FC St.Pauli

Formia

Reaction score
Having noticed that this interesting club are about to play in the Bundesliga, I was wondering if anybody had any experience with them. And if so any tips on players etc. I reckon it would be an interesting challenge trying to make them a German giant.

I've managed a few Bundesliga teams before but never second division so i can't tell you anything about them. Are they owned by a millionaire or something? Watching Hoffenheim progress from second division to mid table Bundesliga was fun.

St. Pauli were formed as a reaction to the right-wing skinheads supporting Hamburg back in the 70's and 80's. I say formed, more "adopted" by the fans who were sick of the nonsense. Basically, the owner is outrageously outgoing and a very rare gay club owner, who courts all sorts of controversy with his views, and the fans fly flags like the skull and crossbones - all linked in to the "we're different" attitude.

They are genuinely one of the most intresting football clubs in the world!

Good side to manage. The star is Deniz Naki, who with a good training schedule turns into a cracking player;)

The Hamburg vs St Pauli derby this season will be one worth watching.

Moritz Volz has signed for St Pauli as well :)

I do want to get round to managing them whether it be on FM10 or FM11 in the Bundesliga as they are an interesting club. And thanks, I'll take a look at Naki.

I've actually been to one of their matches. Truly epic, every time they score they play "Song 2" by Blur and the stadium turns into a giant mosh pit.