Feeling Posh - Peterborough United Story

Roddo7

Reaction score
I couldn't think of a team that I would like to play as and continue playing as for a long time, so I just chose Peterborough, In this save I edited the leagues so it's like real life, e.g: Cardiff in the Prem, Wigan in the Championship. Finally I just want to say that this is my first ever long term save and the first one I'm posting on the line (Internship Joke there) So if there is something I'm doing wrong or something I can do better PLEASE tell me!! Now, let's get started!

=================================================================

Feeling Posh

A Peterborough United Story
KFAIJ1F.jpg

RKnMk2o.png

((For those who don't know Peter Gain is a former Posh player who last played for Posh in 2006))

Some History Of The Mighty Mighty Posh

Q6516cG.png

KEY PLAYERS AND TRANSFERS

George Boyd:
livRMTv.png

Gabriel Zakuani:
livRMTv.png

Lee Tomlin:
livRMTv.png

Scott Wootten (£800k):
GrMhUlE.png

Paddy McCourt (LOAN):
4V3oU6h.png

I tried to Sell some players but no one would buy so I'm pretty much bankrupt. I also bought loads of free agents to fill up my Reserve squad so I could have an actual Reserve squad.

PRE-SEASON

My Pre-Season games consist of the Reserves side, Bournemouth, Doncaster, Morecambe, Millwall and Chester. I'm hoping to win the Morecambe and Chester ones and hopefully pick up at least a draw to the Championship sides.

PETERBOROUGH UNITED 3 (Gayle 9, 45, Clarke-Harris 70)

PETERBOROUGH RESERVES 0 (-)

Even if the Reserve side is full of U18's as we have no Reserve team it was still a solid performance.

PETERBOROUGH UNITED 5 (Zakuani 4, 37, Boyd 5, Gayle 18, Assombalonga 34)

BOURNEMOUTH 2 (Pitman 31, Fraser 77)

Woah. Excellent performance by us against a Championship side, pffh, and the media have as finishing 4th.

DONCASTER 1 (Coppinger 42)

PETERBOROUGH UNITED 3 (Assombalonga 3, Swanson, 7, Barnett 18)

Great start and a bit of a weak finish, although I would take a morale boaster any day of the week.

MORECAMBE 1 (Ellison 47)

PETERBOROUGH UNTIED 5 (Gayle 17, Rowe 31, Assombalonga 45, 80, Bostwick 49)

Despite the score Morecambe gave us a good challenge, they had 3 goals disallowed.

PETERBOROUGH UNTIED 1 (Rowe 59)

MILLWALL 3 (N'Guessan 14, Taylor 54, Twurm 77)

Once again despite the score we were all over them, a howler by our keeper and poor finishing left us with our first ever defeat, even if it Pre-Season

CHESTER 2 (Williams 25, Jarman 40)

PETERBOROUGH UNTIED 2 (Tomlin 6, Assombalonga 30)

I put out a FULL STRENGTH squad, the one I WAS going to use to start the league! We played terrible and at the break I used all my subs and put out a whole new side, and what do you know, Chester parked the bus and defended like crazy! Oh well, we can only blame ourselves. But one thing I can't understand is why the coaches were HAPPY with the performance!!!?!?!?

pjsLGws.jpg

CAPITAL ONE CUP 1ST ROUND DRAW:

SWINDON vs. PETERBOROUGH UNITED

An OK draw, hoping for an easy League 2 side but after the Chester game I think we would lose it.

SUMMARY

A terrible end to an otherwise OK Pre-Season, the Capital One Cup draw is OK. Although with our low bank budget and 3 star players contracts expiring promotion this season is a must.

Thanks for Reading this Part of 'Feeling Posh' and UTP!