FC Ternopil - From Rags To Riches: Episode III

• Thread starter Thread starter TractorBoy7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 6K
Just caught up with this, great forst season to win promotion, especially considering you were the "underdogs". And a very good 2nd season, 10th is a good place to build on next season, id say another 10th place finish would be a great achievement, going to take a huge push to challenge for europe just yet, but im sure it wont be long!
Been a great story so far pal keep up the good work!

Just caught up with this, great forst season to win promotion, especially considering you were the "underdogs". And a very good 2nd season, 10th is a good place to build on next season, id say another 10th place finish would be a great achievement, going to take a huge push to challenge for europe just yet, but im sure it wont be long!
Been a great story so far pal keep up the good work!

Appreciate the feedback man :) Yeah I kinda like how I'm having to properly build the foundations for the club to succeed. Every win is a fist pump moment and very rewarding!

Appreciate the feedback man :) Yeah I kinda like how I'm having to properly build the foundations for the club to succeed. Every win is a fist pump moment and very rewarding!

A chambers fist pump? Lol.

View attachment 198931

FC Ternopil

Pre-season 17/18

The friendlies

View attachment 198928
View attachment 198927

Kicked off with Kondzyolka's testimonial against Premier League compadrés Volyn and suffered a loss before any of our transfers had come in.
By the second match had arrived our two perm signings were available yet we still lost to a First Division side...
I then had to organise easy friendlies to avoid our morale from completely vanishing...

Transfers!

View attachment 198924

Sadly we had to sell Bogdanov to keep the finances looking okay
As well as selling Bogdanov an offer came in for Stepanets that was too good to refuse.
Smuk leaves on loan hopefully to fulfil his potential which could lead to him either bringing in a nice profit or becoming a reliable backup.

Four defenders all come in on loan and they would be our best back 4 but I'm not keen on the idea of shutting out Ternopil players to play loan players, irregardless of how good they might be. It does, however, significantly improve our defensive abilities, which was our weak point last season.

So the two permanent signings, both signed from Dynamo Kyiv on pre-contracts. Absolute steals in my opinion!

View attachment 198920

Such a great player! Kozak at this age, and at this level, is truly a superstar in the making for us at Ternopil. He'll be working in the engine room with Eugene Gud our newly crowned club captain. I really hope he can kick on and fill his potential. Even if he doesn't develop though, he's still a very good player already.

View attachment 198917

An even bigger steal :P Slightly older, but just as promising. A really nice player and both him and Kozak go straight into the first XI.

I really can't believe we've got these two on frees and also such minuscule wages. Really improved the future for FC Ternopil!​

View attachment 198563

FC Ternopil

July and August 2017

So last year I think we only managed a point or two in the first two months. How does this season compare?

View attachment 198562

When we lost 1-4 at home I really thought 'here we go again' as my mind wasn't assured that we had actually strengthened in the summer. Boy was I wrong :P
We switched back to the trusty 4-4-2 that got made us champions of the First Division in our first season and oh did it work wonders! We bounced back with a wonderful 2-0 away win which no matter who you're playing is always a nice looking scoreline.
We followed that up with a shaky win but nevertheless, a win is a win.
Speaking of wins, we then win another away from home. This time to a solid mid-table side in Metalurg. We exploded for 3 late goals for the win, with young youth product Semenov getting his first of the season. I'll keep you updated on him!
We then faced newly-promoted Illichevets who have managed to beat me out to many top loan signings, literally never been more frustrated. Despite this we beat them which was very satisfying for me after being snubbed by many of their players.
We ofcourse then played in the cup and as normal switched around pretty much the whole XI except for Semenov and Chisulo. The former assisted the latter for the win against fierce rivals and fellow city cohabitants Nyva Ternopil.
The streak then stopped away to Dnipro which wasn't really surprising at all. We did put up a really good performance though so I'm very proud :)

So after our best streak in our short Premier Division history, here's where we stand.

View attachment 198546

This may be a rare sight for now as we sit in 3rd however the team does look good and a top 7 finish is possible in my opinion!​

View attachment 197884

FC Ternopil

September, October and November 2017

After a hot start that finished with us in 3rd, let's see how we followed that up.

View attachment 197883

Really disappointing that all our good work at the start of the season had pretty much come undone. Albeit we had a few tough games but there were many we should've done a lot better in. Olexandriya and Zorya results were especially disappointing.
On the bright side, Shadreck Chisulo is on fire and has pushed his value to £1.2m, more than the club itself.

So we're definitely not 3rd anymore, how far have we dropped?

View attachment 197880

Not too bad if you consider we finished 10th last year, however it was hard to watch as we gave up 3rd so easily.

Some club news now as we start affiliating ourselves globally to create a brand image and hopefully create some revenue streams.

View attachment 197878

Malaysia is a country that's well known to love big European football teams and spent plenty of money on merchandise, etc. Hopefully this feeder affiliation will help us financially in the future. They also have quite a nice little player in their squad too which hopefully we could pinch at some point.

View attachment 197877

Eibar are an established top table side now on the save and they've got a few decent youngsters would could potentially loan later on. They're also giving us a bit of money which will help a bit. A pretty satisfying affiliation.

Lots to report on our homegrown potential superstar, Yuriy Semenov.

View attachment 197875

We hire Óscar for the sole purpose of tutoring Semenov.

View attachment 197874

This leads to instant results and he's really starting to develop.

View attachment 197873

This ofcourse has led to interest from abroad and this pops up in my emails.​

View attachment 197791

FC Ternopil

March, April and May 2018

Last set of results.

View attachment 197790

I don't think I've ever shouted at this game more than I did from the stint of games from Illichevets til Vorskla. Literally no reason behind being ****** over so badly and then using the same tactic we beat Dynamo Kyiv for the first time? This game baffles me sometimes.
Moving on we used the momentum of beating Dynamo to win two more on the trot and that as always get dicked on by Shakhtar :P
Whoever won the Chornomorets game was guarenteed 6th but we drew with another team just 2 points behind us meaning that if they won, we could drop to 7th.

So where did we improve to.

View attachment 197782

Wooooo!!! 6th!!!!

How great is that? Rollercoaster ride of a season yet again and we finish quite far away from what seems to be an established top 5. Shakhtar win the league for the 4th year in a row.
Stal Dn got absolutely destroyed this year and now face the drop.

Season stats:

View attachment 197779

Shadreck finished the Ukrainian Premier League top scorer with 17 which can only up his value!
Love seeing Semenov lead the assists although it is still quite a low amount to lead the team.
Eugene Gud, who was intrusted as captain at the start of the season, repayed our faith and delivered a top season in the heart of midfield.

Season Review

View attachment 197776

Average attendance slowly creeping upwards, we're slowly building something.

Junior coaching also got improved to a good standard.

EDIT: TERNOPIL IN EUROPE!!!!

View attachment 197775
View attachment 197774

Last edited:
View attachment 197668

FC Ternopil

Pre-season 2018/19

Transfers:

View attachment 197667

Not much to report here. Season 1 hero Sorots'kyi leaves the club after not making an appearance for two years.
A fair few loans join to increase depth because of the entry of us into the Euro Cup.
A few players join on perms but noone special.

Friendlies:

View attachment 197665

Went on tour to Moldova for the first 3 fixtures and did pretty well.
We then played a tough fixture against a First Division Czech team.
Then climaxed the pre-season against local Ternopil opposition.​

View attachment 197663

FC Ternopil

July and August 2018

View attachment 197662

Terrible, just terrible. Metalurg should've been easy opposition for us but wow, we got twatted on. That morale blow didn't help going into two matches aginst Galatasaray and Dnipro. We get destroyed thrice more. Olimpic was a similar situation to Metalurg. Away to a team we should destroy and we get another 4-1 handed to us.
Obviously we lose to Shakhtar. We then finally win against bottom of the league Zorya. We then somehow lose in the ****** cup and then throw away a 1-0 lead to Metalist who we're yet to beat I believe. What an awful month.

View attachment 197661

Knocked out of both cups and effectively already out of contention for a Champions League spot. We really need to pull things around. Our defence has been poor.​

I'm having similar problems with my Watford club as you did with in your 3rd season. Lose matches handily that I should be winning and then beat bigger teams (or play them well). Beat Tottenham x2, Liverpool and Arsenal but get thrashed by West Ham and Norwich. Might come down to tactical approach, complacency or its all the games fault. Lets go with the last one.

That's a rough start to a season after such a promising one. How has the club's reputation been growing? Movement in world rankings? Seems odd that you haven't secured any big signing or is there no budget available?

Back