FIFA Ballon d'Or 2011

philly

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to start a thread about this but figured this made the most sense.

23-man shortlist for the award: Eric Abidal (France), Sergio Aguero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Luis Suarez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

And for coach of the year: Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC), Rudi Garcia (France/Lille OSC), Pep Guardiola (Spain/FC Barcelona), Jurgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), Joachim Low (Germany/Germany national team), Jose Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid), Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay/Uruguay national team), Andre Villas-Boas (Portugal/FC Porto, Chelsea, Arsène Wenger (France/Arsenal).

Don't quite understand how van Persie has missed out on the 23 when players like Abidal and Fabregas among others shouldn't be there ahead of him.

Last edited:
All the FIFA awards nowadays are a joke. van Persie has been brilliant and yet he misses out. That just doesn't make sense. oO)

Doesn't matter if Van Persie was there or not - they might as well just give it to Messi right now.

I am just a little baffled why, perhaps, David Silva isn't in that list instead of someone like I dunno, Diego Forlan or Neymar.

Doesn't matter if Van Persie was there or not - they might as well just give it to Messi right now.

Coach of the Year is more interesting... I think its a two-way battle between Guardolia and AVB