Fenerbahçe S.K. - The best Asian team in Europe

this was a great read !! you pulled off some **** nice wins over big teams !! Turkish Cup final and the three way title race last day is what FM is all bout !

Season Review 2018/19

Just a quick look back at our first season which was by and large a success even with us winning the league and knocking Barca out the Champions League. The main blot being a Turkish Cup final loss to our big rivals.

View attachment 28409

Hasan Ali Kaldirim claims fans player of the season, just beating out Slimani with Ayew in third. Kaldirim was a stand out player on the left hand side for us and its a good call by the fans. Topals super strike against our biggest rivals and his ex-team Galatasaray winning goal of the season. Concha claims signing of the season but loses to Tetteh for young player of the season. The only change I would make to the starting lineup would be Ozan Tufan coming in for Mehmet Topal and then swap him with Jailson.

View attachment 28406
Our season overview, largely a successful season for us. The comeback win over Besiktas with Slimani scoring twice in injury time was a high point.

View attachment 28405

Slimani just edged out of all people Cameron Jerome and Papiss Cisse to just claim the Top Goalscorer award. Sadly Slimani will be leaving us as I couldn't convince Leicester to extend his loan and I have no where near the money to buy him.

View attachment 28404
Baris Alici won Young Player of the Year. He was outstanding for us and when he was out injured our form did noticeably drop off when he was out injured.

View attachment 28403
Andre Ayew claimed player of the season, despite some injuries he was immense and averaged a goal or assist per game he played. Despite being 5'9 he was strangely lethal from corners. Like Slimani he will be leaving and Swansea don't want to return him on loan and I can't pay his £10 million clause.

View attachment 28402
We get five players in the team of the season. Slimani and Ayew aren't surprises as they won awards Tekin had a good season for us in goal as did Kaldirim at left back. Djilobodji is a bit of surprise as I would have said Reyes performed better than him, although he was a good pick up on a free.

View attachment 28401
Our players win 3 of the 4 positional awards with Allano, who had a great season for Bursaspor beating Ayew to the midfielder of the season award.

View attachment 28400
We force Barca to be the underachievers in the Champions League, although they did unsurprisingly go on to win the Europa League beating Monaco on penalties.

View attachment 28399
Our debts went down a bit and then our board took out £10 million more of interest to add to our debt so we basically paid off a couple million over the course of last season. £2.8 million per month goes out to try and help pay off our debts.

View attachment 28398
We get a couple big new sponsorships to help us get some money into the club, although one of them has a reduction if we get relegated so that sponsor clearly doesn't believe in us.

View attachment 28397View attachment 28396

Since we are limited to how much we can spend on transfers I have the board invest some of our money in our youth system so we can hopefully produce some good players of our own.

New Contracts

A number of players signed new deals in the aftermath of our title win. One fun bonus of playing in Turkey is that players don't get appearance or goal bonus or anything like that so negotiating is much easier and quicker.

View attachment 28395View attachment 28394View attachment 28393View attachment 28392
Most are first team ones but Volkan Demirel signs a new deal that sees him take a large pay cut and also become goalkeeper coach for our youth team.​

That's a crazy amount of money to be paying out every month just to cover the debt. At least you'll have the champions league money to try and balance it out a bit

That's a crazy amount of money to be paying out every month just to cover the debt. At least you'll have the champions league money to try and balance it out a bit

Yeah and the worse part is even with paying that much it will still take over a decade to come close to clearing all the clubs debt. The clubs owner is the son of the richest man in turkey so maybe he can convince his dad to spend 20% of his net worth to clear our debts. If he can't then we will have to keep making the Champions League to make sure the payments don't impact us to much financially.

Summer 2019 Transfer Window

Despite the lack of initial funds it was quite a busy transfer window for us as we had to recover from the losses of some huge players as we aim to retain the title we won last season.

View attachment 28390
We start the window with news that we earned £424k for playing Turkish players in the league and a further £58k for our players playing for the Turkish national team. As we only spent £476k to register foreign players last season we make £6k out of the foreign player registration money. For anyone who hasn't played in Turkey you have to pay an amount that increases per foreign player you register and is double for goalies, up to 14 players, and then the money from all the teams is put together and divided with the minutes that Turkish players played in the league and for the national team being used to calculate what percentage of the total pot a team gets back.

Outgoing Players
View attachment 28385We rake in a club record £19 million as a number of players move on. Papy Djilobodji wanted a new long term deal with a big raise and given his age I wasn't willing to give him it so he left for Levante. Samir Nasri didn't play well so he left for Frosinone and Tolga also wanted to leave so will join him in Italy at Sassuolo. Nabil Dirar and Isla who were both unhappy and out on loan last season leave for Kobenhavn and Parma respectively. Salih Ucan returned from a loan agreed before I got there and there was no space for him so he moved to France. Elmas, Kadioglu, Augusto, Cetin, Conca, Frey and Ozsoy are players who could definitely play a role next season but will be out on loan for the current season.

Incoming Transfers

The sales gave me a lot of money and with some big players to replace I spent all I could to make the squad as good as possible.

Sebastian Perez
View attachment 28383Sebastian Perez joins us on a free as his contract with Boca Juniors was allowed to expire. With Topal getting older and Jailson getting constantly into card trouble in the deeper role Perez will come in and hopefully defend well and also add a playmaking part to the defensive midfield role that we didn't have last season.

Dedryck Boyata
View attachment 28381He was signed on a free after his Celtic contract expired to replace Djilobodji however, in the time between him signing and joining us he picked up a rather nasty injury that will see him miss the start of the season unfortunately. When he's fit he should have a very good few seasons for us as a solid centre back.

Antonio Sanabria
View attachment 28379The Paraguayan joins us for £2.3 million after he was transfer listed by Real Betis. A good striker who will come in to replace Benzia who was the third player who left us after his loan ended. He will be playing in the advanced forward role with Tetteh taking over from Slimani as a target man.

Koray Gunter
View attachment 28376We did have a lack of depth at centre back so I spent 675k to bring Koray Gunter back to Istanbul after a season at Genoa. With the foreign player limit its best to make depth players Turkish and buying them from inside Turkey can get expensive as they are valuable so getting them from abroad is a better plan.

Dani Olmo
View attachment 28375The replacement for Ayew is Dani Olmo who we sign for just £2.7 million from Dinamo. A talented inside forward Olmo has big shoes to fill as Ayew was immense from the left wing. He should be able to take on his man and beat him with his stats and he should have a decent final product for us.

Alejandro Chumacero
View attachment 28374The small Bolivian winger joins from just £1.9 million from Mexican side Puebla to compete for a spot on our right wing. A really solid technical player with solid physicals and mentals as well he should be able to create some havoc with balls into the box, especially with 6'4 Tetteh to aim for in the box and his 17 jumping reach.

Enes Unal
View attachment 28373A really good Turkish player in a position where we need another player for depth available on loan for just £9k a week. Sounds perfect as we get Enes Unal in on loan from Villarreal, he is also home grown Turkish player for the CL which is something we needed to get. Solid back up for Sanabria and if he does well then I'd consider making the move permanent.

Mert Mulder
View attachment 28371Mulder was our big signing as we spent £4 million to sign him and he choose to join us over a couple of Premier League teams. Our scouts were bigger fans of him than our coaches our so hopefully the scouts are proven right. He's solid at the big 3 stats for a CB and with him declaring for Turkey he will be homegrown in the league but not the CL. At 20 he still has time on his side to develop.

Jovan Markovic
View attachment 28370A cheap deal as we get him for just £400k to U Craiova as my scouts we right about this young talent. The Romanian signed a cheap deal and we moved him Genclerbigli on loan for a season where hopefully he can play well in the second tier.

Abdulkerim Cakar
View attachment 28368
Taking a punt on Turkish youngsters will be a theme and as Germany has better youth facilities than Turkey a lot of them will come from Germany. We spend 400k to bring him in from Frankfurt and hopefully he can develop into a first team option for us and he has some decent stats for an 18 year old.

Yucel Korkmaz
View attachment 28367Another punt on a Turkish youngster as Korkmaz joins us for £160k from Istanbulspor where he has already made his professional debut. A decent looking prospect at right back he will hopefully be a part of the team for years to come.

Yann-Aurel Bisseck
View attachment 28364For some reason Koln seemed desperate to get rid of the German U-21 player however, I didn't have much money available now. A deal was still reach as only 250k was spent up front on Bisseck. 3 million more is guaranteed over the next three seasons and 3 million more is potentially going to Koln if he meets certain requirements. A really good deal for us I.M.O.

Javier Hernandez
View attachment 28363
Our final signing is Chicharito on loan from West Ham, and we only have to pay a small amount of his wages to get him in on loan. A lethal finisher in the box I think he will good a impact sub if we need a goal and think he would be lethal from any knock downs Tetteh made in the box.

View attachment 28362
We spend all the money I could as we look to retool our side from some major losses.

View attachment 28361View attachment 28360
Topal takes a pay cut to get a one year extension with us and the money saves goes to give Tetteh a new deal and keep him around for four more years.​

Some fantastic signings in there! Dani Olmo looks class at 21! Sanabria is a good addition and Boyata will be a beast for you.

I love learning about different leagues, I love the payouts for domestic players and national team players, this is a good read. It's what I love best about reading stories.

Some fantastic signings in there! Dani Olmo looks class at 21! Sanabria is a good addition and Boyata will be a beast for you.

Yeah pleased with Olmo hopefully he sticks around for a while to fulfil his potential with us. Sanabria should be good and once Boyata is fit he can hopefully find his best form.

I love learning about different leagues, I love the payouts for domestic players and national team players, this is a good read. It's what I love best about reading stories.

The Turkish League has a couple weird rules, the worst part was since my Turkish keeper Volkan Demeriel retired from Int'l duty with Turkey I have to pay to register him even though he is Turkish as he isn't eligible for the national team. Thanks, hope you keep enjoying

August Update

We kick things off with a Super Cup game against our intercontinental rivals Galatasaray before getting underway in the league as we look to defend our title.

View attachment 27978
Figured I'd show our title rivals transfers. Gala had the same have to make a profit FFP punishment as us and so just brought in loans. Borja Valero and Soufiane Boufal stand out as the best two players they got in.

View attachment 27977
Besiktas however were free to spend and did so turning Ljajic's loan into a permanent move for big money and bringing in Mensah and Enrich from Spain to help bolster their attack is their biggest moves.

View attachment 27976
Bursaspor sign Henri Saivet after his loan there last season. Leckie joins them on loan along with Tomecak and they pick up a few frees.

Turkish Super Cup

Fenerbahce 2-0 Galatasaray
View attachment 27975

Chumacero has a great debut as he scores and gets an assist to give us the super cup. He converted a penalty with a low shot into the bottom corner and then crossed in for Enes Unal to turn in and also get a debut goal.

Fenerbahce 5-0 Konyaspor
View attachment 27974We kick off our league campaign with a massive win over Konyaspor with Tetteh starting his season with a hat trick. Jailson scored out first goal of the season shooting into the bottom corner from just inside the box. Tetteh scored a hat trick of close range finished and an own goal helped to give us the convincing opening day win and lay down a marker for the rest of the season.

Oslimanspor 1-4 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27972A four goal first half sees us get a comfortable win over newly promoted Oslimanspor. Tetteh headed in from a Chumacero cross and Unal headed in from a Hasan Ali Kaldirim cross to put us two goals up. Olmo whipped in a free kick that Jailson headed onto the bar and Kaldirim headed in the rebound. Unal took advantage of a poor defenders touch in the box to make it four just before the break. Oslimanspor scored from a corner to pull a goal back midway through the second half.

Fenerbahce 4-2 Sivasspor
View attachment 27971

Chicharito and Dani Olmo scored their first goals for the club as we made it three wins form three in the league. Unal put us in front with a simple header after the keeper came out to try and claim a cross he got nowhere near. Olmo doubled our lead with a great half volley from a tight angle after Sivasspor couldn't clear their lines. Kilinc was left a simple finish by poor defending and Colidio headed in a deflected cross at the near post to make it 2-2. Chicharito put us back in front not long after a defender smashed an attempted clearance into his shins and the ball flew in. Olmo grabbed a late goal to make the win look a bit more comfortable with another half volley, this one off of a great pass by Jailson.

Yeni Malatyaspor 1-0 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27973We shoot ourselves in the foot to end our perfect start to the season as Perez got a second booking just before half time to send us down to ten men. We then gave away a stupid penalty that was scored and hit the woodwork a couple times in the last ten minutes as we couldn't find an equaliser.

Table
View attachment 27970
We sit in fifth as both Gala and Bursaspor get off to perfect starts in August. Besiktas, Basaksehir and Trabzonspor have all got off to poor starts.

Champions League Group
View attachment 27969
A very good Spanish side and a Russian side just like last year with Napoli instead of a team from England the only location chance. I would expect us to beat Krasnodar to third place and would expect Napoli and Atletico to claim the top two spots but who knows what will happen.​

September Update

We get underway in the Champions League as we will take on Napoli at home, where we had some very good results last season. In the league we face a series of games that we should win as we look to keep close to top spot in the table.

Fenerbahce 3-0 Rizespor
View attachment 27968We bounce back from our loss in the league with a convincing win over Rizespor. Tetteh scored a header and beat the keeper 1 on 1 to put us two goals up at the half. Chicharito scored the only goal of the second half pouncing on the loose ball from a slide tackle and firing past the keeper.

Fenerbahce 1-3 Napoli
View attachment 27967Without Reyes and Chicharito, who were competing in the Confederations Cup Playoff for Mexico we lose to Napoli in what is my first home loss in Europe with Fener. Insigne put us behind early firing in at the back post. Sanabria got us level with a similar goal turning in a cross from Chumacero. Rog quickly had Napoli back in front with a good finish on the counter. A cross was turned in by Boyata to wrap up a poor game for us.

View attachment 27966
Jailson will miss about a month with a hamstring strain against Napoli. He'll be a big miss for us in the midfield in that time.

Alanyaspor 1-4 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27965
A Tetteh hat trick helps us to victory a straightforward win over Alanyaspor. Tetteh got us ahead after 26 minutes with a low strike from just outside the box. Ozan Tufan slammed a half volley past the keeper to put us two goals ahead just after half time, Tetteh headed in soon after to make it three goals. Cisse got Alanyaspor on the board with a backpass hitting an unaware player putting him in on goal. Tetteh got his hat trick with a good finish from close range. Unal had a penalty saved late on.

Fenerbahce 4-1 Kasimpasa
View attachment 27964Four different second half goal scorers sees us claim the win over Kasimpasa to end the month. Chicharito found space in the box and when the ball found him was as lethal as even sliding a low shot in past the keeper. Tufan fired in another powerful shot from just outside the box to put us two up. Tetteh made it three with a good finish past the keeper. Koray Gunter and Mbaye Diagne then each scored from errors by the other.

Table
View attachment 27963
Galatasaray remain perfect with 7 wins from 7 and we sit just three points back from them. Besiktas found some form of their own to be just five points behind us.

View attachment 27962

The two favourites both got comfortable wins to open up in the Champions League. We will face Atletico in Madrid and Krasnodar in Istanbul next month.​

Are you expecting to get to the knockout rounds of the Champions League again or would you be happy with a run in the Europa League knockout rounds?

Are you expecting to get to the knockout rounds of the Champions League again or would you be happy with a run in the Europa League knockout rounds?
I'm not expecting us to get into the knockouts of the Champions League as I don't think we are good enough but would be happy if we can sneak second place. Europa League give us a much better chance of silverware but I don't see us winning it anytime soon so would rather just get the extra money from the CL I think.

October Update

We have two Champions League games, including a must win at home to Krasnodar and a rivalry game against Trabzonspor to look forward to as the season begins to get a bit harder.​

Atletico Madrid 4-0 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27769

I'm not saying it as an excuse but, Antoine Griezmann does earn more before any of his bonus per week that our club wage bill is per week so we faced a tough task. Griezmann showed why he earned more than our team with a brace while Godin headed in from a corner and Costa scored from close range as we struggled in Madrid.​

Antalyaspor 0-3 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27768

We bounce back from our disappointing loss in Europe to record an easy win over Antalyaspor. Chumacero got us ahead cutting inside and firing a low shot in past the keeper. Tetteh quickly doubled our lead rising above three defenders to power in a header. Aly Cissokho gave away two penalties in 8 minutes and Chicharito scored one and saw the other saved.​

Fenerbahce 1-2 Trabzonspor

View attachment 27767

Despite Trabzonspor playing virtually the whole game with ten men we were beaten at home by them. Onazi got a red card after 8 minutes and I though we would win but Cardona popped up with a close range header and then blasted in from outside the box to put us two goals down with 15 minutes left. Reyes headed in a Chumacero free kick but we couldn't find the second goal.​

Fenerbahce 3-0 Krasnodar

View attachment 27766

In a must win game for us to be in Europe after the winter break Tetteh grabbed a massive hat trick to put us in a great position to finish at least third in the group. He headed in a Chumacero cross at the back post to get us in front. He then poked in the rebound after Sanabria headed off the bar and converted a late penalty to get his hat trick and give us our first points in Europe this season.​

Umraniyespor 1-2 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27773

A closer game than I would have hoped in the league but we get all the points which is the key. Chicharito saw an early penalty saved, I think twelve yards is to far from goal for him, before Gunter got us ahead toe poking in a loose ball in the box. Sanabria turned and fired a curling shot into the top corner from just outside the box to put us two goals ahead. Appindangoye scored just before half time heading in a corner as we get back to winning ways in the league.

Table
View attachment 27772Despite our loss we close the gap on Galatasaray to just one point as they have a poor month, Besiktas are also within three points of top spot as the top of the table is tight after ten games.

View attachment 27771

A draw in the Napoli Atletico game combined with our win leaves us four points off a qualification spot for the knockout rounds of the Champions League with three games left, two of which are away.

View attachment 27770

We will play Afyonspor first in the Turkish cup as we look to go one better than last season when we lost on penalties to Galatasaray. I expect us to win easily.

Last edited:
November Update

We face an incredibly tough month as we will have to travel to Naples and Russia in the Champions League while also facing Galatasaray, Besiktas and Basaksehir in Istanbul games and also Goztepe who are having a good season.

Fenerbahce 1-0 Galatasaray
View attachment 27765
Chicharito scored five minutes after coming on to send us top of the league as we win the fiercest rivalry between two teams based on different continents. Chumacero squared the ball to give Chicharito a chance to score from just inside the six yard box and he didn't waste it clinically beating Muslera and it was enough for us to get the win.

Krasnodar 0-2 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27764Two defenders score for us as we claim the win in Russia that guarantees us European knockout football. Reyes headed in from a Chumacero cross as the Bolivian claimed another assist. Peruzzi grabbed his first goal for the club with a powerful low drive to seal the win in injury time.

In the other game in our group Atletico beat Napoli meaning we are just a point behind them for second place.

Basaksehir 1-2 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27763
In an eventful game we claim full points despite ending the game with nine men. Tetteh got us ahead late in the first half heading in from a Baris Alici cross to get us ahead. He then scored seconds into the second half to double our lead controlling the ball with one touch somehow avoiding a tackle and then firing into the roof of the net from close range. Peruzzi got sent off after 53 minutes for a second booking and Jailson was also sent off after the 85th minute for the same reason. As if he hadn't done enough the ref then gave them a penalty that Adebayor scored but our nine men held on in injury time as we claimed the win.

Besiktas 2-0 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27762We play poorly as we lose away to Besiktas. Babel opened the scoring, given the freedom of the box he fired in from a tight angle. Ljajic scored the second heading in at the back post from a Babel cross.

Napoli 0-2 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27761
We claim a massive win to leapfrog Napoli into second place with just one game left. Tetteh opened the scoring just before the hour, a Chicharito pass in the box deflected off a defender and fell perfectly to Tetteh who fired in past the keeper to put us ahead. Chumacero rolled a late penalty right into the bottom corner to make the end of the game a bit more comfortable.

Fenerbahce 5-2 Goztepe
View attachment 27760

We win a shootout with Goztepe as we end a great month on a high. Olmo gave us an early lead scoring into an open goal after Chicharito hit the post. Borges quickly hit back for Goztepe scrambling in a loose ball on the goal line. Chicharito soon had us back ahead heading in a Chumacero cross at the near post. Chicharito then scored from outside the box, in what may be a career first as he was unmarked and his effort wasn't great but beat the goalkeeper. A lucky own goal extended our lead as an Ozan Tufan strike hit Chicharito and then Kadu leaving the keeper no chance. Borges headed in at the back post before Mulder was able to scramble the ball over the line amidst a scrum of people to get his first goal for the club.

Table
View attachment 27759
We sit just top of the table with a one point lead over Gala and a two point lead over Besiktas as the big three of Turkish football pull away from the rest of the league.

View attachment 27758

We sit in second and will face Atletico Madrid at home in the final game. Atletico guaranteed themselves top spot with an 8-1 mauling of Krasnodar so have nothing to play for. Napoli will travel to Russia knowing they have to win. They do hold the head to head so if they win we will have to beat Atletico.

View attachment 27757

Long time goalkeeper and club icon Volkan Demirel announces his retirement. He is offered and accepts a role as a youth goalkeeping coach that will start when he retires.​

December Update

We face our final Champions League group game, although hopefully not our last game in the competition. We also get underway in the Turkish Cup and take on Bursaspor in a rematch of the game we won the title in.

Fenerbahce 9-0 Afyonspor
View attachment 27652
Turns out we are much better than Afyonspor as we hammer them in the first leg. Unal grabbed four Sanabria fired a penalty into orbit before getting a goal that he needed. Oguz Kagan Guctekin a youth prospect also scored his first goal for the club with a powerful low shot.

Kayserispor 0-1 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27648We sneak a tight win over Kayserispor with Chicharito coming up with the only goal, Tetteh found him 8 yards out with a great pass and there was only going to be one outcome as Chicharito buried the ball into the bottom corner.

View attachment 27647

Our win comes at a cost though as Tetteh will miss the rest of the month with an ankle injury. With our big CL game next it isn't ideal timing to lose the man who may be our best player.

Fenerbahce 0-1 Atletico Madrid
View attachment 27646A devastating loss for us as we played really well but a deflected shot off Hasan Ali Kaldirim sees Atletico take all the points and leave our hopes of getting out of the Champions league groups in the hands of Krasnodar who we need to bounce back from an 8-1 loss to Atletico.

View attachment 27645

Krasnodar did us a huge favour and beat Napoli 1-0 to get their first points of the group stage and allow us to stay in second place and get into the knockout round of the Champions League for the second year running as Napoli join Barca in the list of teams we've forced into the Europa League.

Fenerbahce 6-0 Bursaspor
View attachment 27644
Bursaspor were truly awful as we were 3-0 up after 13 minutes and 6 up at the half. A sign of how bad they were was Chumacero scored from two corners from inside the six yard box and he is 5'5 so should never be a threat in the air. Sanbria had us ahead after just 16 seconds as he powered in a perfect header at the back post. Jailson scored with a powerful shot from close range before Chumacero scored the first of his headers. Sanbria grabbed his second goal sweeping home from close range. A bad lunge had Bursaspor down to ten men and Chicharito wasted no time taking advantage smashing in a rebound. Chumacero finished the scoring with another goal as somehow in the six yard box from a corner he had time to take the ball down have a touch and then smash it past the keeper with no one near him, some of the worst defending I've ever seen.

Afyonspor 0(0-12)3 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27643
A pretty irrelevant game but we played well and recorded a 3-0 win to easily send ourselves into the next round of the cup.

Adanaspor 0-1 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27642
Chicharito is the hero as he nets in the 94th minute to give us the win over an Adanaspor team we should have comfortably beaten. He was the right man in the right place to turn in a rebound after a Perez shot was spilled by their keeper, who up until then had been playing really well.

Table
View attachment 27641

We sit four points clear at the top halfway through the season. It looks likely one of the big three will take the title with Goztepe 8 points behind us.

View attachment 27640
We will take on Adanaspor in a tie I would expect us to get through easily enough.

View attachment 27639
Against Spartak Moscow, Valencia or Roma I would have given us a decent chance of getting into the quarter finals but, we get Manchester City for the second knockout round in a row so we have a very tough task.​

January Transfer Window

The main goal of the January window was to strengthen the squad a bit and avoid losing any of our big players as a number of teams were sniffing around some of our players.

View attachment 27499View attachment 27497View attachment 27497

View attachment 27498

Just a couple of the bids I received for Tetteh but he's happy here and so he is not for sale and won't leave despite the repeated bids from Bundesliga sides and a couple in La Liga.

View attachment 27512

Jailson was subject to a couple of bids from teams trying to take him back to Brazil but, as he was happy to stay I decided to turn down the bids.

View attachment 27511

Quanjian made a couple of bids for Reyes and while he seemed slightly interested he was fine with me turning down all the bids, and as he is our best player I have no intention of selling him.

View attachment 27509

Enes Unal requested I terminate his loan due to lack of appearances and I agreed to do so as I had found a better striker to bring in on loan for the second half of the season.

View attachment 27510

Skrtel is the only first team player to leave the club as he was unhappy here and he was getting paid far to much in my opinion. He heads to Bologna for just under half a million. A couple youngsters leave on free and I send some youth prospects out on loan.

Incoming Transfer

Only five players join us in the winter window as I don't really have any money but want to ensure that we have some depth and some young prospects.

Cesar Munder
View attachment 27508
The first Cuban I've ever signed in FM Cesar Munder joins us from Chile to add some depth on the wings. A £1.6 million fee up front with £1.1 million in bonuses was enough for us to get him from Universidad Catolica. He looks pretty good now at a 19 has a lot of time to develop with us.

Cenk Tosun
View attachment 27507
Ex-Besiktas man Cenk Tosun joins us on loan from Everton for the rest of the season to replace Enes Unal. A very good striker and loved by the fans due to his time with the Turkish national team he will only cost us £18k a week which is a very good deal for us.

Dejan Frankovic
View attachment 27506
I signed a second Cuban, this time from Lokomotiva in Croatia. At £80k and £250 a week I feel that he was worth a punt and he had some decent stats that can hopefully allow him to develop into a solid left back who in the worse case I could sell at a profit.

Aykut Pekcan
View attachment 27505
Young Turkish talent is something we need and for just under a million guaranteed we get Pekcan from Genclerbirligli. Only 16 he has already played for the Turkish under 19's. With good passing and a very nice first touch I'm hoping he can develop into a first team option although he will need to put in some work and hopefully the 18 determination helps in that.

Ferit Alper Ataseven
View attachment 27504
The final signing is another young Turkish player as Ataseven joins us from Eskisehirspor for just £100k in what I think is a great deal. Another left back he has some really good physicals and while he doesn't have stand out technical stats he has a lot of pretty good stats and at 16 he has a lot of time to improve. He also has already played 15 times in professional football before getting here.

View attachment 27503

Contract Extensions

A number of players also signed new deals as we look to tie down our best players for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 27502
Gino Peruzzi signs a two year extension and receives a small pay rise. He's been a solid right back so far for us so I'm happy to have him tied down for the next few years, especially with a couple of clubs seeming to consider signing him.

View attachment 27501
Dani Olmo gets a new deal after his good start here as we add a year to how long he will be staying with the club.

View attachment 27500
Harun Tekin has been my number one so he is signed to a new 3.5 year deal that will see him keep his place at number one for a while. Berke Ozer at the club may be his long term replacement but, he is a good option to start for the next few years.​

Last edited:
January Update

As usual it is a quiet start to the new year as we have a Turkish Cup tie against Adanaspor and two league games to ease back into football.

Fenerbahce 1-1 Adanaspor
View attachment 27476
A closer first leg than is ideal and we will have to score away to get into the next round. Tetteh scored a back post header to put us in front and five minutes later Bumba volleyed in when left wide open on the penalty spot.

Adanaspor 1(2-5)4 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27475
We bounce back with a convincing second leg win to get into the next round of the cup in a tighter game than the score suggests. Bumbu got them ahead early, a blocked cross fell kindly to him and he fired in. Chumacero tied the game up with a penalty in the bottom corner and Olmo had us ahead not long after volleying in a rebound. Tetteh got the goal that all but confirmed our progress heading in from a Chicarito cross. He then squared the ball for Tosun to score late on and get a debut goal.

Konyaspor 4-2 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27474
Three players scored braces, including our ex-player Tolga Cigerci, as we fall to defeat against Konyaspor as we get back underway in the league. Tolga headed them ahead before Tetteh smashed a shot in off the post from just inside the box to level the game. Tolga then fired a great low effort just inside the post and Jahovic scored a penalty to give them a two goal lead. Tetteh scored in the 90th minute to give us a chance of a point when a defender slid in to block a low cross and the ball bounced off of him onto the keeper and onto Tetteh and then rolled over the line. Jahovic scored a late goal to confirm the win for Konyaspor though, heading in from a corner.

Fenerbahce 3-0 Oslimanspor
View attachment 27473
We bounce back from our loss with a dominating performance and win over Oslimanspor. Olmo curled in a free kick to give us an early lead. Ozan Tufan headed in from close range and Chicharito scored a penalty in the second half as we picked up the three points.

Table
View attachment 27468

We sit just two points ahead of Besiktas in a tight battle at the top. Galatasaray lost and drew and fall six points off of top spot as a result.

View attachment 27467
We get a chance for some revenge as we will face Konyaspor for a spot in the cup semi finals.​

​February Update

We face a very busy month as we will face Man City in the CL, Konyaspor in the Turkish Cup and four league games in a very busy month that could have big implications at the end of the season.

Sivasspor 1-1 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27267

A disappointing draw for us as we lat Sivasspor come back and claim a point. Chumacero converted a penalty to put us ahead before Colidio fired in from close range. Sivasspor had a 90th minute winner ruled out by V.A.R. so it could have been worse.

Turkish Cup

Fenerbahce 3-1 Konyaspor
View attachment 27266

A good first leg performance from us and our ex-player Tolga who scored twice against us in the league this time got two booking so will miss the second leg. Gunter headed in from a corner to give us an early lead. Early in the second half we scored a quick double Jailson made a great run to turn in a low Chumacero cross at the near post and Chicharito scored an absolute bullet header from an Olmo free kick. A Koray Gunter own goal will give Konyaspor some hope for the second leg.

Fenerbahce 2-1 Yeni Malatyaspor
View attachment 27265A late Cenk Tosun goal saw us come back to claim the win. Sen put us behind early on scoring on the counter with the help of some questionable goalkeeping. Tetteh levelled around the hour bringing the ball down with a great first touch and then firing a low ball past the keeper and just inside the far post. Tosun rose high at the back post and powered in a header to give us all three points.

Fenerbahce 2-4 Man City
View attachment 27264
We face an uphill challenge after City won by 2 and scored 4 away goals to take control of the tie. Milinkovic-Savic put them ahead after 12 minutes beating the keeper from 8 yards out on the counter. Aguero doubled their lead scoring when put in on goal by a great pass. De Bruyne had us three goals down soon after scoring after a deflected Sane cross fell perfectly to him. Chicharito scored to pull a goal back for us, Tetteh squaring the ball to give him a simple finish. Milinkovic-Savic restored the three goal lead peeling away at the back post to head in from a corner. Hasan Ali Kaldirim scored with a powerful drive from a tight angle to make it a bit closer. Milinkovic-Savic then picked up a late red card for a needless foul while already booked.

Rizespor 0-2 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27263We strike twice in the last ten minutes to claim the win over Rizespor. Baris Alici broke the deadlock rising high to head in from an Olmo free kick. Chicharito made the game look more comfortable than it was with a low first time shot into the bottom corner.

Fenerbahce 5-1 Alanyaspor
View attachment 27262
A hat trick by Tetteh helped us comeback from a goal down to win easily. Cisse fired into the roof of the net from close range to put us behind. Tetteh scored soon after to level the game getting above four defenders to head in. Jailson put us ahead as Tetteh passed the ball back to him on the edge of the box and he had time to take a touch and then blast the ball past the keeper. Tetteh grabbed his second with a great header from a looping cross that no one was going to get to before him, he then got his hat trick beating the keeper with a penalty. Tosun grabbed a late fifth turning the ball in after a deflected Tetteh shot fell to him.

Turkish Cup

Konyaspor 2(3-5)2 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27261

We get a draw that is enough to send us into the semi finals of the cup. Tosun turned in a low cross from close range to get us ahead. Tekin came for and failed to get a cross that allowed Demirok to score a simple header and level the game. Aktas turned in a cross from close range before Tosun scored a penalty as we advanced.

Table
View attachment 27260
We sit 8 points ahead of Besiktas although they do have a game in hand which they should win. Galatasaray had an awful month where they didn't win in the league and have almost no chance at the league title now.

View attachment 27259
We get a chance for revenge against Galatasaray as we will face them in the semi finals as they look to defend the title they beat us to last year.

View attachment 27258
We have linked up with Istanbulspor to give us the chance to send some of our young players out on loan if we want to. As they have been a top division side recently they do have some pretty good facilities.​

March Update

We have our second leg against City where a miracle will be needed and then four league games as we look to close in on our second league title in a row.

Man City 3(7-3)1 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27227

Manchester City end our European adventure for the second season in a row as they show their class at the Ethiad. Gundogan put them ahead with a nice curling strike before De Bruyne hit a free kick that took a massive deflection and went in to put City two up. Tekin got incredibly unlucky with the third, he made a great save to block and Aguero shot and Sane smashed the rebound into the bar and the ball bounced off his back and went in. Dani Olmo got us a goal late on, Tetteh flicked on a cross and Olmo fired the ball in at the back post.

Fenerbahce 1-0 Antalyaspor
View attachment 27226Olmo scored a more important late goal this game to get us the win before he got an injury that will see him miss 2-3 weeks. Reyes headed down a corner and Olmo was in the right spot to place volley in and break the deadlock.

Kasimpasa 2-4 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27225
We win a high scoring game against Kasimpasa as we continue our title charge. Boyata got us in front firing in the rebound of his own header after just 5 minutes. Hector levelled the game when he was able to block a goal line clearance and the ball rebounded into the goal. Tetteh headed in when he was inexplicably left unmarked in the box to get us back ahead. Tosun extended our lead with a great first time finish and then grabbed another goal by converting a penalty. Traore got passed his man in the box and then poked in a cross from close range.

Trabzonspor 2-0 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27219An 8th minute red card to Koybasi put us in a terrible position and Trabzonspor took advantage. Irvin Cardona put us behind taking the ball down and turning in the box before firing past Tekin. Sprocati scored late on to kill our chances of a late equaliser scoring a simple finish from a good cut back from Cardona. A poor game from us and Koybasi cost us big time.

Fenerbahce 4-0 Umraniyespor
View attachment 27216Cenk Tosun had a hat trick within 30 minutes as we claimed an easy win over hard to spell Umraniyespor. Tosun had us ahead after just 7 minutes heading in from a good Sanabria cross. Tosun grabbed a second goal heading in an Olmo cross from close range at the back post. He got his hat trick of headers heading in from the penalty spot from a good Alici cross. Cesar Munder grabbed his first goal from the club early in the second half coming in at the back post to score our fourth header of the game.

Table
View attachment 27214
Besiktas had a poor month so we now have a 9 point lead at the top of the table with only seven games left, although we do still have Besiktas, Goztepe and Galatasaray to play.

Youth Intake
View attachment 27213
Not the best youth intake by any stretch of the imagination. Despite all the resources that have been put into the youth academy and the time I've spent trying to get the board to make the upgrades.

View attachment 27211
As he will be club homegrown I may try to make him my long term back up goalkeeper, which isn't what your hoping for from your best youth player​

Last edited:
April Update

Probably a very busy month if you are an Istanbul police officer as we play Galatasaray three times and Besiktas once while they also play each other to make sure the police don't have any free time.

Turkish Cup

Galatasaray 1-0 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27137

Cenk Tosun had a big miss as his penalty that could have gotten us an away goal hit the post. Eren Derdiyok scored with a low strike when in on goal to get the only goal of the game and give Gala and advantage going into the second leg.

View attachment 27136

We will miss Chumacero for a big chunk of the month which is a massive blow for us as he is one of our best players.

Galatasaray 0-2 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27135
It doesn't take us long to get revenge on Galatasaray as we go back to their stadium and come out with a two goal win. Fernando helped us out by getting sent off after 19 minutes for a two footed lunge. Tetteh had us ahead soon after powering the ball past the keeper after Tosun found him in space in the box. Tosun made some amends for his missed penalty by converting this time to get us two ahead just before the half.
View attachment 27132
The win over Gala was my 99th game for Fener and another Istanbul game will be my 100th as we will take on Basaksehir

Fenerbahce 4-0 Basaksehir
View attachment 27131
We put in a dominant performance in my 100th game and hammer Basaksehir. Alici put us ahead after a couple of minutes, we capitalised on an awful pass and got the ball wide to Alici who cut inside and chipped the ball over the keeper and it dropped down past the bar and in. Tosun got us two ahead just before half time heading in just inside the far post. Perez and Munder headed in from free kicks in the second half to extend our lead.

View attachment 27130
Results slightly before we kick off against Besiktas guarantee us a top two finish and mean we will only need a point against Besiktas to claim the title.

Fenerbahce 0-0 Besiktas
View attachment 27129
A dull goalless game sees us claim our second Super League title in a row. Oddly the two players who came closest to scoring was ex-Besiktas man Cenk Tosun for us and Enes Unal who joined Besiktas after leaving us on loan in January.

View attachment 27128View attachment 27127

A good achievement for us and we have been dominant this season and are deserved league winners.

Fenerbahce 2(2-3)2 Galatasaray
View attachment 27126
A result that puts a bit of a damper on our league win as Gala knock us out of the Turkish Cup for the second year running. Borja Valero scored a great free kick to put Gala ahead and give them an away goal. Tetteh scored soon after rising high at the back post to head in from a Munder cross. Derdiyok got Gala back in front with a low strike from inside the box that found the bottom corner. Tetteh grabbed his second ten minutes into the second half heading in a Peruzzi cross from the penalty spot.

Goztepe 0-1 Fenerbahce
View attachment 27125
Goztepe are having a good season but we put in a good performance and claimed the win to end the month. Jailson scored the only goal of the game when the ball came to him open on the edge of the box and absolutely drilled a low shot past the keeper.

Table
View attachment 27124
Besiktas couldn't stop drawing and we took advantage to claim out second league title in a row. None of the three teams fighting for second seem in great form so it will be interesting to see who ends up finishing their.

View attachment 27123

To ward off any interest in Tetteh over the summer I tie him down to a new four year deal. He's been a great player and his ability to get on the end of our crosses makes him a vital asset to our team.​