Reaction score
I have thought about this a few times, and with the increase in popularity of women's football, fifa nave broken into the women's teams, not fully i must admit, but have about 20 international teams. Is there any news about FM introducing female players/teams to the game, is it likely, and if so when do people think it will happen?

Also what are peoples opinion on this?

It is one of those perennial discussions that comes around pretty regularly.
Ultimately, although I would love to see the women's game included, I think it comes down to the projected revenue it would generate. It would be a huge job to research, develop the database and set up, not to mention the vagaries of how to actually integrate female players using the current model for attributes I'm not sure it would be financially viable for SI to introduce it - yet.

It would be a great addition, the ability to run a career save and move between codes - a la Phil Neville - but for now, at least, I think it's on the back-burner at SI.

It's not nearly popular enough to be added to FM.

Miles has been quoted as saying attendance figures would need to be Championship levels before it gets added.

They cant even create a decent game as it is so not much chance of them adding Womens football.

They cant even create a decent game as it is so not much chance of them adding Womens football.
Yeh, kind of my though

I don't think that would be too hard technically. Like avoiding playing with men and stuff.
But I just don't see SI putting in all the work.

Right now we can't even put a gender filter in staff search. Mind blowing.