Ferguson reveals McGeady interest

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Celtic's Aiden McGeady could have been playing for Champions League rivals Man Utd, reveals Sir Alex Ferguson.

More...

crapped myself a little seeing this earlier after Naka said he's prob leaving (although its been pretty much set in stone already that Naka would leave in Jan if we didnt stay in CL). Very old news that Man U wanted him, I think we were told Man U had wanted to sign him when he made his debut at 16

pah as if he would ever be good enough for Man U. Most overrated player in Scotland

pah as if he would ever be good enough for Man U. Most overrated player in Scotland

Agreed. Although I wouldn't mind him in our team, he's not good enough for top 4 team imo.

Can hardly call the best player in Scotland the most overrated.

Hes not good enough for top 3, good enouhg for pool and bellow

get out his **** he is a great spl player but when it comes to the big stage he is nowhere to be seen, ohh he can take skin Alan Maybury well done

calm doon

said he was best player in scotland not a worldbeater

Quite like watching McGeady, he has some nice skills. I love the Cruyff turn he does with the added flick.

This is the one I mean. YouTube- McGeady turn

Skills pwn but that foul at back post >>>

thats the skill i'm on about people fuzz about it but come on it's alan maybury not Cafu

That would of destroyed Cafu to be fair, the guys blind nowadays aint he?

Come on Kris, that would leave most defenders with pants around their ankles, it can't be easy to deal with.

Kris, where have you been for the last year or two, hes not a 17 year old with tricks. He scores, assits, defends, hes got it all, however he does lack consistancy.

2007/08 Celtic Scottish Premier League 34 7 19

played-goals-assits

aye he does well in the spl i give him that but when it comes to Ireland and Europe he is nowhere to be seen

Not too sure about him, havent seen any of him, but he must be alright if Alex wants a peice of him, surely he could only get better at utd anyway?

He wanted him when he was a kid Trav

well fifa have named it the mcgeady turn in fifa 09, so he must be doing something right