FC/ST difference + money needed for facility upgrade

pebbels4

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
please go easy on me for this ridicolous question, but i have no clue what the difference between a forward centre and a striker is, could someone please enlighten me? I'm currently playing a 4-2-3-1 with a striker (poacher) and doing pretty well (lower league) but my feeling tells me that i should use a forward centre...
And i'd also like to know if there is a rule of thumb about how much money i need to upgrade my training facilities or maybe even a list with exact prices. I currently got adequate facilities at my club and about 150k cash, but the board won't allow an upgrade cause of missing funds.

do you know what, i have over 970 posts on this forum and never bothered to ask this question:)

Know idea what the differences are between the FC/ST are

I see the 'ST' or Striker as the guy furthest up the pitch, the 'Advanced Forward' in this game if you will. Should focus more on finishing, shooting, composure, balance, etc. The 'FC' or Centre-Forward is more of a linking-up attacker, there not only to score themselves but to link up play when getting forward. Should also focus on the stats for a striker, but will have higher 'midfield' type stats on top.

I'm not sure, but from some posts around FM09 time I gathered that in principle FCs are builders and STs are finishers, so to speak.

In fact, there's a way you can transform in the game a ST to a FC: train him to play as AMC, then you'll see he's gone from ST to AM/F C.

to put it in player terms, wayne rooney is an FC and van nistelrooy is an ST