Resource icon

Fearless & Strikerless 4123 2021-01-09

What kind of player do you suggest at the front three?(what kind of player should i put him on am and ss?)

Finishing is important for all of them. however Passing is more important for the AM's as they are repsonsible for setting up most of the goals. The SS needs Speed, finishing and composure especially. I'd say the perfect example of an SS in terms of stats is David Brooks and of an AM Ruben Loftus Cheek. These players have performed superbly for me in these 2 positions. Marcus Edwards can do both superbly too, despite only having 13 finishing, but his 16 composure goes a long way. Composure is very important for the SS, as they get a lot of chances and if they have low composure they will squander quite a few

@White Europe Did u do any more testing with 3CB variation?
No, i think original works best. But 3 CB also works quite well but not many like to play that way. 2nd place with Verona i posted was great for that team, 45 goals conceded was my concern but with transfers and actualy playing the game it would be much more solid. Probably in games tweaks would help a lot: like changing mentality, d- line, regroup etc.

Finishing is important for all of them. however Passing is more important for the AM's as they are repsonsible for setting up most of the goals. The SS needs Speed, finishing and composure especially. I'd say the perfect example of an SS in terms of stats is David Brooks and of an AM Ruben Loftus Cheek. These players have performed superbly for me in these 2 positions. Marcus Edwards can do both superbly too, despite only having 13 finishing, but his 16 composure goes a long way. Composure is very important for the SS, as they get a lot of chances and if they have low composure they will squander quite a few

Curiously I find Finishing not so decisive for SS (or strikers in general). Pace, Acceleration and Agility are very important to lose defenders. Off the Ball and Anticipation also key to be in the right positions to score. Dribbling, Flair and Composure big bonus. Also good/great passers are needed in pretty much every position because key passes can come from FB, DM, CM and AMC (sometimes GK ;) )

Btw surprised you dropped the MEZ role. Surely DLP will give more stability but I found MEZ movement very important especially for creating space for underlapping FB. Clearly working well for you though! Hopefully all these subtle tweaks will still be relevant with new patch... This is my go-to tactic for all my saves from Canada to South Africa, I'm relying completely on you :LOL:

Curiously I find Finishing not so decisive for SS (or strikers in general). Pace, Acceleration and Agility are very important to lose defenders. Off the Ball and Anticipation also key to be in the right positions to score. Dribbling, Flair and Composure big bonus. Also good/great passers are needed in pretty much every position because key passes can come from FB, DM, CM and AMC (sometimes GK ;) )

Btw surprised you dropped the MEZ role. Surely DLP will give more stability but I found MEZ movement very important especially for creating space for underlapping FB. Clearly working well for you though! Hopefully all these subtle tweaks will still be relevant with new patch... This is my go-to tactic for all my saves from Canada to South Africa, I'm relying completely on you :LOL:

tottally agree, Marcus Edwards only has 13 finishing, but great composure, agility, pace, acceleration, off the ball and anticipation but is a beast at SS in this game

regarding the MEZ i'm gonna run a few holiday tests to compare with and witjout man marking and also DLP's vs MEZ

do you know when the new patch is being released? it killed my strikerless tactic last time

tottally agree, Marcus Edwards only has 13 finishing, but great composure, agility, pace, acceleration, off the ball and anticipation but is a beast at SS in this game

regarding the MEZ i'm gonna run a few holiday tests to compare with and witjout man marking and also DLP's vs MEZ

do you know when the new patch is being released? it killed my strikerless tactic last time

Honestly Marcus Edwards needs to be downgraded!

Winter patch is usually end of february (likely after russian and chinese leagues transfer deadline). In the last three or four editions final patch has brought minimal ME changes, we'll see this time...

@veez what's your starting 11 for Brighton?

Ramsdale (GK) Tosin (RB) Goddfrey (CBR) Bastoni (CBL) Mendes (LB) White (DM) Marcos Antonio (MCR) McNeill (MCL) Loftus-Cheek (AMCR) Marcus Edwards (AMCL) David Brooks (SS)

Ramsdale (GK) Tosin (RB) Goddfrey (CBR) Bastoni (CBL) Mendes (LB) White (DM) Marcos Antonio (MCR) McNeill (MCL) Loftus-Cheek (AMCR) Marcus Edwards (AMCL) David Brooks (SS)

cheers mate is that mcneil from burnley?

Any word on the DLP test? I wound up using that tweak over the RPMs, as you suggested.

Sadly the v369 (all tweaks) didnt do aswell for me as the original V3. In my last match I started with V369 and came behind 2-0 within 15 minutes. It was against a "you have nothing to loose against this team so enjoy yourselves" team so.. i guess it made sense. Then I changed back to the V3 version and made a small tweak: I turned the 2 midfielders into 2 advanced playmakers.

Then look what happened:
Lviv_StrikerlessDoubleAP.PNG

I turned around the game 2-3 and turning a XG from close to 0, to one of 3.04! Against a team that was doing well in the top 5, predicted 6th while i am predicted to come the bottom of the league. Crazy!

So I hereby present to you my tweak: Fearless & Strikerless 4123 v3 (Double AP), Double AP is not only because of the double advanced playmakers but also my DoubleR username ;-)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

Attachments

• Fearless & Strikerless 4123 v3 (Double AP).fmf
    45.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Sadly the v369 (all tweaks) didnt do aswell for me as the original V3. In my last match I started with V369 and came behind 2-0 within 15 minutes. It was against a "you have nothing to loose against this team so enjoy yourselves" team so.. i guess it made sense. Then I changed back to the V3 version and made a small tweak: I turned the 2 midfielders into 2 advanced playmakers.

Then look what happened:
View attachment 539493

I turned around the game 2-3 and turning a XG from close to 0, to one of 3.04! Against a team that was doing well in the top 5, predicted 6th while i am predicted to come the bottom of the league. Crazy!

So I hereby present to you my tweak: Fearless & Strikerless 4123 v3 (Double AP), Double AP is not only because of the double advanced playmakers but also my DoubleR username ;-)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Yeah, putting playmakers at those spots definitely leads to some nice attacking play. Great through balls from the CMs to the AMs on top of the great service from the L/R AMs to the SS. Definitely worth messing with to see if AP/DLP (probably not RPM, as veez has said) work best there. Because I switched my DM to DLP-D, I would love it if the APs worked well just so I don't have three DLPs in there lol

been eventful meetings with Liverpool, but the latest was very much pleasing to me lol had just secured my 2nd title before this game so effectively it was a nothing game on my behalf plus i rotated as i have a 2nd leg semi final champions league game away to Man City in 3 days(taking a 2-0 lead). already secured the carabao cup and community shield aswell and an fa cup final to look forward to, will post pics of end of season soon

Attachments

• Man Utd v Liverpool_ Review.png
    Man Utd v Liverpool_ Review.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 149
  • Manchester United_ Past Meetings.png
    Manchester United_ Past Meetings.png
    595.4 KB · Views: 152
Here we are, end of season 2 with Man Utd. Mainly used v999, started off with v369 but after conceding 9 in 1st 3 games i reverted back. superb season only losing twice in all competitions(the loss to Porto was down to an early s/o from Pogba and i never changed mentality which ultimately bit me on the a**e, the loss to Liverpool well.....Liverpool are very very difficult to beat on here so its a 50/50 going to Anfield no matter who you are).

Come January i had the opportunity to bring back Cristiano Ronaldo on a free for the next season, i activated the buy now clause which was 4.5m(i could not pass on this dream scenario of having the GOAT back at OT!!!) i wanted him to hit the 20 goal mark by May and he did with 24. another transfer news is Onana is now a utd player but will probably be the only signing this summer, going to bring some youth through and get some dead weight out of the club.

loving this tactic atm with so many goals and assists spread throughout the team, now currently into the summer and in the CWC so hopefully can add that to the collection and hopefully successfully defend all my titles from last season( F.A Cup, Carabao Cup, Premier League, Community Shield & Champions League)

GOOD JOB VEEZ

Attachments

• Aaron Osborn_ End of Season Review.png
    Aaron Osborn_ End of Season Review.png
    348 KB · Views: 75
  • Aaron Osborn_ End of Season Review-2.png
    Aaron Osborn_ End of Season Review-2.png
    410.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Aaron Osborn_ End of Season Review-3.png
    Aaron Osborn_ End of Season Review-3.png
    461 KB · Views: 78
  • Aaron Osborn_ End of Season Review-4.png