FIFA 12 career mode thread

johnbundock

Reaction score
The place to talk about anything to do with career mode whether it be bargain players, wonderkids that have massively improved, what team to be, who to buy or where to find the best players in scouting.
Post EVERYTHING here !

I'll get it started as I'm really enjoying career mode this year. Started as PSG (world class), and built a 4-2-3-1 around Javier Pastore. I quickly moved to improve the full-back areas, signing Van Der Wiel from Ajax and Cristian Ansaldi from Rubin. I then quickly moved to hire some scouts to get around Europe and try and find some gems, for the long term. I made a couple of deadline day signings, just youngsters, Cedric Mabwati from Numancia and Andy Najar from DC United, quick wide players, who can hopefully move into the first team in a few seasons.

Took me a while to get into my stride but I finished with a Ligue 1 win, 7 points clear of Marseille. I drew 5, lost 5 and won the remaining 28. However I crashed out of both trophies in the first round, by Marseille and Montpellier. The draw was certainly unkind to me!

Moving into the 2nd season and the board are much more expectant, wanting me to win the league, a cup and to get to the semi-final of the champions league! They gave me 35 million to spend and some extra wage budget. I decided to replace the aging Diego Lugano, moving him on to Bayer Leverkusen. I signed Davide Astori as his replacement to play alongside Sakho. In this window I generally moved towards getting rid of the deadwood, and signing some talented youngsters. I signed Dennis Appiah, Kevin Theophile-Catherine, Serge Aurier, Luc Castaignos (loan) and gave a couple of youth players long term contracts. On deadline day I decided to splash the cash on young Casemiro from Sao Paulo, in an 18.5 million deal! He will replace the aging Bodmer, soon enough.

The season has started very well, despite losing the Trophee Champ (Charity shield) 2-1 to Marseille, we've stormed to the top of the league with 5 wins and a draw (against Lille). We currently sit top, a point ahead of Bordeaux. Next up, our first champions league game agsint Rubin Kazan!

Started a game with my flatmate. We chose Napoli and signed the following players: Diaby, Fellaini, Hoillet, Djalo, Bruno Alves.

Playing on World Class, we got absolutely destroyed the first few games xD (could be because their default 3-4-3 is just too hard to defend with) Now we know how eachother play (& changed to 4-3-3) we're climbing up the table. The board wanted us to win the league oO) but we're 8th atm lolol

Started a Chelsea save on the release day and first season I signed Thiago, Iker Munian, Adam Johnson and Phillip Lahm. Won the league on the final day only by I think it was 2 points. Lukaku was a beast scoring about 25 goals in just about21 appearances. Fernando Torres was my top scorer with about 28. I also won the carling cup but lost to Liverpool in the semi finals of the fa cup. Frst season I let Didier Drogba go as Lazio offered 21 million and I wanted to give Lukaku more chances in the team. I also sold Alex, Paulo Ferreira, Florent Malouda and Hilario. Oh yeah also Cech got sold by the chairman for some reason in january so I signed Akineev.

Second season I let Anelka and Kalou leave as the would not Play much. I also let Turnbull leave as Courtois returned from his loan spell at AtleticoMadrid. I sold Phillip Lahm as AC Milan bided 35 million and signed Sergio Ramos to replace him. I also signed Ross Barkley and Matt Hummels. On deadline day Rooney requested a transfer so I signed him for around 50 mil I think?

I have now had to start a new career as this one messed up as when I tried to play my first game in the second season only my back four where on the pitch and then after a while it would freeze :(.

Not played career mode on fifa for years, find it so boring these days.
Thinking of starting one this year for a change, not sure who to go yet.

I started a save with Anzhi, trying to make them a force in Europe using mostly Finnish players. In the first season I bought Tim Sparv, Niklas Moisander, Joona Toivio, Mehmet Hetemaj, Aly Cissokho, Jonas Portin and Andreas Beck if I recall correctly. Moisander was first-choice CB, Toivio was a backup CB, Sparv was battling out the DM spot with Jucilei, Ahmedov and sometimes Roberto Carlos. Cissokho and Beck took over the full back positions. I sent Portin out on loan and tried to put Hetemaj on loan, but nobody wanted him so I played him in a few matches. I sent out scouts to Russia, Finland and Sweden and they found pretty good youngsters. Gabulov came back from CSKA Moskva in January, so I put him in goal instead of Revishvili. We came second in the league, losing by a point to Zenit, but won the cup.

Next summer I bought Mehmet's big brother Perparim Hetemaj, Roman Eremenko, Jan Vertonghen, Roope Riski, Teemu Pukki and Carl Jenkinson for a combined £44m. I'm now in September 2012, just lost my first CL game to Bayern. Hoping we'll win the title this season.

Currently using a 4-3-3 like this

Dzsudzsák 84----------Eto'o 88----------Boussoufa 84
------------------------------------------------------
------P. Hetemaj 79---Sparv 73---R. Eremenko 80------
------------------------------------------------------
Cissokho 78---Moisander 73---Vertonghen 84---Beck 77
----------------------Gabulov 77----------------------

Zhirkov and Carcela are covering the wings, Pukki comes in for Eto'o when he's tired, he even scored on the 13th minute of his league debut. Jucilei and Ahmedov rotate with the others in midfield. Jenkinson can cover on each side at full back and Toivio will cover for the centre backs. Revishivili's almost as good as Gabulov, but I've got an awesome Russian GK in the academy and he'll probably take over the spot in a few seasons.

Eto'o scored 16 goals in the league, Dzsudzsák also scored 12. He and Boussoufa are pretty awesome on the wings. Perparim Hetemaj's a nice little player, very good physically, has a good shot and can pick out a pass. Roman Eremenko's even better in the passing section though. Moisander is the weakest link probably in the team at the moment, but I'd kind of want to see him develop. He's 26 though, I guess I'll have to find a good Danish/Norwegian/Swedish/Russian ball-playing CB.

Started with Wigan on World Class, quickly foudn that without a HD television, it's basically impossible to win on this difficulty, too hard to see XD. Anyway, I brought in Michael Owen in the first transfer window (Cracking form, scored 6 in the last 6) and also bought Rodnei (Caldwell got injured in my first friendly and was out for 6 months). Lowered the difficulty to Professional and managed to beat Chelsea, draw against United and City, then lose against Sunderland :\. Weird game.

Anwyay, sitting 14th with 20 games played, just need to get this season out of the way, had a bumpy start. McCarthy is a fast riser though, starts at 75 but by the january window, he had grown to 78, turned down a £20m offer for him because he's my best player and obviously has a lot more to raise.

People actually play career mode O.O? I thought i was the only one..

So I'm assuming players ACTUALLy improve without simulating now!

Career mode here I come. :D

I'm playing on world class as Napoli. In my 3rd season, won the league twice, but no cups. Lavezzi makes a lot of improvement first season. Went up 4 points and has 99 acceleration. Got some good bargains in Guardado, Annan and Diarra too.

Not the first time I'm saying this, but Jonas Gutierrez is so annoyingly good on this game and I have no idea why. 3rd season now and he's 2nd in the top scorers chart with 11 goals in 16 games. Scored 20+ the other two seasons. It's ridiculous.

So I'm assuming players ACTUALLy improve without simulating now!

Career mode here I come. :D

To the extent that there were about 110 players with overall over 70 in the Championship when I checked in January 2013. Same with Sweden, Ireland and the likes. Good players don't move away from their clubs. And most have 99 pace and acceleration or something like that.

If anyone's stuck for a team I suggest Roma, it's really nice to see the young players develop there and then can you gradually replace dead wood
I'm in my second season signed muller howedes Verratti (absolute beast gone up 5 in one season) belluschi, Sergio oliviera, Coates

Loving my united career struggled on world class first season come second, then in the next season i am top in jan sold vidic for 63mil. Out of that i bought pique and hummels, then evra got sold by board for 6MIL signed marcelo as a replacement, then Career mode Wont ******* work freezes every time i load it. GUTTED.

Started United career and signed only one player Jack Wilshere for 39MIL absolute beast! Then thought about giving a chance to young boys so loaned out pogba and will keane. Thought about putting ravel morrison on bench and he has scored 5 goals in 4 games coming from bench brilliant! Rooney got injured for 3 months in a game against city after scoring! Absolutely loving the new additions to the career mode and players do develop!

I'm entering my second season with Arsenal, having won the treble in the first season, admittedly on low difficulty as I was reintroduced to playing FIFA after many years. Now that I feel more comfortable, though, I'm turning up the difficulty this season. My transfers so far:

2011-2012
IN: Gregory van der Wiel
OUT: Manuel Almunia, Sebastien Squillaci, Tomas Rosicky

2012-2013
IN: Mats Hummels, Alberto Paloschi, Nicolai Boilesen, Lucas Piazon, Fernando
OUT: Abou Diaby, Johan Djourou, Nicklas Bendtner

I've been waiting for the price to go down on Hazard, so hopefully in the 2013 summer window he'll be more reasonably priced (and a perfect replacement for the then-exiting Arshavin).

The match engine is fluid and precise, the new player collision system is amazing, and the youth system is a fun and simple alternative to FM's in-depth detail. I wish the menus were a little more easily navigable, and I have some frustrations with the new defending system, but still, I've really enjoyed career mode.

Last edited:
Lucas Piazon is amazing btw
Got him on loan and he scored 4 on his debut (playing on world class)
Does anyone else think the youth system may be a little better than Fm ? I mean by signing them up earlier etc ?

Started a Wigan career mode as they seem like a fun side to be. So far I have signed Michael Owen and Josh McEachran who is on loan.

Edit: just signed Romelu Lukaku on a short loan deal <3 and Lucas Piazon on a loan deal as people are speaking highly about him on this thread. Both should provide with extra fire power :D

Last edited:
Will most likely start a Aston Villa and try and sign Deco, Adriano and have a look for some other good cheap players :)

Probably the most annoying thing so far on career mode (besides the unrealistic transfers) is that some Chelsea players (Lalkovic, Kalas, Davila, and maybe another but not on Chelsea save atm, so can't remember) aren't 'out on loan' so you have to buy them, but I can't at the start of the window because they've just transferred, and it wastes my budget too. And why do EA have Lucas Piazon as left footed?! :mad:

I am having a lot of fun with career mode so far though. Especially in my Nice save, which is challenging, but very enjoyable.

My team is usually this, but I like to rotate quite a bit, so it can vary...

John Smith (77) - He's a beast - signed him because I fell out with Ospina (tried to sell him to free up wages and transfer budget and he sulked) and don't regret it because he's played very well and is barely on any wages.

Clerc (74) - Has been very consistent, but not one of my stand-out players.
Pulido (70) - On loan from Atletico Madrid - Been quality, and I will definitely want to buy him when his loan ends if I have the money available.
Pejcinovic (74+1) - Been a rock at the back.
Monzon (70) - Same as Clerc really.

Flamini (77+1) - Very happy with this buy - he's been very consistent; constantly up and down the pitch.
Abriel (73) - He's been inconsistent really - sometimes he's put in amazing performances, and other times terrible. I continue to use him though because he adds better passing, control and composure to my team, which is the way I like to play - ideally I would have liked to get somebody else who could do that, but there were no feasible options.

Mounier (78) - Been great in most games, but it's just frustrating that he needs to be rested so much because he's constantly low on energy. He has 65 stamina which isn't the best, but it's not that bad, usually, not in Mounier's case though it seems.
Jorge Henrique (75) - Not been anything special, but he doesn't half put in a shift - his physical stats are; 90 acceleration, 86 sprint speed, 75 agility, 84 balance, 93 jumping, 90 stamina, 66 strength, and 77 reactions, and that's with high defending work rate and high attacking work rate. He's great if you're trying to retrieve the ball from the computer, which is quite difficult this year.
Guardado (78+1) - He's been amazing - definitely my best player so far, worth a purchase for nearly any team imo.

Pentecote (72) - He's been quite good; doing a lot for the team, but I need him to start scoring goals; he only has 1 in 10 league games, which just isn't good enough for a striker. I was close to signing Henry, which would have reduced the burden on him , but I didn't quite have enough wage budget left. I am glad that I didn't get him though because I can see Pentecote getting goals given time, and if I had got Henry I'd have about 2 reserves atm, but I have about 6 now, and all were upgrades on current players.

Other players that are doing well, but aren't in the team are Fae (73) and Digard (71) the reason being is as I said earlier that I want more of a playmaker partnering Flamini, they do get their fare share of games though.

Juanmi (70) is also just missing out, but he has been too hit-and-miss to warrant a starting place, but he's only 18 so there's no rush. I signed him to be one of my two backup strikers as he was transfer listed by Malaga. Hopefully I can develop him and then I won't need to buy a new striker.

I'm currently 7th in the table on 19 points, and Marseille are leading the way in 1st with 30. The aim is to be in the top 5 at the end of the season, which is looking possible atm. My top scorers are Pulido, Mounier, and Guie Guie on 2, which is very disappointing, and I have 11 players on 1 goal. Quardado is leading the way with assists with 4 to his name, and Mounier, Palun and Pentecote all have 2 each. My best result was 5-0 against AC Ajaccio, and my worst was 3-0 against Bordeaux; partly being because they scored 3, and partly being because they overtook me in the league table. My most entertaining game was probably 3-3 against PSG.

Decided to start as Swindon in League 2 and try and take them as far as i can. They have some good players like Ritchie, Clarke, Esajas etc... So i feel it will be a fun save :) Will post transfers soon :)