sir_shanley

Reaction score
I know most people will probably kick off about this post but I have really had enough of this game.

Some of the issues I have are:

1. I can play a whole game with great attacking football with my team playing really well to get a goal for the opposition 2 minutes later after having nothing of the game to get a freekick on the edge of the area which they rifle into the top corner. It annoys me as there is no build up to this freekick it just comes up as the next highlight and they have a goal. Its not just freekicks its corners as well. No build up play just a corner and their centre back heads home.

2. I consistantly concede goals from 25 yards+ from players who have no right to score from that distance. I once concede 3 goals against Chelsea with Mikel scoring all 3 from 30 yards + one of them on a volley yet Wayne Rooney for me missed 4 1-1s without actually hitting the target.

3. In my whole time playing FM2011 I have not once seen an opposition goalkeeper make a mistake that has led to my team scoring a goal yet I will see my goalkeepers concede at least 5 goals a year from their mistakes one such timely one being when I needed 3 points to qualify from the playoffs in the Championship and after holding the game a 1-0 for 90 minutes my keeper drops the ball at the oppostions feet to record their only shot on target to draw the game 1-1 effectively ending my hopes of getting to the Premiership.

4. Despite the fact I don't encourage a hard tackling game I will generally have about 11 sending offs a season and will concede on average about 7 penalties a year. I on the other hand are lucky to get more than 3 penalties a year and its very rare a player will get sent off playing against me! In a new game I recently started as Barcelona I have played 12 games and had 5 red cards and had 4 penalties against. No team I have played has had a man sent off nor given away a penalty against me.

5. This was the biggest joke I have ever seen in a football manager game. In a game against Liverpool my Man City team had 18 shots 9 on target and Liverpool had 3 shots 0 on target yet won the game 1-0 due to my defender heading into his own net under pressure from no one!

I know most people will come back and say its my tactics that are wrong or that I am just bitter and to be fair you probably have a point but I am tired of putting together a world class team only to be turned over by Sunderland 3 - 0 at home when they have had 3 shots on target all game and my Man City team with Dzeko and Aguero up front hit 8 shots on target and score nothing or have a League 1 team pass it around my first team like they aren't even there and win the game 1-0.

I just miss the old games where when you had a good team they played like a good team and ripped smaller teams apart and a good striker scored the chances he should and occasionally yes you would get beat but it would but it would be a waranted defeat against a team who were better than you on the day not a team who hit 1 shot on target and win the game by having a keeper who despite having the poorest stats in the world plays world class!

basically everything you sed has been mentioned in here so yeah
those issues are down to something you're doing probably. Would try and list them but can't really be bothered now so I'll let someone else do it

1. Happened to everyone
2. Happened to everyone
3. Happened to everyone
4. Use the 'stay on feet' command
5. lol

If you're fed up don't play. I personally think it's the easiest FM I've played...but what do I know ;)

I understand where you are coming from on your points the worst part about the you dominate and lose scenario is that I can usually tell its gonna happen due bad shots or **** goalie having a world class performance I do wish it was less predictable at times but I still keep playing it despite the screw jobs so it cant be that bad

download the latest 11.3 patch and all your problems will be solved...

I've gone through this before, but believe me you will get through it. I posted something similar about a month ago, but I'm really enjoying it at the moment, even though things aren't going as well as I'd like. I don't think it's totally down to the game. I've made changes since my post that have improved things. Things like making fine adjustments to how deep I play have really stopped teams scoring long range goals. If teams are testing my keeper a lot from outside the area I just push them forward a bit at a time until it stops. This has worked really well for me.

As for conceding goals to teams who only have a few shots in a game and score, well this is football, these things happen now and then. It's probably because the other team are playing heavily defensive and counter-attacking. Don't let your team get too sucked up their end of the pitch and expose yourself at the back. This is not always that easy, I conceded two late counter-attack goals the other night after being 2-1 up with 10 mins to go. I had my defensive line quite deep because I knew they have fast forwards. But twice they launched the ball over the top for the striker to run onto and score. Ideally buy some fast defenders with good anticipation.

And in your first point, what highlight mode are you watching it in? I'd expect this to happen in key highlights mode. I always watch the game in extended highlights mode as I like to get an idea of the overall game play and build up.

I've been through 'the whole game is against me' thing, but I'm sure in most cases it's something you're doing or not doing. If something is happening a lot against your team there's probably a reason for it!

I couldn't get into it. But then I made a Serbia save.

<3

I've never had any of these problems, ever, so I can't relate to you but I do see a lot of people complaining and I kinda want to complain myself, but I can't :(

I had that feeling back in the first days in FM05. What really annoyed me, though, wasn't the losses or the many times 9/10 my 18 finishing striker missed saves against 10 on on ones goalie and their 10 finisher scored 9/10 one on ones against my 18 one on ones goalkeeper; but that every game started very well with my team on top for the five first matches, being one not tipped for anything high, and then results dropped. made me think the game eased the difficulty at the start to goad you into wanting more so the sledgehammer would hurt more later.

Once I started to understand the game, to know better what to look in the players' profile and the meaning and reflection of the sliders, all those problems disappeared. Nowadays I enjoy giving that sort of **** to the AI (6)

then its ballz to u sir. either quit it or play it.