Fenerbahçe becoming the Juventus of Turkey?

Darth South

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have enough time to tell every speculation, but basicly 40 people including, chairman (or president) of Fenerbahçe Aziz Yıldırım is arrested(I am not sure arrested is the right word in English, judgement is not yet given).

There is a possiblty that Fenerhbahçe's championship being taken, and they get relegated. Aziz Yıldırım has a bad record. He few times entered refree's room in half-time during the season and furiously talked with them claiming they are not managing the game well.

At the end of the season there was also another investigation with Fenerbahçe vice-captain Emre Belözoğlu with the claim that he texted a message to a player whose team is playing against Trabzonspor.(Trabzon and Fenerbahçe had competed for championship)

Also a new signed player from Karabükspor to Fenerbahçe by 9 million euros Emmanuel Emenike is arressted. Important thing is that before the match between Fenerbahçe and Karabükspor he said he won'Ttplay as he is injured, however doctors said otherwise. His transfer from Karabük to Fenerbahçe also had a lot of speculation considering if he played in that match he could surely made a great impact.

Sorry for typing and grammar mistakes I'm from Turkey, and had to write this quickly.

P.S: Fenerbahçe and Trabzonspor finished the league with same points, but Fenerbahçe was crowned because of the results of the matches they played with each other).

Last edited:
If all allegations (none were stated by the way) are proven true, this will prove to be a vary dark spot in Turkish Football history. Hopefully more detail will come into light.

If it gets proved to be true, how sad for turkish football.

It's a shame when someone, at any level, cheat one way or another.