timmsy123

Reaction score
Alright guys, just wondering if any of you can help me out.. basically I signed Fernando Llorente for £20million for City, and he's played absolutely toss and I don't know where I've gone wrong with him. Play him as a front two of him as a Target Man - Support, and then a Poacher - Attack playing off of him.

View attachment 122822

Cheers in advance,
Timmsy123

Give him a season to settle?

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Whats your formation btw?

I would do Target man attack with tevez supporting in a deep lying forward or complete forward with support and get the crosses into his near post.

With wingers? Are they cutting inside or are they trying to get a cross in?

What do you reckon, is the problem that he's not getting any crosses/passes, or does he miss the chances he get?

Yeah with wingers, one crosses one cuts inside.

With Lorente you need to be using the wings and putting the crosses in the box because obviously his best assests aren't used with the ball on the floor all the time. Another way is on corner to set the supply to back post and then set him to stand back post. Also set free kicks to aim for best header.

Set one of your wingers to cross often and the other to cut inside. On the side you have your winger cutting inside, your full back should be hugging the touchline. If hes attacking he will support the winger and overlap.

Well Mally pretty much summed up what I was getting at..

Just implemented all them changes, we'll see what happens!

instead of making another post i thought i would use this i have just signed him for liverpool so going to play him along side torres what roles do you suggest for them both ? thanks in advance

it says llorente has played 7(16)... try starting him more often.

Same thing with me really when I signed him for Barca. First month or so he couldnt hit a barn door with a machine gun, but around December he started scoring for fun.