard), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Nielsen), Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup*, Badji

Andreas Schjelderup had a crazy match! He scored a penalty, had a goal disallowed, assisted 3 goals, got sent-off and won the MOM award!!!!! Absolutely bonkers! Safe to say our run of clean sheets is over lol.

--

dortmund.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Diomande, Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji

We might have dominated possession in this match but we were deservedly beaten as Dortmunds individuals were far stronger than ours and it showed on the pitch.

--

silkeborg.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Jensen-Abbew*, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Burak Ince), El Ghazi (Diomande), Adingra

A narrow victory with an early goal from Akunkumi Amoo proving to be the winner. We had a goal disallowed and dominated throughout but we didnt get the goals that our play deserved.

--

kobenhavn.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi*, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (Adingra), Badji

You can basically call off the title race after our victory here. By no means were we at our best but we ground out a 2-0 win with goals from Badji and Amoo (yet again) and we are now 10pts clear of Kobenhavn in 3rd place.

--

real.png

Lineup
- Bazunu*, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani, Kofod, Amoo (El Ghazi), Francis, Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

A wonderful result. I dont know how we kept them out apart from the fact that Gavin Bazunu had a worldie as somehow we kept a clean sheet as we earned a remarkable point.

--

randers.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod* (Chukwuani), Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra)

Easy. Nice to see Schjelderup scoring twice. He is our assist king but I always need him to chip in with goals.

--

SUMMARY

Some big news this month! In the league we won away to FC Kobenhavn 2-0 to really secure our place at the top of the table and we won all of our other matches including a thrilling 5-3 win over FC Frederica when Andreas Schjelderup had a match he wouldnt forget.

In the Champions League we were beaten by Borussia Dortmund however we responded by getting a remarkable no score draw against Real Madrid at home which has really boosted our confidence.

Off the field Schjelderup and Dohr Thychosen have signed new contracts which thankfully get rid of their release clauses. All good!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREAS SCHJELDERUP
schjelderup.png

--

SUPERLIGA
oct.png

1638996598430.png

NOVEMBER

6-4.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson (Jensen-Abbew), Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji*

WHAT A CRAZY GAME!!!!

We drew 4-4 earlier this season but this match topped that. We found ourselves 2-0 down after just 24min but by half-time we were ahead as Kofod and Badji (twice) scored goals to put us in front. Shortly after the break Amoo made it 4-2 and then Badji converted a penalty to claim hist hat-trick for the 5th and even Christensen got on the scoresheet as his long range effort was deflected in.

They pulled 2 goals back but I also have to point out that we scored 6 goals from 6 shots on target.

--

2-5.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo (Jensen-Abbew), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani (Burak Ince), Diomande, Amoo (El Ghazi), Francis, Schjelderup, Badji

We gave it a good go here but alas a result here was never really going to happen. We managed to score twice at the Bernabeau though! Will ignore the fact that we conceded 5 lol.

--

5-1.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen (Ellegaard), Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Chukwuani, Kofod, Amoo, Francis (Burak Ince), Schjelderup, Badji (Adingra*)

5 goals and 5 different goalscorers. Nothing to complain about here!!!

--

DBU Pokalen 3rd Round
koge.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Ellegaard, Buchele, Jensen-Abbew, Nielsen, Walta (Adamsen), Chukwuani, El Ghazi*, Burak Ince, Adingra, Reischl

With us coming up against non league opposition I fielded a backup side and in the frist half they were amazing as they rattled in 5 goals with Reischl collecting a hat-trick to get his first goals for the club. Anwar El Ghazi got 4 assists too! However in the 2nd half we were truly awful - even against 10 men and that is not acceptable.

--

4-1.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen*, Nagalo (Jensen-Abbew), Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen, Kofod, Amoo, Francis, Schjelderup, Badji

We are banging in the goals at present and are averaging 5 a game in our last 3 league games. Here Dohr Thychosen got a double which was nice while Badji and Schjelderup also chipped in. This is the first of 5 home games in a row for us.

--

2-0.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Dohr Thychosen, Nagalo, Arrey-Mbi, Svensson, Christensen (Chukwuani), Kofod, Amoo*, Francis (Diomande), Schjelderup (El Ghazi), Badji

This is a huge result for us. Forget the £2.4m for winning the match but with this victory it means we are guaranteed European football after Christmas as we will be in the Europa League!

--

SUMMARY

This month was just full of goals! First we beat FC Midtjylland 6-4 in the league in a truly crazy match before we went to the Bernabeu and lost out 5-2 to Real Madrid in the Champions League.

Then we had 3 domestic games. The first 2 were won 5-1 in the league against Vejle and in the cup against Koge Nord and we followed that up with a 4-1 win over Lyngby.

Then in the final game of the month we pulled off a great 2-0 win over Atalanta to secure a 3rd place finish in our Champions League group to confirm a Europa League spot after Christmas. I dont know what is going to happen for the rest of the season but arguably that result could be the biggest result of our season.

Off the field we have agreed to buy our stadium when the opportunity arises, arranged a warm weather training camp and increased the wage and transfer budget!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
YB.png

--

SUPERLIGA
nov.png