Resource icon

Fearless & Strikerless 4123 2021-01-09

Still having lots of fun and success with v666. Doing really well in Série A with RB Bragantino, smaller defensive sides have been tougher to break but front three still getting the job done. Also started a save with FC Utrecht (I like that they have a B team in second division, and also that many clubs in Holland have 'Play attacking football' club cluture, much more fun to play!), early days but SS seems to respond well...

Thanks Veez for a great tactic!

Thanks for the feedback and i'm glad you're having fun with the tactic

Bragantino is really kicking some ***!!! I've not had time lately as i've just started a new position at my company but want to start a new save with v666. From all the testing i've done with other versions, v666 still does seem the best version - however i still feel that the defense can be improved

TFF's Hot Tub test of v666: https://brokensjnf8ewhce8.com/tactic/839-fearless-strikerless-4123-v666/

Thanks for the feedback and i'm glad you're having fun with the tactic

Bragantino is really kicking some ***!!! I've not had time lately as i've just started a new position at my company but want to start a new save with v666. From all the testing i've done with other versions, v666 still does seem the best version - however i still feel that the defense can be improved

Good to hear! The company I work for mostly relies on events, weddings, tourism and most recently a restaurant so you can imagine we're pretty much done since last march now... though at least i can overdose on FM :LOL:

Results have been excellent but what I really like is the style of football displayed and the performances of Shadow Striker in particular. This is what makes this tactic so enjoyable for me!

just finishing up my season with fulham with a tweaked version of v666 - looks like exciting stuff to come very soon 😁

now testing with leeds, i take it its the tactic with 2 mezzallas??

is their set pieces attached to this tactic download??

Just finished my first season with Fulham with a tweaked version of v666.

I removed short passing from the FB's and MEZ's - i think this improved the team going forward and you can see that in the high scoring results at the beginning of the season.

However, we were still conceeding too many goals and really pushing teams but conceeding a few draws because we couldn't shut up shop, so i made a few changes there too. Changed the DLP to DM (however added take more risks - brought this position to another level the rest of the season) and also added offside trap + standard defensive width.

Also added newset-pieces that showed improvements offensively and defensively.

If you look at the results throughout the season, you can see that after our first and only loss of the season against Liverpool away and a run of 6 draws in 7 games (despite a few against very strong opposition) we really stepped up our game, continuing to score a lot of goals and conceeding very few.

We went on a run of 12 wins, where we beat MU 4-0 and then 4-1 for the FA Cup, also winning the Carabao Cup on the way. However we then drew 3 more games in 5 which turned out would really hurt as at the end of the season.

But we came back really strong. In our last 14 PL games we conceeded just 6 goals and kept 11 clean sheets. A massive improvement from the first half of the season.

We went into the last gwk in front of Liverpool but level on points and unfortunately we faced a very strong United away this time that really gave us a run for our money. We came out with a draw in the end, also bringing an end to our 13 win run and Liverpool won the league by 2 pts

They also beat us on penalties in the FA Cup semi final.

However, we are still on a 42 game unbeaten run and i'm really pleased with the team's performance. We scored 129 goals in the league and conceeded only 38, whereas 2/3 of those goals were conceeded in the first half of the season.

Definate highlights were David Brooks, scoring 43 and seeting up 20 goals in 48 appearences, Loftus-Cheek who is anabsolute beats playing as AM, scoring 33 and setting up 18 in 40 appearences. Marcus Edwards had some injuries unfortunately and ended up with only 16 goals and 21 assists in 30 appearences. Musiala also got 18 gaols coming in from the bench mostly.

However the MEZ's and FB's really stepped up - Marcos Antonio scored 7 and assisted 20, De Paula scored 15 and assisted 8 while the FB's got 26 asissts between them. I believe the new instructions are improvements in these positions. DM's also got 5 goals and 10 assists between them which i also consider an improvement. Avg ratings were also consistently good throughout which sometimes was a problem previously.

I really think this version is an improvement from v666 - however it definitely needs some more testing to reach a definate conclusion. I'm gonna press on with this fulham save as it's prving to be really fun and i really want to win the league and see how we do in the CL.

If anyone wants to help test this against the v666 and post their results, findings and opinion, that would be greatly appreciated, therefore you can find the tactic in attachment to this post.

Hope you have as much fun with it as i've been having!

Attachments

• fulham pl.PNG
    fulham pl.PNG
    165.4 KB · Views: 247
  • fulham sc1.PNG
    fulham sc1.PNG
    212.1 KB · Views: 256
  • fulham sc2.PNG
    fulham sc2.PNG
    172.3 KB · Views: 220
  • fulham avg.PNG
    fulham avg.PNG
    170.8 KB · Views: 219
  • fulham unb.PNG
    fulham unb.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Fearless & Strikerless 4123 v999.fmf
    45.1 KB · Views: 976
Last edited:
looks brilliant, got off to a good start with Leeds but will post pic once ive done half season. how have you managed to sign them players in 1st window??

looks brilliant, got off to a good start with Leeds but will post pic once ive done half season. how have you managed to sign them players in 1st window??

very little up-front fees, a lot in installments, after 50 games, 50 goals and also percentages of future transfers

look forward to seeing those results with Leeds!

1st half of the season, got really well, couple of results which didnt make sense at the time lol but a brilliant December has given me hope going into the new year. trying to get in a left back and right back as the ones leeds currently have arent good apart from ayling

Attachments

• Leeds United_ Fixtures.png
    Leeds United_ Fixtures.png
    692 KB · Views: 224
Holiday test with several teams with the tactic, only Barca did not achieve well with the tactic which feels weird as thought with their squad this would have taken, but can have been affected by where AI used players etc. All other teams faired well overall and may have worked better with getting players in for the tactic like with Lyon but it did win them a cup. Lower league teams did well also, Swansea and Gillingham both promoted. Chelsea missed out on the premiership on GD but did win the Champion's league so very good all round.

Attachments

• F&S v999 Chelsea cup view.png
    F&S v999 Chelsea cup view.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 192
  • F&S v999 Barca results.png
    F&S v999 Barca results.png
    478.5 KB · Views: 167
  • F&S v999 Chelsea results.png
    F&S v999 Chelsea results.png
    502.6 KB · Views: 143
  • F&S v999 Gillingham results.png
    F&S v999 Gillingham results.png
    514.7 KB · Views: 127
  • F&S v999 Lyon Cup View.png
    F&S v999 Lyon Cup View.png
    312.5 KB · Views: 129
  • F&S v999 Lyon Results.png
    F&S v999 Lyon Results.png
    514.9 KB · Views: 119
  • F&S v999 Swansea results.png
    F&S v999 Swansea results.png
    547.9 KB · Views: 128
  • F&S v999 Udinese results.png
    F&S v999 Udinese results.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 174
With 666 version won German 2. Bundesliga in my first season with Darmstad 98 with attacking mentality.

Now re-starting that season again with 999 version.

Will changing the mentality to attacking work for this version also?

managed to buy in danny rose at left back and zeki celik at right back, but this result really wound me up, i couldnt beleive i chucked it away!!! do you revert to attacking or positive?? i leave it at ultra attacking no matter who im playing

Attachments

• Huddersfield v Leeds_ Review.png
    Huddersfield v Leeds_ Review.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 184
managed to buy in danny rose at left back and zeki celik at right back, but this result really wound me up, i couldnt beleive i chucked it away!!! do you revert to attacking or positive?? i leave it at ultra attacking no matter who im playing

With this tactic I'd be more worried for those 5 shots and 1 corner than conceding two late goals tbh. Personally I had great success in several leagues always staying on Very Attacking mentality. Players like Bamford and Roberts just don't have the quality for the key AMC's position, even against weaker opponents. Hernandez maybe could do as MEZ but his lack of athleticism is a concern. You need to use quick, creative attackers and SS in particular requires very good pace, acceleration and off the ball. Rodrigo and Raphinha should be OK, just sell Bamford and get Marcus Edwards ;)

Last edited:
Holiday test with several teams with the tactic, only Barca did not achieve well with the tactic which feels weird as thought with their squad this would have taken, but can have been affected by where AI used players etc. All other teams faired well overall and may have worked better with getting players in for the tactic like with Lyon but it did win them a cup. Lower league teams did well also, Swansea and Gillingham both promoted. Chelsea missed out on the premiership on GD but did win the Champion's league so very good all round.

thanks for the teswt mate! which version did you use?

With 666 version won German 2. Bundesliga in my first season with Darmstad 98 with attacking mentality.

Now re-starting that season again with 999 version.

Will changing the mentality to attacking work for this version also?

i didnt change to attacking, but if you do, let me lknow if it works better tahn the original

With this tactic I'd be more worried for those 5 shots and 1 corner than conceding two late goals tbh. Personally I had great success in several leagues always staying on Very Attacking mentality. Players like Bamford and Roberts just don't have the quality for the key AMC's position, even against weaker opponents. Hernandez maybe could do as MEZ but his lack of athleticism is a concern. You need to use quick, creative attackers and SS in particular requires very good pace, acceleration and off the ball. Rodrigo and Raphinha should be OK, just sell Bamford and get Marcus Edwards ;)
ill definitiely be making changes for season 2 but i wanted to see how it was with the squad i start with, comfortably in 4th but top 3 could be slipping away from me right now, bout 7 games left and an fa cup semi to go

made a twealk going into season 2 with lower line of engement - will report on how it goes

Attachments

• fh 2.PNG
    fh 2.PNG
    246.5 KB · Views: 154