Fergie - No more needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair play, im expecting ancelotti to do the same.

I trust in Fergie but this time I am a bit worried. I think we need a decent midfielder to replace Scholes in a few years and we need a top class goalkeeper to replace EVS. I suppose SAF has never done us wrong though so I trust in you!

I think you guys do need a goalkeeper as Van Der Sar wont last more than 2 seasons at the most,mayeb Joe Hart??

Also a Midfielder as Carrick has underperformed and Javier Hernandez did shine at the World Cup but lets see how he adapts to the English Game

He's typically feeding dis-information. Expect at least one high profile signing

I think you guys do need a goalkeeper as Van Der Sar wont last more than 2 seasons at the most,mayeb Joe Hart??

Also a Midfielder as Carrick has underperformed and Javier Hernandez did shine at the World Cup but lets see how he adapts to the English Game

1) City are hardly going to sell their 2nd choice keeper, and best propspect for the future, to their biggest rivals. But i agree they need a keeper, they can have Manuel or Lukas if they want! (6)
2) Darron Gibson, Rodrigo Possebon, but i agree, they could do with a midfield replacement for Scholes and Hargreaves (considering he doesn't look like he's realistically going to play again, at least not at this level) who can do a job now.
3) Javier Hernandez is a forward...

1) City are hardly going to sell their 2nd choice keeper, and best propspect for the future, to their biggest rivals. But i agree they need a keeper, they can have Manuel or Lukas if they want! (6)
2) Darron Gibson, Rodrigo Possebon, but i agree, they could do with a midfield replacement for Scholes and Hargreaves (considering he doesn't look like he's realistically going to play again, at least not at this level) who can do a job now.
3) Javier Hernandez is a forward...
Plus Carrick hasn't shone, either

I trust in Fergie but this time I am a bit worried. I think we need a decent midfielder to replace Scholes in a few years and we need a top class goalkeeper to replace EVS. I suppose SAF has never done us wrong though so I trust in you!
exactly, in a few years though, van der sar has one more year him, so does scholes and giggs if looked after. he's backing our youth to come good and for the underperforming players to bounce back (carrick for example). I share your nerves but if any manager deserves faith its SAF.

also re scholes, think hes giving ando one more season to come good.

Watching Scholes in the pre season game makes me feel how on earth are we gonna replace him?? Simple answer Irreplaceable. Wish he was just 25:'(

First of all, Rooney is a good player but to compare him to Pele, the footballing legend and winner of multiple world cups is a bit of a joke. Messi the white Pele maybe, certainly not Rooney. With regards to the United squad, I think we can still compete in the PL because Chelsea have not strengthened much either. However we don't have good enough players in central midfield to win the CL as the likes of Anderson Carrick and Gibson don't belong on the same football pitch as players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc so that is not a realistic target. I think we will come 3rd behind Chelsea and Arsenal, Arsenal have strengthened very well and will be better then many people expect as long as they can keep Fabregas for one more season.

Last edited:
First of all, Rooney is a good player but to compare him to Pele, the footballing legend and winner of multiple world cups is a bit of a joke. Messi the white Pele maybe, certainly not Rooney. With regards to the United squad, I think we can still compete in the PL because Chelsea have not strengthened much either, however we don't have good enough players in central midfield to win the CL so that is not a realistic target. I think we will come 3rd behind Chelsea and Arsenal, Arsenal have strengthened very well and will be better then many people expect as long as they can keep Fabregas for one more season.
no one to compared to pele, its joke you idiot, if you've ever been to old trafford you'd know that. we'll compete in both it was only individual errors than cost us against bayern, one from carrick and one from rafael. and the midfield is good enough. he is backing carrick to bounce back, after last season, considering that season before he was crucial, scholes has looked incredibly sharp in pre season, and looks to be carrying his great form from last season. and fletcher is immense at what we need him to do. weve got as good as chance as any

no one to compared to pele, its joke you idiot, if you've ever been to old trafford you'd know that. we'll compete in both it was only individual errors than cost us against bayern, one from carrick and one from rafael. and the midfield is good enough. he is backing carrick to bounce back, after last season, considering that season before he was crucial, scholes has looked incredibly sharp in pre season, and looks to be carrying his great form from last season. and fletcher is immense at what we need him to do. weve got as good as chance as any

Scholes and Giggs are over 35, no matter how talented they are they simply don't have the legs to compete against Barcelona's midfield. To compete against Barca you need a midfield of players that all run there socks off for 90 minutes and get stuck in, Scholes and Giggs would be knackered by half time. Signings are needed in midfield, pundits managers and former United players all think the same apart from Fergie. Even Harry Redknapp the Tottenham manager says that if United don't imvest in new players that other teams will get closer and the gap will close. United only managed the Carling Cup last season despite being given an easy route to the CL Final and being up against a Chelsea team that were tactically very confused for most of the season.

united wont win anything next season unless fergie buys a world class striker and a winger and a midfielder

Scholes and Giggs are over 35, no matter how talented they are they simply don't have the legs to compete against Barcelona's midfield. To compete against Barca you need a midfield of players that all run there socks off for 90 minutes and get stuck in, Scholes and Giggs would be knackered by half time. Signings are needed in midfield, pundits managers and former United players all think the same apart from Fergie. Even Harry Redknapp the Tottenham manager says that if United don't imvest in new players that other teams will get closer and the gap will close. United only managed the Carling Cup last season despite being given an easy route to the CL Final and being up against a Chelsea team that were tactically very confused for most of the season.

by most of the season you mean the opening 6 weeks. once again you've proved you're an idiot. scholes and giggs havent run around for 3 years, that not how fergie uses them, he uses the likes of park fletcher and anderson to shut down sides with their fitness and strength, giggs and scholes merely find space as playmakers.

the same pundits said united would struggle right before we went and won the league 3 times in a row 2006-2009. superdude, more like superfool. learn how united play before you speak garbage. and like i said individual mistakes cost us against bayern, or are you going to just ignore that because it doesnt support your point? it doesnt to matter if its carrick or someone like de rossi, rafael or maicon, if you make the mistakes they did, you will still concede.

Last edited:
First of all, Rooney is a good player but to compare him to Pele, the footballing legend and winner of multiple world cups is a bit of a joke. Messi the white Pele maybe, certainly not Rooney. With regards to the United squad, I think we can still compete in the PL because Chelsea have not strengthened much either. However we don't have good enough players in central midfield to win the CL as the likes of Anderson Carrick and Gibson don't belong on the same football pitch as players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc so that is not a realistic target. I think we will come 3rd behind Chelsea and Arsenal, Arsenal have strengthened very well and will be better then many people expect as long as they can keep Fabregas for one more season.

Everytime i think i should not quote you, but you idiocy is beyond bounds.

Rooney white Pele is more of Joking chant. If Anderson was playing in any other team and did as well as he did in his first season you would have opened muppetery thread to sign him. As far as CM is concerned, no team is comparable to Barca's Midfield. You might not rate Gibson, i bet if you are following United from say 5 years you were crying loud for Fletcher to be sold, just wait for Gibson to make you eat your words.

Scholes game was never about covering pitch, its all about make himself available for pass and ping 30-40 yard pin point passes. This is his game for past 5 years. If you watch United games you would know this and in the pre season Ginger Prince has showed why he deserves to be in the squad. And as far as Giggs is concerned, Ageless tireless. Go and watch games against city, you will get to know what Giggs and Scholes offers to our team and the same old guys had legs to score winner in the 93rd min in the away tie against city where young city midfielders were so much tired that they didnt bother to track scholes/

If you think 35 year old cannot offer anything go and watch Inter Vs Barca and also Barca Vs Inter, you will find 35 year old covering every inch of the field as good as they come and finally went on to win Champions league.

Rant over.

Last edited:
The squad we had last season was a strong squad finishing 2nd in the league and was unlucky in the champions league. We still have a very good squad and I expect players like Valencia and Nani to build on last seasons performances and become even better. Under performing players of late like Carrick, Anderson and Berbatov I believe will have good seasons this season. Giggs and Scholes will be present as ever and young kids like Welbeck, Obertan, Da Silva twins, Macheda, Cleverly and Diouff will all play there part this season as well. In Fergie we have the one of if not the best manager ever to embrase the beautiful game. He has never let us down in the whole time he has been in charge. If he thinks we are strong enough to compete this season, as fans we have to believe in him.

Saying this, I do believe we have not finished in the transfer market yet. Fergie said there will be no big spending so don't be surprised if we snap up a few young players like Smalling, Hernandez for the furture.

In Ferguson I trust!

I know how you're feeling superdude. Long ago I have the same feeling as you too, doubting Ferguson, his decisions and how his team will be able to do anything in the new season. I have been proven wrong by him so many times that for now, the only thing on my mind is to trust in him.

And it isn't hard to just trust in SAF, is it? He's the best manager in the world FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.