Resource icon

Fearless & Strikerless 4123 2021-01-09

i'm experimenting with changing the MEZ to DLP's as i wasn't happy with their ratings and it seems to be paying off - we keep much better control of the ball and also seem to be more cohesive in our defensive shape

take note of the higher posession overall and also much higher amount of passes for DLP's (Mcneil & Marcos Antonio)

pos.PNG

pas.PNG

Last edited:
What instructions are u using on the DLP? I'd like to test it instead of MEZ

btw, i highly recommend training all your front players to place shots - brooks is on 34 goals in 29 apps on the 5th of feb

Could you please upload the DLP tweak because different languages make it kinda confusion clicking the right stuff :p

No problem - where are you from?

Attachments

• Fearless & Strikerless 4123 v369 (MK-DLP).fmf
    45.2 KB · Views: 188
i'm experimenting with changing the MEZ to DLP's as i wasn't happy with their ratings and it seems to be paying off - we keep much better control of the ball and also seem to be more cohesive in our defensive shape

take note of the higher posession overall and also much higher amount of passes for DLP's (Mcneil & Marcos Antonio)

View attachment 539206

View attachment 539207
Why DLP rather than AP/RPM? Defensive solidity?

Why DLP rather than AP/RPM? Defensive solidity?

i've noticed that in offensive positions, most assists come from the top 3 - therefore i wanted to get more passing positions from the back and also more defensive consistency. i'm still not sure this is the way to go, still a work in progress. you're free to try different settings and hopefully you'll find bettr results, as all we want is to find the best balance possible

i've noticed that in offensive positions, most assists come from the top 3 - therefore i wanted to get more passing positions from the back and also more defensive consistency. i'm still not sure this is the way to go, still a work in progress. you're free to try different settings and hopefully you'll find bettr results, as all we want is to find the best balance possible
Yeah, I guess the main difference between those three is that DLPs stay central, RPMs roam (duh), and APs can push higher and shoot less (shooting less seems not ideal depending on who you have there).

Might try it out with RPMs as they will roam like MEZs but won't push up quite as far?

Yeah, I guess the main difference between those three is that DLPs stay central, RPMs roam (duh), and APs can push higher and shoot less (shooting less seems not ideal depending on who you have there).

Might try it out with RPMs as they will roam like MEZs but won't push up quite as far?

from my experience two RPM's dont balance the team well - i've tried nearly everything 😂 but this is definitely still a work in progress so appreciate any testing in different directons and feedback

from my experience two RPM's dont balance the team well - i've tried nearly everything 😂 but this is definitely still a work in progress so appreciate any testing in different directons and feedback
Good thought... my U18s and U23s just played a few times during a break with the new variation... this one stood out, as it was against a real team in the EFL Trophy.

If you look past the ridiculous ratings and scoreline, it was somewhat leaky (although a lot of their xG came from the penalty)

Attachments

• quick example.png
    quick example.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 133
Good thought... my U18s and U23s just played a few times during a break with the new variation... this one stood out, as it was against a real team in the EFL Trophy.

If you look past the ridiculous ratings and scoreline, it was somewhat leaky (although a lot of their xG came from the penalty)

yeah, i'm still not convinced by the man marking, as in 2/3 of games it really shuts up shop, but in other games may lkead to some severe imbalance in the team and leaving holes in the d-line due to tracking the marked players and leaving Fb's with too much space - still trying to find the right balance

edit: although this usually only happens against teams like man uts where you have world class players in wide positions exploting the space behind the FB's

Last edited:
yeah, i'm still not convinced by the man marking, as in 2/3 of games it really shuts up shop, but in other games may lkead to some severe imbalance in the team and leaving holes in the d-line due to tracking the marked players and leaving Fb's with too much space - still trying to find the right balance

edit: although this usually only happens against teams like man uts where you have world class players in wide positions exploting the space behind the FB's
Yeah, the run of play goal I conceded here was off a player that snuck in behind the LB.

That said, I still haven’t conceded with the first team, so... will be able to test more later.

Finished my second season with Brighton... and what a season! thoroughly enjoyed this one. We may be testing and whatever, but the main objective of this game is to have fun and that was thouroughly achieved, not only because of the results, but because they were achieved with mid tier level players and because of the grind that was needed to achieve it, considering the massive injuries we had thoughout the squad. We won the league , scoring 116 and conceeding 32. We won the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Champions League, losing only the Charuty Shield on pens to liverpool..

I really believe that the DLP tweak improves the overll performance of the team, however i'm still dividid regarding the FB marking, as we really manage to shut up shop against most teams, but sometimes leave spaces in behind that are hard to accept. The next stage imo is to do a holiday test with this version, with and without MM, to ascertain which is more sollid against the ME and take it from there, but i feel we are getting close to a final version of this tactic.

Thanks to all of you that have kept on trying, testing and giving feedback, i really appreciate it

BRPL.PNG

brpl1.PNG

brpl2.PNG

brpl3.PNG

brpl3.PNG

brst.PNG

BRT.PNG

Finished my second season with Brighton... and what a season! thoroughly enjoyed this one. We may be testing and whatever, but the main objective of this game is to have fun and that was thouroughly achieved, not only because of the results, but because they were achieved with mid tier level players and because of the grind that was needed to achieve it, considering the massive injuries we had thoughout the squad. We won the league , scoring 116 and conceeding 32. We won the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Champions League, losing only the Charuty Shield on pens to liverpool..

I really believe that the DLP tweak improves the overll performance of the team, however i'm still dividid regarding the FB marking, as we really manage to shut up shop against most teams, but sometimes leave spaces in behind that are hard to accept. The next stage imo is to do a holiday test with this version, with and without MM, to ascertain which is more sollid against the ME and take it from there, but i feel we are getting close to a final version of this tactic.

Thanks to all of you that have kept on trying, testing and giving feedback, i really appreciate it

View attachment 539303

View attachment 539304

View attachment 539305

View attachment 539306

View attachment 539307

View attachment 539308

View attachment 539309
Here's another good result with dual RPMs, first game with this setup on the senior team... maybe for a super team it works alright? 4/5 goals came from beautiful passing sequences or through balls :)

Attachments

• quick example.png
    quick example.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 123
What kind of player do you suggest at the front three?(what kind of player should i put him on am and ss?)