Ferdinand may fight increased ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 2K
It does to me. Maybe if it was a Celtic player maybe I would not be so harsh but its the blasting the ball at the crowd is unacceptable. Also I vaguely remeber something about him refusing to have a picture taking with fans in Sweeden tho I cant remember exactly what he said or done.
come on. He apologised straight away for kicking the ball in to the crowd it was quite clear he had just forgot himself and booted the ball in frustration. He missed a drug test, it's not like he was found guilty of taking drugs. And you haven't even seen the incident in question ( which was a pathetically girly forearm slap thing) and i'm sure everyone getting on their high horse about it has done just as bad.:S

In summary calling him a disgraceful human being is a joke.<)

Yes but as a professional footballer who is a worldwide known player who has many young children looking up to him, he shouldn't do it, it's not right.

Well said. He lashed out simple as.

What is allegedly have been said to him?

I realise he didnt aim for her but it was still out of order.

im sorry but have any of you actually ever met him. Well i dont think so so you cannot say , oh i know hes not a disgusting human being when you dont really know what hes like, he might be, he might not.

To put it in summary really, I think what Rio did was bad, but I would probably say each of us have done something worse or the same, so he's not a disgrace, because that would mean we all are. He shouldn't of done it, and he probably regrets it, but he shouldn't of appealed, when you've got evidence like that the FA don't let you off. You could say if he was a bit younger, Evans age for example, he might of been naive in the situation and a bit immature, but at that age he's at, it's not acceptable.

thank you. thts the only thing thts annoyed me. calling him disguisting human being, like he is some rapist thug, muderer or Joey Barton

No I have never met him and I hope for his sake(joke) I never do. Granted there are footballers I hate more but I dont think I'm causing any real harm here. Plus I'm in a mood from earlier sum eejit was getting wide with me in tesco lol.

Scott*, so what have liverpool done so bad to you?

How about be liverpool Football club. it is a rivalary between the 2 greatest sides in the history off british. For god sake. lets not get into this argument, it is natural for tht rivalary.

i just think there is a lot of hypocrisy. Regardless of what team he plays for he did wrong. It is shameful to call him a disgraceful human though.

i just think there is a lot of hypocrisy. Regardless of what team he plays for he did wrong. It is shameful to call him a disgraceful human though.

no1 is saying he isnt in the wrong. i am just saying he is not disguisting.

Or more like. i may have been in the wrong, but i was provoked. But as i am not england captain or because i play for utd, you wont give me a fair trial

Aliadiere was harshly sent off last season for something alot less than ferdinand, after being slapped by Mascherano he tapped him back,Mascherano acted like he'd been shot.He got an extra ban for appealing.

That disgraceful human being comment was well over the top haha.

But seriously why on earth would he bother appealing again? He deserved his ban, there is no way around it. He needs to shut up and accept it. Plus this way he has more time on his pride and joy, and that ain't Man Utd.

That disgraceful human being comment was well over the top haha.

But seriously why on earth would he bother appealing again? He deserved his ban, there is no way around it. He needs to shut up and accept it. Plus this way he has more time on his pride and joy, and that ain't Man Utd.
out of interest, what is his pride and joy?:S
To be fair to him he is not appealing the whole ban just the added game for the first appeal being frivolous. Plus it only says he is considering it and it was actually alex ferguson who said that so i think this is a matter which is dealt with mainly by the club without much input by rio.<)

Rio's head has not been in the game enough over the last few months. Despite his injury his form has been poor when he has played and I think this more to do with his off field activities. He's delving into many things at the moment and it conincided with his poor form.

Obviously his injury hasn't helped but maybe all the distractions haven't helped.

The past few months he has been injured:S the last game he played in in the league before he was injured was in october. And i think he did quite well when he came back in especially after being out for so long

Last edited:
Speculation, speculation.. Probably this, probably that.. I agree, that with Rio opening up restaurants, doing all sorts of fashion gigs etc., it could appear his head is somewhere else than on his football, but to go and write him off is just silly.

Back