FIfa 12 Virtual Pro Help Thread

mrjack41

Reaction score
Here people can post their queries on how to do certain accomplishments. You could even set up an online match to boost your virtual pro. I would highly recommend downloading the "BYA Boosting team". This is a team of 5"2 obese players who are easy to do accomplishments against. You simply login to the EA website (EA Sports Soccer | FIFA Creation Centre | EA SPORTS Soccer) and search for the BYA boosting team.

My querie is to do with scoring headers. When I try and score headers my VP simply steps back and volleys it rather than heading it, any tips to make my pro header it? Thanks.

Move towards the ball and press shoot before it actually gets within your vacinity. I find tapping shoot helps as well.

Also, hold LB/L2, more often than not, it keeps the ball down and heads towards the ground.

Hmm tbh you dont even need to do any of this with the new options :( read on and highlight if you dont mind feeling dirty...

If you want to get your heading stat up and dont mind a bit of "help" go to options and whack your team controlled options up to full. Set game to world class, turn off offsides and then play a match with your 6 foot 10 pro upfront. Get the ball and cross to him he will rarely miss oO)

I've not done this but I have messed about with the options to have a laugh and imagine it would be simple enough with your pro. My pro is 80 rated AMC, need some shooting ones mainly. A few dribbling tedious ones like beat 6 players with skill moves and 8 backheels in a match. The worst are things like scoring from post rebounds. They're lame.

(If you want to get your heading stat up and dont mind a bit of "help" go to options and what your team controlled options up to full. Set game to world class, turn off offsides and then play a match with your 6 foot 10 pro upfront. Get the ball and cross to him he will rarely miss
uh.gif
)

Doesnt work, he steps back and volleys it, I do use those settings too.

Even on corners? must be the crosses or somthing I guess. Are you floating the crosses?

Even on corners? must be the crosses or somthing I guess. Are you floating the crosses?
Ye even on corners, ye im floating them, its to do with you not being marked I think, scoring a few more now due to W4FC B3N's idea.

Ah right, glad somthings working for you :). The only way I got my 2 from 32 yeards achievement was because of some ******* pro keeper running out. Without that, (or without editing - not that I want to), Id find it almost impossible to do that!!

They're made more difficult to lower the cheats.. Then they go and put all them options in to the game, baffles me. I've never cheated, ever, on any game I've ever played (before I've completed it on all difficulties).

They're made more difficult to lower the cheats.. Then they go and put all them options in to the game, baffles me. I've never cheated, ever, on any game I've ever played (before I've completed it on all difficulties).
Baffles me too, I mean they are there to be edited so, I use them to increase my VP, thats all, rating 82 target man (6"3) at the moment, target men are under-rated on fifa!

Any tips for 8 backheels? I got the 2 backheels by standing between the CB and LB and kept calling for the pass when i was directly between the 2. That was quite late in the game though so didnt manage 8

Have you unlocked the fancy passes trait? That helps a lot.

no mate not yet! How many passing achievements do i have to get before I get that?

Any tips for 8 backheels? I got the 2 backheels by standing between the CB and LB and kept calling for the pass when i was directly between the 2. That was quite late in the game though so didnt manage 8

Run straight on towards your goalkeeper, then do the big touch backwards (so your now running facing directly away from the keeper) and press A (Xbox) or X (PS3) first time directing the pass towards the GK. He should perform a back heel! :)

Nice one jack! Will try it out later and let you know how i get on! Great tip if its that simple :)

On the headers, if your player is not marked, he will almost always try to volley it, so messing with all the sliders tends to make getting headers really hard.

How I did it was to set myself as a tall target man. Change the sliders to only affect the speed and acceleration (not too much as you end up running too fast and won't be marked) for your team and maybe lower the AI passing accuracy so to maximize your possession. Put yourself in a team and set it up as a 5-4-1 so you are the only striker. Bomb down the wings and try to time the crosses as your man has just arrived in the box. As long as a defender is close to him he should go for a header.

By the way, the climb and score two headers is very frustrating because if your VP jumps while you’re still moving it won't count. The way to get this is when you come down the wing stop and wait until your VP has stopped running into the box and then cross. Should work then. Corners also are good for this one.

For the 8 back heels the fancy flicks trait will help but best way is to play a match as defender and pass across your backline, try to position your VP to be a few yards away from another player with his back to him (the closer the pass the more likely a back heel), then it’s about timing when you tap the pass button just as you start moving away from the direction your passing (just before it gets to your VP usually)

Quick question about players. I need a few achievements for Acceleration and Speed on the game. I'm just curious if these are only to do with when your holding run (RB / R2) or does it affect your jogging speeds at all?

Quick question about players. I need a few achievements for Acceleration and Speed on the game. I'm just curious if these are only to do with when your holding run (RB / R2) or does it affect your jogging speeds at all?
I'm pretty sure its only when you press/hold sprint button

I'm pretty sure its only when you press/hold sprint button

Yeah I thought that would be the case. Still pretty annoying when I'm up against a stock defender on clubs and they can run the same speed as me even though I'm at about 87 acceleration and pace!