Resource icon

Fearless & Strikerless 4123 2021-01-09

hey guys, i've unfortunately decided to abandon testing on the 433 - i've found that all versions start off well but start becoming very inconsistent going forward

i'm going back to the basics and starting with the original tactic 4123 v3 and seeing if i can find improvements to be made form there

if i find a stable version that i believe to be an improvement i want to then compare it with the original and v666

Tweaked this by adding a libero, instead of anchor and it works better for me.

Also added aggressive tackle and changed both central midfielders to BWM, so the FBs are more covered.

Love the way the team spreads in attack to open small teams and the way it counters big teams. Good work

Can you stick the update on here?

trying a nw approach with a 3313 - first two results look very promising

3313.PNG

3313.1.PNG

3313.2.PNG

V3 with positive mentality is just about the best balance I have found so far. Very attacking seemed to work when I had lower expectations, but as the teams work out how you play, you need to be less gung ho.

Started a save with Newcastle just to try this tactic (v666) with the likes of Marcus Edwards and David Brooks at AMC's. As expected the EPL seems to be an ideal setting for this. Just one game but you can see the potential of money+good players+opponents not parking the bus ;)

Attachments

• West Ham v Newcastle_ Review.png
    West Ham v Newcastle_ Review.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 310
how is going your new approach veez? Cheers from Porto! :D

Boas!

New approach looked very promissing, however had little stability in midfield. You could easily thrash liverpool by 5 or 6 on one day and then lose cohesion the next few games.

Considering macca's feedback, i'm trying v3 with a positive mentality as he says it is the most stable combination he has found thus far

Last edited:
Won the Campeonato Paulista with RB Bragantino in style (still v666) against much bigger clubs, SS Clayson on fire in the finals! Enjoying this tactic so much, when the AMC's play well it's a joy to watch. If it still works the same even as a high reputation team against consistently defensive opponents, it might be my favorite tactic since 2014 :LOL:

Attachments

• RB Bragantino v Palmeiras_ Review.png
    RB Bragantino v Palmeiras_ Review.png
    280.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Red Bull Bragantino_ Fixtures.png
    Red Bull Bragantino_ Fixtures.png
    451.6 KB · Views: 240
Won the Campeonato Paulista with RB Bragantino in style (still v666) against much bigger clubs, SS Clayson on fire in the finals! Enjoying this tactic so much, when the AMC's play well it's a joy to watch. If it still works the same even as a high reputation team against consistently defensive opponents, it might be my favorite tactic since 2014 :LOL:

Awesome! That's a pretty big statement 😂 bur really happy that you're getting these results and enojying the tactic that much. That's exaclty the reason for sharing it.

A few questions from me - do you think the v666 is better than the original? And, what weak points do you find in this version and that could potentially be improved?

Awesome! That's a pretty big statement 😂 bur really happy that you're getting these results and enojying the tactic that much. That's exaclty the reason for sharing it.

A few questions from me - do you think the v666 is better than the original? And, what weak points do you find in this version and that could potentially be improved?
I've only tested the original briefly and probably with wrong players, but in my experience v666 has been better. MEZ role seems to add more attacking movement and Anchorman maybe is too limited for a free flowing tactic. So far it's hard to see real weak points, sometimes full backs are caught out of position despite not being particularly attacking, other than that I've mostly conceded from weird throw in patterns or set pieces. Also I've added some set pieces for corners and long throw in (mostly copied/tweaked from knap) that can maybe add a couple of goals, I can share if you like? But the real joy has been the Shadow Striker :LOL: . Thanks for a great tactic!

Last edited:
quick update - i'm pretty sure i've now found the most solid version of the tactic thus far

changing to a 433 has given the FB's much needed defensive cover on the wings and i have also removed some of the the FB's and CM's instructions so they have a little more freedom as per Sw33z's suggestions

despite me thinking this is the best verison, now i need to prove it! i'm running another season with Watford after the promotion to see how it fares - i'm on a very good run as it stands

if anyone is interested in helping me by running a test season themselves, post your email, league and team you want to run it on and i'll send you the 433 version - all i ask is you post your results and feedback when you finish

View attachment 533031

View attachment 533032

Where is this tactic ?

I've only tested the original briefly and probably with wrong players, but in my experience v666 has been better. MEZ role seems to add more attacking movement and Anchorman maybe is too limited for a free flowing tactic. So far it's hard to see real weak points, sometimes full backs are caught out of position despite not being particularly attacking, othter than that I've mostly conceded from weird throw in patterns or set pieces. Also I've added some set pieces for corners and long throw in (mostly copied/tweaked from knap) that can maybe add a couple of goals, I can share if you like? But the real joy has been the Shadow Striker :LOL: . Thanks for a great tactic!
What mentality did you use. Very attacking, attacking or positive?

I've only tested the original briefly and probably with wrong players, but in my experience v666 has been better. MEZ role seems to add more attacking movement and Anchorman maybe is too limited for a free flowing tactic. So far it's hard to see real weak points, sometimes full backs are caught out of position despite not being particularly attacking, other than that I've mostly conceded from weird throw in patterns or set pieces. Also I've added some set pieces for corners and long throw in (mostly copied/tweaked from knap) that can maybe add a couple of goals, I can share if you like? But the real joy has been the Shadow Striker :LOL: . Thanks for a great tactic!

thanks for the great feedback as always - i agree that the mezzalas probably contribute more and that the DLP also provides more quality passing from deep when playing against more defensive sides especially, because forward players don't have a smuch freedom due to the low block. I might try to set the FB's to defensive and the DLP to support and see if it has any improvement, as the FB's aren't very offensive, so might not make such a difference offensively and might bring better defensive stability

Still having lots of fun and success with v666. Doing really well in Série A with RB Bragantino, smaller defensive sides have been tougher to break but front three still getting the job done. Also started a save with FC Utrecht (I like that they have a B team in second division, and also that many clubs in Holland have 'Play attacking football' club cluture, much more fun to play!), early days but SS seems to respond well...

Thanks Veez for a great tactic!

Attachments

• Campeonato Brasileiro Assaí Série A_ Profile.png
    Campeonato Brasileiro Assaí Série A_ Profile.png
    467.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Gyrano Kerk_ Attributes.png
    Gyrano Kerk_ Attributes.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 146