FC Porto - Riverio Carvalos's Jounrey to Champions of Europe

YouthDev99

Reaction score
View attachment 118845

Riverio Carvalos, the Pakistani born Portuguese Manager has decided to enter into the realm of professional football management at a very tender age of 20, As interest had been shown by many Portuguese clubs, Carvalos wanted to manage the club which he had support ever since he was a child, which was FC Porto, As he signed for FC Porto, current manager Nuno Espirito Santo had been relieved off his managerial position, in came the young face of Carvalos.

View attachment 118844

(As currently I am in my 4th season almost starting I will summarize my seasons within some pictures and also background, while I will be more precise and extremely detailed as my 4th season starts soon.) Thank you..

SEASON 1:- THE TEST (16/17)

The first season for Riverio Carvalos's side FC Porto was a test to see if Carvalos could develop a side which could turn into a from the beginning, as the expectation put forward by the board were as follows.

Win The Liga Nos
Reach The Group stage of The Champions League
Win the Taca De Portgual. (Eliminated 3rd round)

However, it was a disappointing first season as 2 out of the 3 goals could not have been achieved, and Porto went onto lose the Europa League Final to Manchester United on Penalties. (3-3) United Winning.

HOWEVER,

Carvalos has been keen on signing youth players and developing them into first team players, which he had the long term vision of accomplishing, and with that, Carvalos was not too disappointed. Since there always was next season.

EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL

View attachment 118842

Liga NOS

View attachment 118841

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 118840

TRANSFER

You will see how Riverio Carvalos scouts for young talent and pays whatever the price to get them.

View attachment 118839

________

I am extremely sorry for the lack of information, I am trying to put as much as I have evidence of and this is my first story so I would really appreciate feedbacks, Good / Bad, Season 2 / 3 coming shortly. This story won't be short if it gets even a bit of support, thanks.

Keep on as you are mate.

Good to see someone else go for Locatelli :)

Locatelli is my go to man for every save, however my mid field already had a lot of potential so I couldn't play him a lot, also Moise Kean but I was too late in this save.

Season 2 in the typing.

Season 2: Disappointment & Spending Spree!

Lets start off with saying that Season 1 was very undeserved, should have at least won the Europa league and possibly Liga NOS.

Riverio Carvalos had his work cut out for him as his star player Diogo Jota wanted to leave the club to join Bayern Munchen and also the rising star Otavio leaving to join Dortmund.

-Sigh, why do I accept such bids-

Carvalos aims for this season were those that of the last season, except for one goal.

Win Liga NOS
Reach the first KO round of CL.
Win the Taca de Portugal.

Again, sadly, 2 out of the 3 goals could not have been achieved, and Carvalos was given a lifeline by the board to achieve a result after drawing with Vitoria De Gumaraes, as the board was disappointed, and in the next game won 0-3 to secure his spot as the manager for Porto for the next season.

However contract issues did arrive as the board did not want to give Caravalos a new contract due to the teams low morale and bad performance. Carvalos knew that due to the selling of Otavio and Diogo Jota he needed quick fire signings, and that too which can save him his job later on. As his contract only lasted till 2019 which was 1 more year of leverage. It was do or die for Carvalos. Spening a total of $159 MILLION in order to fulfill his philosophy of youth development, in all aspects of the game. Bought several Keepers, Defenders, Midfielders and a striker. All youth.

View attachment 118837

LIGA NOS

A disappointing season for the men in blue, due to an injury crisis and Iker Casillas wanted a leave of absence mid way during in the season, Carvalos took the risk of playing his 17 year old youngster in the box, Eduardo Carrassco, who is touted to be one of the best players in the club, Carvalos instantly set his sights on development of a new keeper, and also because Casillas had been costing many easy goals... It was time to put project YouthDev into action!

View attachment 118830

Champions League

It honestly seems like the game really wants to give me tough Champions League groups in order to test how good I am or am not, Carvalos loves challenges, however he prioritizes winning the Champions league also, however, this don't always go to plan..

Porto strolled through the group stage, beating the odds and topping the group stage, however then eventually being knocked out by Arsenal 3-1 in the first group stage of the CL
View attachment 118829

SEASON 3:- IT'S TIME!

3rd Season, is it 3rd time the charm or not? Carvalos wanted this season to be the charm, to be the icing on the cake to all his dreams, however, Carvalos is a stubborn manager and wanted to continue with his Youth development but this time without any second thoughts, pumping youngsters into the starting / sub roles.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 118812

This season, Carvalos wanted to strengthen the depth of his Defence and Midfield with the signings of Paul Georges, and Bruno, while midfield with Andrea Cibin, the young BBM and Thapelo, who was signed too late into the season, and so was Dan Rider, however Dan Rider is the next best replacement for Andre Silva if he ever decides to leave..

PROSPECTS GOING INTO SEASON 3

Bruno F.:-

View attachment 118810

Edurado Carrassco

View attachment 118809

Dan Rider

View attachment 118808

Pansera

View attachment 118806

Kaio Cesar

View attachment 118805

OBJECTIVES

Win the Liga Nos
Reach First KO Stage of CL
Win Taca De Portugal (6th round Ko'ed)

Champions League:-

(Yep FM loves to give me hard groups trust me) This time Porto drew with L'pool, Barca and Pizen. Carvalos knew that his Champions league dream this season could not come true as it was too early in the season and the kids could not be developed into monsters just yet, a valliant effort but then went on to lose against CSKA Moscow on the 90th minute in Europa League second KO stage, however remarkably Porto did triumph over Schalke in the first stage.

View attachment 118804

Liga NOS

A remarkable season comes to an end, as the kids triumph over all competition, beating the touted champions Benfica and Sporting CP to claim the championship after the 13/14 season, Carvalos never doubted the potential of the team, and as you will soon find out in the next set of pictures what true talent really is.

View attachment 118800

WHO MADE THE THIS POSSIBLE?

View attachment 118799

Let's begin shall we.

THE UNDOUBTED KING OF THE SEASON AND COULD BE A POTENTIAL BALLON D'OR WINNER NEXT SEASON..

MIGUEL LAYUN!​

View attachment 118797

Miguel Layun has been the backbone of the team this season, knocking on more than 15 assists and many goals to his name, the 30 year old has failed to disappoint in any game he has played, his crossing has been excellent and a key factor in winning many games, with an average rating of +8, Layun has a real shout in being the Ballon D'or top 3 or even 1st next season.

The Prince of the season, the man scoring 50 goals for the side.. winning the top scorer award for Liga NOS..

ANDRE SILVA!

View attachment 118794
The prince has failed to disappoint in any of his games, and deserves all plaudits coming his way, if it wasn't for Silva, the team would lack severe goals in time of desperate need!

Now, bringing you the 2 figures who were dominant in the midfield throughout the season!

RUBEN NEVES AND RUI PIRES!

View attachment 118791

View attachment 118792

These 2 have been scintillating in the midfield, they have controlled the midfield in a way no other could, and the development of Rui Pires has been exceptional as he was just given his full season this season, and has proven his worth for the team. However there is one more who is left..

THE MAGICIAN, THE MAN WHO IS ONE OF THE FINEST OR EVEN COULD BE THE BEST RIGHT WINGERS IN THE GAME, THE 18 YEAR OLD HAS BEEN GIVEN HIS FULL SEASON UNDER CARVALOS, AND HAS DEVELOPED EXCEPTIONALLY WELL, THIS KID IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS FOR PORTO, AND AT THE AGE OF 18 HAS ALREADY PUT HIS MARK! (One of Carvalos's prized players)

SIMIONE MAGGIO!

View attachment 118786

Earning 100k p/w to stray away potential suitors (Dortmund/Bayern/Barca/Madrid) The 18 year old has been pushed into the first team and already has shown glimpses of what could be to come, this is one I would simply just be destroyed over losing, Maggio scored the Winner against Sporting CP to clinch the Liga NOS title. The future is bright for Maggio and deserves it..

Guys, that's it for my first 3 seasons, these were very brief as I tried to recall a lot of information which were relevant, heading into the 4th season. Monthly (ingame) updates, latest transfers, and everything will be posted!

Please leave your feedback, and also pick a guess who could be the star of the team in Season 4.

Season 4:- Does it all go like this?

Part 1

After the board had a takeover, the new Owner of FC Porto is Diego Viela, who has taken a 60m loan out of the bank to recover the losses incurred by the club, Carvalos, who is keen to commit his future to the club asked for a new contact.

The request has been accepted by the board and talks will commence soon.

July 1st 2019: At 27k p/w wages, Carvalos has extended his stay at Porto till 2023! He was reported saying the following about the extension and youth talent.

Carvalos: "It is quite the honor managing the best Portuguese team there is, and to have an extension at the club which I dreamed of coaching one day is spectacular, and about the other question, I will make sure that the kids get first team experience as soon as possible, we want to be a club which builds for the future, and I am proud to implement my philosophy here.

TRANSFERS

Samy ​Favre

View attachment 118573

The Left back has been signed in order to provide a bit of continuity and long term option to the left back position, as Alex Telles is ageing, Bruno and Samy will have to inevitably take charge.

Ivan Tadic

View attachment 118572

The young defensive option has been picked up by Carlos in order to be a replacement for the leaky defense of Porto, with ***** Bolly falling on his training, it could be time for some early rotations if not fully fledged appearances from the kid from Colo-Colo

Stanley Bonalair Nabab

View attachment 118571

Signed in order to strengthen the left wing position, due to major names such as Pullisic and Pavon who could be bidded in for any time due to their amazing performances, it is time for a new kid to emerge.

View attachment 118568

FC Porto have been doing well under the 4-1-2-3, and thus will continue to play under that formation.

GOALS FOR THE SEASON AND FIRST SET OF FIXTURES

View attachment 118567

The goals seem realistic for Carvalos and his team, with Carvalos going full throttle this season, he is sure to go for as many trophies he can win.

View attachment 118565

The first round of fixtures seem to be a quite of a tough one, with the Super cup first and then directly against one of the strongest teams in the league.. will Porto make it 4/4.. or will Carvalos's men trail early?

Last edited:
Part 2: Disaster!

Cristian Pavon was almost certain to leave Porto, when Bayern Munchen came knocking with a wopping 70 million dollar bid for him, not wanting to create unhappiness, Carvalos decided to sell him as that was his release clause...

View attachment 118549

Not only that but Key Player Alex Telles had also been swooped by Atletico De Madrid for 23 Million.. this season already looks gloomy but no hope is lost just yet.

View attachment 118547

Riverio Carvalos needed a replacement, and fast, however not for those two but for Layun, who could be potentially next to be sold, fearing the worst, Carvalos instantly went after his favorite youth player, Felix Passlack,for 29.5m dollars, oddly enough, he has not been developed quite well as of right now, but nothing lasts forever in my book!

View attachment 118545

Carvalos took to the press to answer about his newest acquisition and his ideas for him, answering with.

Carvalos: "Of course! Naturally, when you see talent like Passlack, you need to ask yourself, would you really want to see him unused? You need to ask yourself.. do you have what it takes to develop a talent this valuable. My plans for him are to have him as rotation, as Miguel Layun is in his 30s now and I really want a decent replacement for him."

New Porto Line-Up

View attachment 118544

Carvalos took it to the media to explain his actions about replacing Bolly and Marcano from his defense and placing two youngsters within the side.

Carvalos:"This was obviously a tough decision to be honest, Marcano is well passed his prime and to be honest I do not think waiting will make anything better, Pansera is already world - class, well on the way to be but will be, Bolly has been dropped down to more of a rotation role as Tadic seems more suited."

Disaster strikes.

Super Cup: Loss
Predicted: Win
My ratings on the match (/10):4
POTM: Bruno Farinha
View attachment 118542

Terrible in all aspects of the game, an early goal for Silva and a late equalizer for Jovanovic, then losing on penalties is always a bummer, would have given it a 2 but just came off a selling spree so I cannot be too disappointed.

Match Day 1:Loss
My ratings on the match (/10):3

View attachment 118541

More shambles, this team seems as if it is not destined to win anything with these type of performances, however Carvalos has decided to give it some time..

MD 2: Win
My ratings on the match (/10):8
POTM: Pullisic

View attachment 118540

Defensive work was solid by the two center-backs, young but good enough, Silva has started to come back into form, so had Layun, the team is working well together all of a sudden and it is amazing, Pullisic was the stand-out of the match. His left wing contributions were phenomenal, also new signing Passlack racking up an assist for the team and also Maggio.

MD 3: Win
My ratings on the match (/10):10
POTM: Maggio

View attachment 118539

Unbelieveable, this is what you can expect from this team, Simione Maggio, the 18 year old sensation had gotten an early goal to his name and an assist, the game became lighter as it progressed and Carvalos substituted new signing and youngster (17 y/o) Nabab who scored on his second appearance, the defense was absolutely rock solid by the young guns.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 118538

Carvalos had to say this after Match Day 3:-

Carvalos:"Losing to Benfica twice is tough, both on home soil, I can understand the fans frustrations, but I know for a fact that the season will not go in the slump again, I wish Pavon and Telles the best of luck at their new club, both have been excellent."

POTM Rankings:-

(1) Pullisic :- 1
(1) Maggio :- 1
(1) Farinha :- 1

Champions League Draw & Next Fixtures

(PS. The game always has it in for me in The CL)

View attachment 118537

Riverio Carvalos: "It is certainly better than the last 3 years draw, and still challenging, this should be interesting."

View attachment 118536

I leave the predictions upto you, decide which matches will I win / lose, also let me know the predicted scores. I shall sleep now, please do leave feedback it really helps to keep me going. Thanks! Also what do you want to see, any extra stuff which you want to know about my save, thanks.​

Part 3 will come in 4-5 more hours, in college right now. Before leaving I was playing Napoli 1-1 and Hector Herrerra got injured.. Hence now I need to play Cibin in place of him, hoping for a good HT score when I come back.

Do you guys like the way I am writing this story or want other information as well?

Part 3:- Can we actually make it happen?

No new signings as of this point, transfer window has closed and now Carvalos cannot transfer anyone.

MD 4: Draw
Rating out of 10: Hopeless 0

View attachment 118441

It was a hopless night for the men in blue at their trip, no one seem to get going, it was becoming a question of whether most of the performers last season were just one season wonders as Andre Silva has not been performing, so hasn't Layun..

CL 1: Draw
Predicted: Lose
Rating out of 10: 9

View attachment 118440

An early setback by Napoli, questionable defending by Pablo Pansera in the first half, however, Layun getting one back through a penalty and then Tadic giving us the lead until Nikola Maksimovic equalized for them.

This performance at Naples showed that Porto can stand up against tough opposition, however, the early injury of Hector Herrera, the everpresent Midfielder who is injured for potentially 3 months, will be replaced by Andrea Cibin.

View attachment 118439

MD 5: Win
Rating out of 10: 9

View attachment 118438

Although Rio Ave have been struggling in Liga NOS, the team put in a very dominant display against them, however again, Andre Silva was not upto par and is making Carvalos question about whether to let Silva rest for the next match in place of Rider. The new face of Andrea Cibin who takes charge of the midfield after losing Herrera to injury proves his worth by scoring a great goal after Maggio's assist in the 37th minute. Deservedly the 18 year old Italian gains the POTM as being involved in 3 goals is very good.

MD 6: Win
Rating out of 10: 10

View attachment 118437

A 6th place Porto needed a win against 3rd place CD Feirense to allow them to quickly climb the table and potentially be ranked first, this game was one in which everyone turned up.. except for Andre Silva who seems to be a liability at this point by might be in need of a rest. Miguel opening up with a missed penalty and then scoring off the rebound, then Pullisic scoring off an assist of Cibin. Then Cibin the new face scoring from an assist from Maggio and ending it up as Pullisic the MOTM scoring his brace off and assist from Neves. Quality stuff indeed.

League Rankings!

View attachment 118436

Next Fixtures!

View attachment 118435

This seems to be an interesting set of fixtures, most notably on the 20nd of October and 22nd of October, due to a very short gap of <48 hours, a really rotated side must have to feature in the cup, giving Carvalos a perfect opportunity to develop the young guns.

POTM RANKINGS:
1. Pullisic and Maggio at 2
2. Farinha at 1
3. Pires at 1

Please do leave feeback please please.
TY.
Part 4 will come shortly. ( Once I have played them )

Last edited:
Part 4: Thought Porto was a joke?

Update:" Hector Herrera has returned from injury and will play as a sub / starter in matches from this part and onwards, unless someone comes in with a bid - COUGH- Athletico Bay-Mund-Celo-Drid.

CL Match 2:Win
Rating out of 10: 6

View attachment 118409

A somewhat of a decent performance, but it is time to give Silva a break from playing matches for at least 1 game or two, he has not worked out. Instead Rider got 2 for Porto. The match possession wise was very equal at around 54-46, disappointing but good performance by Maggio, Farinha and Rider.

MD 7: Win
Rating out of 10: 7

View attachment 118408

The only league match of the part, and was before the international break, and naturally used fully strength as much as possible, giving Silva a break and putting Rider in, Notching an assist as he passed it to Maggio and also Cibin continuing with his dream contributions. However, was still lacking in goals, especially in Esatdio do Drageo, the home of Porto, it is a shame.

Cup 3rd Round: Win
Rating out of 10: 7.5

View attachment 118407

One might say, why a 7.5 against real minnows? It does not make sense. However, looking at the squad closely, no player except Bolly and Herrera is over 21, everyone is completely young and the brace scorer, Nabab, The 17 year old diminutive winger from PSG played extremely well, showing signs of class already. And the team did very well to cope with the loss of one man due to a sending off, commendable performance indeed!

CL Match 3: Win
Predicted: Lose
Rating out of 10: 10

View attachment 118406

Annihilation! The key duo of Maggio and Pullisic producing a world class performance, with Farinha building up on his crossing skills, he is the perfect LB at the moment in prime form. ( Forgot to play Neves at the start ) 64-36 possession, amazing performance all rounded. This boosts the morale of the team by a lot!

TABLES!

View attachment 118405

At the top finally, took long enough!

KEY PLAYERS:-

Christian Pullisic:-

The Winger has been putting amazing performances day in and day out, and deserves all the plaudits coming to him, with him working extremely well and much better than his non existence last season, it is amazing to see him play in such form at only 21 years old!

View attachment 118404

Bruno Farinha:-

The left back called up in emergency as Key Player Alex Telles left, the kid has not disappointed even once in this season, when called up on him has done all he can to help change the complexion of any match! Truly class!

View attachment 118403

Simione "Magician" Maggio

Absolutely tearing through defenses at the age of 18! He is seeming unstoppable, with him having contributions in almost every game and producing goals and assists and most games. I mean trust me, if you see this kid and he is almost if not truely in his prime yet. This is why I pride myself over youth development so much, not over winning or losing, that's part of the game, the satisfaction that comes from players like these are incomparable.

View attachment 118402

FIXTURES!

View attachment 118400

Keeping scorelines reasonably safe, Porto have been dominating without any setback after Napoli, with harder matches coming up, the Derby with Sporting CP at their home (Porto away) and 2 more away games to follow after it, the boys must be rearing to go in all 4!

POTM RANKINGS:-

(1) PULLISIC : 4
(2) MAGGIO : 2
(3) Farinha, Rider, Nabab, Pires: 1

Please leave feedback if possible, will see you soon!​

Well if the story isnt getting any support I guess I should suspend it or cancel it I guess.