Ferguson wanted for GB 2012 role

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson is the favoured choice to coach a British football team at the 2012 Olympics, says Sports Minister Gerry Sutcliffe.

More...

Really? I didn't realise :bigeyes:

Well I suppose that tosspot Redknapp was sniffign round so this sorta confirms if we have a team SAF will be the man

Who knows if he will want to, what if he has retired

Isnt that the point kris? Hardly that difficult its only 2-3 weeks work.

I love how whenever Olympics is mentioned Scotland completly **** on the bonfire.

Although Cathy'friend of the neds'Jamieson did have a decent idea, we should have a playoff comp between the home nation and the winner gets the represent us in the Olympics

Although Cathy'friend of the neds'Jamieson did have a decent idea, we should have a playoff comp between the home nation and the winner gets the represent us in the Olympics

Or Scotland can stop being rubbish and train some decent youngsters in the next 4 years.

Come on now, can't say much for our youngsters to be honest.

Our youngsters are doing well atm as well, on the verge of qualifying for the u21 euro champs.

Look in the past few years what our youngsters have done, couple have moved to the EPL for 9m

Alan Hutton and Craig Gordon.

Southgate for manager !

Last edited:
Yea and Liverpool might have finished within 10 points of the top placed team in that time.

Southgate seems to be getting a nice team together playing decent football to be fair to him.

I don't think he'll do it at all tbh, he's already said he probably wouldn't.

Can't believe theres some idiots wanting Beckham as manager...