Fernando Hierro's Vision

Chrono

Reaction score
Managing a big club is not a challenge when you keep buying star players alike. The challenge will be developing your own youth players into stars. I play 4-4-2, Wide, With Wingers, Free Role D. Parejo at CM Midfield, De La Red as CM defensife, Raul and Varela (Developed) at starting Line-Up third Season. Here is my Team and Subs.

GK: Casillas, Codina
DF: Pepe, Cannavaro, Ramos, Heinze, M. Torres, Drenthe, Metzelder, Salgado, (Sold Marcelo)
MF: Gago, De La Red, Parejo, Guti, Van der Vaart (Transfer List), Snijder, Robben, Javi Garcia. (Diarra Sold)
Forward: Raul, Nistelrooy, Varela, Saviola

First Season:

Won Primera Division, Spanish Cup, lost semi-finals Champions Leage vs Arsenal (8-1 Aggregate)

Second:

Won Primera Division (1 Point difference vs Barcelona), Lost Final Spanish Cup vs Barca 7-0), Ended 3th Group Stage CL, lost vs Schalke Uefa Second Round (1-0 Aggr)

Third Season:

Cannavaro is still my best Defender, but refuses to renew contract duo retirerment end season, alike Guti, who is sub, like Van der Vaart, Parejo bosses midfield. Varela, 17, from R. Madrid Youth System, scored already 23 goals in 17 app, made national team first cap. Never look at stats, just give youth a chance, dont be hard, if rating is 6 or higher, let him play and sub at 60 min, when the match really starts. At the moment I am training youth to find suitable replacements for Guti, Cannavaro, Nistelrooj, Raul. I manage myself under 19s R. Madrid. At the moment i stand at position 4 in La Liga, Barcelona 14 points front (1st), after 18 Games. Won Group Stage CL (Beated B. Munchen twice alike 4-1 and 4-2). Second Round Chelsea, won home 4-1, away 3-3 (First Half I was in front with 3-0, Second half Drogba on Rampage, Cannavaro injured. Van de Vaart was a good player first season, than he started and ended bad second season, and is now a really bad performer which doesn't fit into my system. He's going to Man. U. end of season for 8 Millions. My Squad doesnt have many players, I rotate and have always players from yout with me, good performers u19, and give them a chance always.

A topic on managing Real Madrid doesn't really belong in the Low League Managers forum...

honestly when I manage real madrid it does, four seasons, one cup and never made it past first round in CL...

you start off with one of the best training facilities in the world, a massive fan base, champions league seeding and you think thats LLM? can i have some of what your on?

and ur development cant be all that if ur 14pts behind barca after 18 games..

I finished third season. My methods are paying off. I ended second in La Liga. Lost Final Spanish Cup vs Barca. But my youngster Varela was on rampage vs Arsenal in CL Final, which I won 2-3. Varela worth 27 million. The best regen ever. In 37 app he scored 31 goals. But no awards, except Topscorer.

Fourth Season:

First time I bought a player, very good and for free. Patrick Vieira, 35, is a very good addition for my Team. I also snatched up Bojan for 6.5 million from Schalke, very odd, he was listed, and I thought he was still Barca. Bojan replacement for Nistelrooj and Raul, as there fitness is very low, and cant perform every match. Cannavaro resign a contract, still my best defender. Excelent players came from youth, I call it the Golden generation, my assisant refers many as good recomandation. And after 15 games in La Liga, stats are still growing fast, and tutoring is a very good feature. I am dominating La Liga, Vieira controls the midfield, Varela isnt scoring goals anymore, but he's giving lots of assist to Bojan. Sneijder behind the forwards, as playmaker, a very awful player. I sold Van der Vaart, and he also is transfer listed. Parejo, same training schedule which I made, and works excellent, is performing average 6.8. Guti is also a good player, but his performance is not consistent. I am 11 point above Barca, won Club World Championship, and in CL through to the next round by winning all matsches in Group Stage.

Tip: Give all yout players a one year full time contract, so they can train with senior members of your squad. It makes them develop quicker. At the end of the season, you can decide whether to extend or to release.

What I won after three seasons of attacking football:

2 La Liga's
1 Spanish Cup
1 CL

International:

With France Qualified for Euro 2012, as second placed. Ben Arfa's technique to pass a ball from flank to flank is lovely to see, what a style, definetily better than Ribery. I love to see Ben Arfa's dribbling moves, it's classic. Will he be the new Zidane over few years? Who can give me answer.

Gr. Chrono

The answer to the last question: I doubt it.

Although I do not watch much French football I have seen him on occassion and though he does show signs of good footballing ability I do not think he shows signs that suggest he will be THAT good, Zidane was fantastic all-round and I'm not convinced that Ben Arfa is. Besides, Ben Arfa couldn't headbutt someone in the chest.

True, but there are not many players who passes the ball from one flank to the another, even so, not as good as he does. He is an artist. I am fully scouting (4 Scouts) France for youngsters which touted the next Zidane... There are so many! All not good as him, and never will be. Also for Spain I have 4 scouts. Never bought a youngster high skilled, but I will if age is 18 or below, and if high rated. All 4 of my scouts must rate him as quality, otherwise no buying. I have 10 scouts total. Of the 2, one scouts nex opposition, the other scouts the youngers I send on loan, who came out of yout academy, and not yet improved as he should (Age 19/20/21). No youngers will be send loan if not decent or higher rated by manager. They will be sended to Castilla.

Varela is regen, from Real Madrid Youth Academay. Amazing speed and accelaration, high finishing, air force heading and intelligent off ball moves. Deadly striker, a la Morientes at young age. Coming from the bench, scoring the winning goal, etc. But not a dribbler, he is 18, and he still can learn a lot. I will post here screenshot when I get home after work. Btw. I have my own training schedules. I always frame the edge within medium set-up, never light, never high. All round workload on the edge batween medium and high. Young players, if gifted, develop very, very fast. Some develop at later stage. When a player reaches 22 (Loaning out 19/20/21 Age), and is not worthy a first team player or sub, send him to Castilla. A player who is not good at age 22, will never improve to be a real good addition for your team. Remember to have a afflicated club within your Club's nation when loaning out, some about preventing a younger adjusting of lifestyle etc.

Here is the youngster I talked about, who I gave special training in all areas, month by month changing, position, moves and tutored by Raúl. I here present you Varela... Oh I love this game. I also posted my tactic "Valencia 1997-1999", but that isn't the key of my succes. Training, with special attention to youth, you can win awards.

He won't be on your game. He's a regen.

It's very weird, he is declining a bit, now he is training with the seniors. It appears he is very sensitive to team talk feedback. One season ago, he was on the pitch like a crazy man, scoring like it was his nickname, at age 17. Now, he still scores, sure, but isn't running anymore like he used to. I have two other regens, appeared starting at my third season, and now, middle fourth season, they appeared to be technically gifted, age 16, a DL and a MC. There physics and mentality however isn't increasing. Better fact, it's declining, like one down, to go up technique. What I am trying to say, working with special training schedules has also its downside. Players don't blink with each other. A new method is to set them one week a month to train them together, except the GK, on a general schedule which is focused mainly to physics (Aerobic and Strength) and mentality (Tactical and Set Pieces). Result: The fighting spirit of my team seems to come back, and they are re-liking the style I want them to play (Valencia 1997-1999). Conclusion: It doesn't matter what your tactic is, if you dunno, use defaults one. The most important is you giving good training to your players and there spirit to win matches. The key of my succes.

am playing madrid for ages now and ive just loaned like 4 or 5 potential four and five starts, and I finally made it: unbeaten in 55 games in a run, just lost two in the whole season, against barça in final of the cup with messi on a rampage and eto'o scoring at the 117 and against inter in CL finals... even unbeaten, i still managed to finish one point behind barça because of too many silly draws but I am imporbving!!!! I WILL MAKE IT!!!!!! what about alipio he's out on loan he's worth keeping?

Alipio scored a lot the first time I loaned him out, to Hercules (Second Season). I tested him the pre-third season in friendly games, but he failed to impress me and my assistant. He went on loan to Alaves. In my fourth I use him as a sub, his stats improved towards a backup player, and he is young. He impresses me 1 time after playing 5 games, having lots of oppurtunities, and always failing to score. But he is progressing. I plan to loan him out to a French Club at januari window, hopefully Paris SG are still interested. My patient is running, but I have good hope for him.

Wherever you go, there you are ^^

I am still in challenge in all competitions. And look, with my secret training schedule, excellent youth development, with the squad subscriped above, tactic already posted "Valencia 1997-1999", I own FM. lol :D

In my fourth season, I won all titles available with R. Madrid. Ate the end of that season, the Board bought upt to seven players to strenghten my squad. I didn't want that, as I had a squad of 19 players and selected three players from my youth to promote to first team. I didnt knew what to do with the new players, it was out of my control, so I resigned as R. Madrid Coach.

With France I lost in the finals 2012 vs Italy, and reaching the final was for me a great achievment. I was lucky, but Italy were much better than my France, they won 1-0. As I didn't see potontial to make France better, I there also resigned.

I was now completely unemployed. Not for long, as I went to Ligue II to manage Havre Athletic Club (Start of season five). Transfer Budget: 256k, Wage: 79k. I tried to loan a few of my youngsters from R. Madrid, but the new R. Madrid manager refused. And with no good staff available, I didn't see any potential. Will Havre promote to Ligue I? Maybe, after four matches, and with a first team squad having 17 players, youth squad having 22 players, there is a future. I won 1, lost 2, and drew 1. Not the first year, I won't promote. Second year I will surely.

My first press conference: A journalist asked me why I came to Havre, while big clubs were dying to have me, wouldn't that be a huge step backwards? Didn't answer, very funny though. Normally I let my assisant do the press conference, but at Havre I have non. I believe it's better not to have an assistant, than having a bad one. My staff is 2 coaches (both five stars), and a fitness coach (four stars).

From the 22 youth players at Havre, I see there are 4 players that could be a quality, and 7 that could reach first team.

Wish me luck ;)

I managed Havre Athletic 33 days. When my players started to improve, offers came from other clubs, and the chairman accepted all, cause of high offer and negative balance, which I started to improve btw by arranging friendlies for reserve team. But the lost a few decent players, and with no option to buy at all, my believe in the club was lost. I resigned.

Half year later, still in my fifth season, december, Everton offered me a job, next to AS Roma. I analyzed both squads, and believed Everton had more quality than AS Roma. My training made an immidiately impact. With Round as assistant, and Figo as first team coach, I already played 3 matches. First against Fullham, Cup, I came back from 2-0 behind, scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. Lost on penalties. Than I went to Manchester, to play against City. Robinho is really a good player, he rampaged my defence, with three beatiful dribbles and finishing the score was before the second half 3-0. During half time I made a few changes in "Opposition instructions", and started the second half. Robinho was fading, and also the threat of City. I created like 14 chances, only managed to score 1. Man City 3-1 Everton. After few days, Uefa against Stau Bucharest, away. I was lucky I won 0-1.

Everton is a great Club, but they stand in relegation zone at the moment. My job, for the second half of the season, is to manage them out of relegation zone. I see no need to buy players, as the youth players are quality for the future, and have a good squad for first eleven. Arteta and Vaughan are my best players. My profile description btw says I am a legendary manager, with many who are praising me of how proud Everton is of having me, lol. Love the game.