Fifa 12 - Tournament idea thread

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Hi,

As we all know, many.. ok.. most tournaments on here fail, due to inactivity, or people not updating it etc. etc. I for one have been subject to, and have created on my own, tournaments that have gone the way of the *******.

Now, what I am proposing here, is that we get some ideas down before Fifa 12 comes out, so we can decide what the most popular tournaments are. What I also want input in are rules/time-restraints/amount of players etc.

I have had some ideas, some are my own, some are other peoples that would be good to implement into Fifa 12, although obviously if the person want's to run it, they will be allowed.

Standard 16 person knock out tourney
Standard 16 person 4 groups of 4 then knock out tourney
Standard 16 person knock out tourney - International sides
Standard 32 person knock out tourney
Fifa League - 10-12 players playing 2 games a week untill league is complete. Could include more players/divide into more leagues.
Fifa Ladder - Failed to **** last time
Draft game - Ronans thread from Fifa 11 if you don't know what it is.
Ultimate team tourney

Ok, so those are some ideas. I was hoping to do a big 16/32 person tournament with a prize at the end, on both Xbox and PS3. Although, I won't regularly be holding Fifa 12 tourneys on the PS3, due to not having one any more, although I am sure someone can take it upon themselves to sort some out.

Any ideas/input would be great. I won't look to start them untill 2 weeks after release date, to let people get used to the game.

Sack that, just checked out the Virgin gaming website and it's only pre-set tournaments and head to heads. Wharraloadofturd! Let me have a think about some ideas, or better yet, find a website that supports custom made tournaments, but the Draft league should definately be re-done!

Last edited:
Looks like a good idea Sean. Obviously I wouldn't mind being a tournament moderator to set up and maintain them. Seem very well structured and would keep it pretty clean and easy to use and update.

And obviously, if it didn't work, we could always revert back to the old way of doing it?

Having tournaments with more than 16 never work.
Ronan's draft game worked because the 10 players were regulars on the site & xbox...
Most tournaments fail because one/two n00bs don't log into fm-base on a regular basis
They do occasionally fail due to a lack of organisation from the person who creates the tournament so it's not a good idea to have a noob/JK organise them

I'll see if I can get the tournament system up and running tomorrow.

Having tournaments with more than 16 never work.
Ronan's draft game worked because the 10 players were regulars on the site & xbox...
Most tournaments fail because one/two n00bs don't log into fm-base on a regular basis
They do occasionally fail due to a lack of organisation from the person who creates the tournament so it's not a good idea to have a noob/JK organise them

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, because you can't handle your drink, these will be ignored.

Jooookes! :) Yeah I probably wont be doing massive tourneys, because they never get done. but if the plug-in Sean is looking at makes it work better, we can always try bigger ones.

I'll see if I can get the tournament system up and running tomorrow.

Awesome. Let me know when/if it goes up so I can have a look at how to use it and try and get some tourneys running as a warm up to some bigger ones.

Hopefully will get my FIFA before you guys get the big tournaments going....I missed out with FIFA 11

I guess I'll have to donate then, been meaning to do so for months XD but I rarely come on when I'm at home, just at work.

I guess I'll have to donate then, been meaning to do so for months XD but I rarely come on when I'm at home, just at work.

No excuse....:p

As for the mods v Premium, tooo easy.

Meh, don't play it short, they don't score Jew goals ;)

I know how to stop them, but I am not going to tell you to which player, cos you will just mark him anyway.

It's pretty much impossible to stop cutbacks once you get past the level of playing retarded people.

It's pretty much impossible to stop cutbacks once you get past the level of playing retarded people.

True....

But 95% of FM-Base are retarded, according to surveys.