Ferguson wants new Scholes deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 915

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manager Alex Ferguson urges a rejuvenated Paul Scholes to forget thoughts of retiring by signing a new deal at Manchester United.

More...

WTF he won't last another season (A)

Ahh pure quality that, stroked into the corner with precision ;)

Tbh as a squad player he could go for another season. If we've got home games against the likes of Pompey, Burnley, Hull etc he can still dictate the play better than anyone. And he's done well this season, though I imagine he'll play less next year if he signs on. Which I'm not sure he will tbh-if Scholes wants to retire, not even Fergie could persuade him otherwise

If he keeps his fitness up and plays like the true proffesional he has all the years he has played in the top flight then why not?

He has always kept his private life out of the headlines and is the ultimate professional. He is the sort of players kids should be looking to idolise.

If Pavel Nedved and Zizou Zidane say he's the best player they've ever played against then he could stroke a ball about in his time. Obviously he'll be a squad player next year but...

"Calsberg don't do squad players... but if they did, they'd probably be the best squad players in the world"

Scholsey has definately got another season in him. Love live the Ginger Ninja

archie can easily keep going as a squad player. hes not been as outstanding as giggsy, but another season or 2 showing darren gibson the ropes can only be good for united

Still got atleast 2 more years in him XD possibly even more;)

Age never stopped Maldini ;)
WHOA! Don't you even dare try comparing the greatest fullback of all time with Paul ******* Scholes.

Not that Scholes is a bad player, he has been a very useful player for United, but... Let's say "age never stopped Sheringham", the c**t that he was.

WHOA! Don't you even dare try comparing the greatest fullback of all time with Paul ******* Scholes.

Not that Scholes is a bad player, he has been a very useful player for United, but... Let's say "age never stopped Sheringham", the c**t that he was.

Me thinks he's comparing the fact that both are 'footballers' in the true sense of the word. Neither needed blistering pace or arnie schwarzenegger-type biceps to succeed (eg, Walcott or Micah Richards)

True, but one is a very good player, the other is by far the most prolific fullback of all time.

You can name 50 or so central midfielders that you could argue were better than Scholes. No one even comes close to the genius that was Maldini. I shed a tear when he finally retired, that's how awesome he was.

maldini is one of the few footballers who truly deserves the over-used label of 'legend'

Back