Feyenoord - From financial ruin to Dutch dominance!

TamMcCann

Reaction score
Koeman%20Feyenoord1_0.jpg

Koeman Quits!

Today Ronald Koeman quit as Feyenoord manager after rows with chairman **** van Well got to the stage where they could not work together anymore. Feyenoord have has recent financial problems and it's believed Koeman isn't prepared to live on a tight budget which has been given to him despite Feyenoord having such great prospects at the Club already.

Chairman **** van Well commented earlier by saying " Ronald and I just could not agree with the vision of the future of the Club there for he decided it's best he leaves, I'm 100% committed to bringing success back to Feyenoord but within our means! The club has had problems in the past and are recovering well. I do not want it to happen again. I will take my time to appoint the right man who shares my vision for this club".

There is a lot of speculation on who will land the Feyenoord job :

giovanni-van-bronckhorst1_display_image.jpg

Giovanni van Bronckhorst 3/1

Gio is currently the Feyenoord assistant manager and is a firm favourite for the job in most fans eyes, he hasn't got the experience as such as others but has the passion for the Club which makes him the favourite for the job.

cruyff.jpg

Johan Cruyff 5/1

The Dutch legend is up there with the favourites for the job, unlike GVB he has managed top teams such as Barcelona and fierce rivals Ajax, he did spend a year will Feyenoord before quitting the game so maybe the fans wouldn't mind his appointment too much despite his Ajax past...

images

Mark van Bommel 9/1

Recently retired Mark van Bommel is an outsider for the job but the Dutch favourite may well be a dark horse for the Job, he knows dutch Football inside out and could prove to be a shrewd appointment.

images

Felix Magath 13/1

German manager Felix Magath's name has been touted for the Feyenoord job although it does seem unlikely, he has had his fair amount of jobs in Germany with the big guns but surely he wont get the Feyenoord job will he?!

media_xl_947752.jpg

Dick van Well - "This appointment will rock Dutch Football"!

Feyenoord chairman **** van Well has today announced that he is near to appointing the his new man to spearhead Feyenoord this season and swears it will rock Dutch Football but is pleading to the fans it will be the right decision. van Well said " I'm so very close to bringing this saga to an end and it will rock Dutch Football but I know I will not regret this appointment, the man is question is very keen to come here and will give 100% to the cause and I believe he will go on and bring years of success to this great club and bring trophies that the fans deserve".

This recent interview has got Football phone in lines going crazy along with internet forums, just who is this mystery man that will supposdly " rock dutch football"!?

mysteryman.png

Never knew or a wouldnt have started one, if it bothers you I'll go someone else...

berg-crop.jpg

Ajax Legend Bergkamp takes over at Rivals Feyernoord

There was a shock tonight among Feyenoord and Ajax fans after Dennis Bergkamp left Ajax coaching staff to become the new manager at arch rivals Feyenoord. It seemed Fyenoord fans wanted Giovanni van Bronckhorst to lead there team and are now angry a former Ajax man has been put in charge. Some fans have made there feelings clear already with protests outside the stadium having already begun. There has been no comments as yet from either Bergkamp or **** van Well but it's sure to be a tense night for fans in the hope that there questions will be answered in the morning. One fan said " We don't want this man in charge of our great club, get out now!" Another said " Our chairman has disgraced the club by this appointment and should pack his bags along with Dennis Bergkamp, we do not want any of this poison at our club!"

feyenoord_1343751a.jpg

Fans venting there fury at Bergkamps appointment.