Fellaini ruled out for the rest of the season

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6788292,00.html

Everton will be without the influential Marouane Fellaini for the remainder of the season while Tim Cahill will be out for at least two weeks.

The Belgium international, who will undergo ankle surgery next week, did not feature in the Toffees' surprise FA Cup defeat to Reading on Tuesday and manager David Moyes
spacer.gif
confirmed the news after the match.

Fellaini aggravated the injury in Saturday's 2-0 weekend success over Sunderland and he will not take part again for Everton this term.

"Marouane is going to be out for the season now, he will have an operation on Monday," confirmed Moyes.

With Everton now out of the FA Cup, Moyes' only task is ensuring the club retain their Premier League status and they currently sit 11th in the table five points clear of third from bottom Wolves.

In a double blow for Everton, Moyes also confirmed after the full-time whistle that talisman Cahill would also be sidelined for at least two weeks with a foot problem.
Moyes added: "Everybody who has watched us will tell you he has been a key player for us and Tim Cahill will probably miss two or three weeks as well."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor bloke. I really like him, and he just can't seem to catch a break.

Feel sorry for Fellaini, and for Moyes. Everything going against him this season, and I admire him as a manager.

Ah ****. This night can't get any ****** worse can it. This could potentially have dire consequences because as tonight showed, without those two we're in deep s***. Moyes is gonna have some massive headaches now

Tis a shame for Everton, Injuries really are a pain in the backside.

I wish him a good recovery he is a good player and has the second best hair in the premier league ( behind Luiz ofcourse ;) :p)

Ah ****. This night can't get any ****** worse can it. This could potentially have dire consequences because as tonight showed, without those two we're in deep s***. Moyes is gonna have some massive headaches now

I'm amazed he's still there to be honest, such a tough job he has. Amazing loyalty.

it just gets worse and worse...

I'm amazed he's still there to be honest, such a tough job he has. Amazing loyalty.

I'm sure not a single Everton fan would begrudge him leaving now, but I'm equally sure he won't. He's a top-class manager and a top-class bloke from what I can see.

I'm sure not a single Everton fan would begrudge him leaving now, but I'm equally sure he won't. He's a top-class manager and a top-class bloke from what I can see.

I think he should leave in the summer now. He doesn't deserve this. Before long he's going to be made a scapegoat by some sections, and I never want to see that happen. He doesn't deserve it. But he needs a break for his health more than anything. He's been on the rollercoaster ride from **** lately.

Things just keep getting worse for Everton, starting to feel a bit sorry for them now...

It's the last thing we need too with Newcastle next on Saturday. Have a feeling Nolan and Barton will have a field day now.

I wish him a good recovery he is a good player and has the second best hair in the premier league ( behind Luiz ofcourse ;) :p)
Your clearly forgetting Coloccini D: On topic though, It's a big blow for Everton and a big boost for Newcastle, but we also have injury troubles with Barton maybe missing the game.

I think we can win at Goodison this time then. Fellaini is a huge part of Everton.

But i feel sorry for him.

The most unluckiest team when it comes to injuries. Shame really. He was key part of Everton set up. Now Neville will be moved to CM/DM position?

What will be the first choice mid field for Everton now considering all injuries.

Never looked forward to a summer break as I have now-sooner it comes the better.

That depends on how you fare in your next few matches - considering your current situation you may well find yourself in the relegation zone sooner rather than later. In that case, believe me, you'd like the season to last forever.

Bah, that's my point of view at least, been through 3 relegations in the past decade...

The most unluckiest team when it comes to injuries. Shame really. He was key part of Everton set up. Now Neville will be moved to CM/DM position?

What will be the first choice mid field for Everton now considering all injuries.

Could use Heitinga at DM too i suppose. Risk using Hibbert at RB if Neville did go there. I like Hibberts playing as he's pretty much always up for it, but could get skinned all too often when facing players like Tevez etc. Either way, this will definately cause major problems for Everton now. Not just in players available, but it's going to hit morale too I suspect.