kull

Reaction score
View attachment 329872

After testing, with the BETA version, teams from England and Spain, I decided to start my career on the full version, with my hometown football team, Futebol Clube do Porto.

I am currently in 18 April 2015 with 27 Wins and 3 Draws in 30 Games for the Portuguese Premier League, Semi-Final of Champions League after 9 Wins, 2 Draws and 1 Loss and in the Final of both Portuguese and Portuguese League Cup.

STAFF

As I always do I started to build up my staff signing Alexander Zickler as mine Assistant Coach and Manuel Suarez, Bebeto de Oliveira, Massimo Neri, Arlindo Galvão, René Meulensteen and Juan Vicente Peinado as coaches, keeping Juan Carlos Arévalo that was bought to the club by the former manager, Julen Lopetegui.

TATICS

The second part of the job (and because I am lazy and dont like to run plenty of tatic schemes) was to create a system that would make me competitive on the european level and have total dominance on the domestic competitions. To do this, I checked my key players attributes to find a tatic that would suit both the goals of the club and the team I had.

I decided to run a typical FC Porto 4-3-3 w/anchor man and wingers as follows:

Mentality - Control Team Shape - Fluid
Team Instructions - Retain Possession; Shorter Passing; Play Out of Defence; Run at Defence; Exploit the Flanks; Play Wider; Roam from Positions; Close Down More; Use Tighter Marking; Lower Tempo; and, Be More Expressive.

Goalkeeper - Defend - Ease Off Tackles, Pass It Shorter; Take Short Kicks
Complete Wing Back (Left and Right) - Attack - Run Wide With Ball
Central Defender (Both) - Defend - Ease Off Tackles, Mark Tighter, Pass It Shorter
Anchor Man - Defend - Tackle Harder, Mark Tighter, Close Down Much More
Box to Box (Left MC) - Support - Shoot More Often
Advanced Playmaker (Right MC) - Attack - Get Further Forward, Roam From Position
Winger (Right) - Attack - Shoot More, Roam From Position
Inside Forward (Left) - Attack - Roam From Position, Stay Wider
Advanced Forward - Attack - Shoot More Often, Roam From Position, Pass It Shorter, Hold Up Ball

TRANSFERS

After creating this tatic I decided to "get my hands" in some players, focusing on the future of the team.

IN

Lucas Romero - €9M - The 21 y old tireless defensive midfield was bought to play in the first team as the anchor man or the box to box midfielder. I guess the price could be a little bit lower if I had negotiated better but even at this price he is an absolut bargain being one of our rising stars!

View attachment 329862

Éder Álvarez Balanta - €9M - The 21 y old commanding center back saw imediate first team football rotating with Maicon and Bruno Martins Indi on the center of the "Iron Curtain".

View attachment 329861

Pavel Savitskiy - €160K - The 20 y old from Belarus was bought to be a future rotation player on the wings but proved to be an impact players with 20 goals and 11 assists in 29 (1) games so far in the season!

View attachment 703828

Kristoffer Ajer -
€115K - The 17 y old Norwegian defensive midfielder was bought to be a future rotation anchor man but despite spending most of his time on the U19 squad had some decent games when played on the first team.

View attachment 329851

Humam Tariq - €325K - The prodigy from Iraq was bought to be one of the future key players of the team but was sent on loan as described bellow.

View attachment 329848

OUT

Rolando - €4M to Sporting CP - I personally hate this player and with Balanta on the team I decided to sell him on the preseason.

Ricardo Quaresma
- €3.3M to O. Lyonnais - This is of course a controversial deal but I decided to sell Quaresma in the middle of the season because the veteran winger was on performing well enough and was only giving problems on the team morale.

LOANS

Diego Reyes - Reyes went on loan to Chivas to find the maximum first team football he needs to be, in a near future, a key player on this team! This season he would find it hard to find playing time with Maicon, Indi and Balanta as the central defenders and Ruben Neves, Casemiro and Romero playing as anchor man.

Ricardo - On loan at Rio Ave.

Tariq, Kelvin and Opare - The wonder-trio went on loan to Guimarães and are playing above everyone expectations!

As I told you on the begining of this thread I on my way to finish this first season so I will continue it and post the results tomorrow :) For the second season I will be updating in the preseason and then in a 3-month basis! Hope you like my first thread and that you wish to follow this campaign!

EDIT:
Just finished my first season: Portuguese Premier League Champion with 93 points (30W, 3D, 1L); Portuguese Cup and Portuguese League Cup both won; Lost in ECL Semi-Finals against Bayern. I will update with screenshots of the competions and key players stats during this first season tomarrow and after that keep you guys updated with the next preseason!

Last edited:
neves

How does ruben neves turn out?

The season is not over yet but at the moment he is playing as an anchor man for 41 games w/ 7.19 avg and 4 assists - not bad I guess for a kid of his age! He is the starting anchor man on the team and did his debut on the national team some months ago

ive heard he becomes very good! in real life he is highly rated. iv just bought for my arsenal save. he joins me next season. didnt want to pay his release clause,but he is a very good investment!