Fifa 'n00b'

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Ive not played Fifa since around Fifa 08, not played a football game since PES 09 and not touched my xbox in 2 years. Could someone give me a general catchup baring in mind there was none of this fancy online gaming lark back in the day.

Also a few questins ive got:

• What is 'Ultimate Team'
  • I bought the special edition of Fifa 12, what makes it special?
  • What's 'Live season'
  • What's 'Virtual Pro'
  • Ive got XBL, is it a good idea to just hop on and play online, is tere a skill matcher or could I be playing again some super pro and get my *** handed to me
  • I see there are lots of league threads here, which is the best to join baring in mind Im playing on Semi-Pro atm and im not all dat
  • What's this

Anything else I should know that ive missed out feel free to fill me in.

Ultimate team is a card based game where you buy cards either using MS points or coins ingame to form a team of your choice. The more coins you collect the more packs you can open/people you can buy. The best teams are players from the same country/league/team as they have "chemistry".

Live season is basically playing Fifa seasons but using the official real life division standings and fixtures.

A virtual pro is a guy you'd create like on the old fifas, but to make them better you unlock accomplishments eg score from outside the box +1 longshots.

If you are not confident online, try playing unranked games, but as you're a low level anyway, ranked matches will be against people also a low level.

THAT is pro clubs, you use your virtual pro to play in that team with people online, by controlling your virtual pro within the team.

• What is 'Ultimate Team'
Ultimate team is an online card game where you collect cards... :S XD, but you have a team chemistry which is out of 100, the higher the better. The way you get that chemistry to 100 is by matching cards by nationality or the league in which they play in. The higher the chemistry, the better your team plays together.

• I bought the special edition of Fifa 12, what makes it special?
The Special edition of FIFA enables you to get free Gold packs for your ultimate team, as opposed to buying them with coins that you collect by playing games (not neccesarily winning) or using Microsoft Points. You get 3 gold packs every first saturday of every month.

• What's 'Live season'
Tbh, I'm not too sure on that XD

• What's 'Virtual Pro'
Virtual Pro is your very own player that you will play with throughout your career mode (if you so choose). You build him up by acheiving different accomplishments during these games, such as physical accomplishments (win an ariel challenge) or Shooting accomplishments, (score with your left foot from outside the box). Really fun to do. You can also join online clubs with your pro where you only control that one player, people generally tend to join pro clubs (which I will get to later) but you can also play 'pro ranked matches' which just throws you in with random peoples pros.

• Ive got XBL, is it a good idea to just hop on and play online, is tere a skill matcher or could I be playing again some super pro and get my *** handed to me
The new Head to head seasons is a brilliant match maker, only matching you to people with very similar skill stats. You chose your team, kit and squad first off and then it proceeds to match you with a similar rated team which is playing in your current league. The league system starts off at division 10 and as you win matches, you gain points, obviously, the higher you get, the harder it gets, but presumably, you will be getting better as you get higher. It's a good place really to start playing online, but I'd advise that you get used to the new tactical defending because it's quite easy to take advantage of someone who isn't familiar with it.

• I see there are lots of league threads here, which is the best to join baring in mind Im playing on Semi-Pro atm and im not all dat
??

That's the pro-club (which I'm currently waiting to rejoin XD). As I mentioned earlier, you will use your virtual pro that you have built up in this club. It's just a really fun/different way of playing FIFA with people you already know, as opposed to joining quick matches with random people (You actually get passed to lol).

Sorry about the couple I haven't answered >_<

See you on there Gregor. :p