FC Porto - Regen / Normal Youth development.

YouthDev99

Reaction score
Good Morning / Afternoon to everyone.

As suggested by my in forum name I am a firm believer in scouting for the best young talents inside the game, I have developed an eye for finding wonder kids and implementing them into my game as fast as possible. My philosophy of playing is usually to find Wonderkids in the tender ages of 16-17, and make them into first team players by their early 20s. Currently I have thto following Wonderkids ( Who's I will post PA's, CA's and also their stats. However since I am mid season of 2018/19 I will post from here on out)

Thread to be developed extremely soon.
Please comment whether you would like to follow this or not so depending on that I can put my time and effort.

I do the same, though I'm now a regen lover! I'd follow what you do mate.

Thanks Joe, means so much, first set of Wonderkids coming in 3-4 hours. With some information on how I got them.

Thanks Joe, means so much, first set of Wonderkids coming in 3-4 hours. With some information on how I got them.

Nice one, will look out for it!

(would be good if you show how they start on the game, and how they have developed with you. How much game time, if they had tutors, how well tutoring went, did you ask them to learn a preferred move etc)

I will start by posting one, by listing the following.

-Purchased When
-Reason of Purchase
-Statistics
-How I found him
-Traits
-What my plans are

Anything else?

View attachment 119343

View attachment 119345

First up, we have the man in goal, Eduardo Carassco.

Right of the bat, you will notice the transfer fee of over 16 million dollars for a person who had decently amazing attributes at when I first scouted him on regen day, however it took a while for the reports to come in and hence missed the day to sign him without paying a fee.

Why did I sign him?

As most already know, the current goalkeeper of Porto is the legendary Iker Casillas, however, I noticed that since Casillas was ageing, and that he was starting to make many mistakes.. many.. many.. which maybe got be a bit triggered into punching walls and stuff, but I knew it was time for another goal keeper, hence I stumbled upon Edurado Carassco.

When did I sign him?

I signed him during the earlier regen days of 2016/2017 season.

What are my plans for him?

My plans for him have been to push him into the team at a tender age, as you can see. I really am that type of manager than thinks long term, as Porto, the main objective was to win the League and bla bla bla, I knew that I wasnt going to win the league with a goal keeper who makes mistakes, and thus came a point where Casillas was feeling homesick and had to leave for a month, thats when, even though we lost in the champions league, I still played him and never lost my faith in him as I want to develop him into a world class goal keeper.

As what I do with most my wonderkids, you will see that I push them into the team as soon as I know they are ready, which comes with practice, Loaning is my worst enemy, unless its in the Portuguese League then I found it to be useful. I will be posting the development of Carassco in the end of this season in this post, as an edit so do stay tuned.

The Game time I allow him is every game he can play ever since Casillas went for a vacation, I will not rotate him unless my secondary wonderkid keeper gets in shape, who will also be seen soon.

Just a sneak peak on how many wonderkids I have, and trust me, I do not stop signing them, and there are more than which are seen here, and none above the age of 20 yet, except 1 who is 20 and already is in the starting team. ( Hint, he is not a regen and is somewhere in Midfield / DM, do sign him, he is a class guy ) (Not Neves, but Neves is beast )

View attachment 119333

Thank you for reading this post, let me know what I should add to make this much more better, I would love suggestions and can give tips for scouting wonderkids if one needs, I am no expert but I am learning which is good.

Peace. :D Next one comes soon if this one gets any sort of feed back

Update #1 (14/11/16)

After winning the Taca CTT (My first ever trophy in FM 17 so far after 3 years [in game ])

View attachment 119326

Last edited:
Portugal has huge numbers of wonderkids this year (talking about non regens) that you dont have to sign anyone for the first 10-15 years. Here are some from my Leeds save that I signed/loaned from Portugal. Just gonna show how some Portugese developed, not gonna show regens or the ones I already see in your squad.
View attachment 118736View attachment 118735
View attachment 118734View attachment 118732
View attachment 118731View attachment 118730
View attachment 118729View attachment 118728
View attachment 118727View attachment 118726
View attachment 118725View attachment 118724
View attachment 118723View attachment 118722
View attachment 118721View attachment 118720
View attachment 118719View attachment 118718
View attachment 118717Starts in Braga, was sold for 4.7m
View attachment 118716Had him on loan when I entered Premier league, improved him about 2-5 attributes in that single season. Had an optional fee of 30m but he didn't want to join and Porto made him first team player now.
View attachment 1187152nd season on loan from Porto, have 13m optional fee which I will defenitly use, he is rotation for main striker La Gumina (check him out as well)
View attachment 118714Starts in Leeds U23, You can buy him for like 500k, I think he is near his full potential tho and will improve only slightly bit.

Those are the one from Portugal league + God knows how much I missed or werent developed properly.

To be honest the transfer budget I received was pretty low so the only way to go was mostly regens and own youth development.