FIFA players with FM stats.

boogaloochimp

Reaction score
I started creating some ukrainian players and decided to use the fm stats to fill in their attributes giving 5 points on Fifa for every point in their fm stats. For example, if dribbling is 18 on fm, they get 90 dribbling on fifa and so on. There's obviously one or two points grace either side on Fifa just so everyone's stats aren't in increments of 5.

The results were really satisfying. Stepanenko [Shakhtar] came out with a 58 Ovr but with plenty of room for potential and made him really satisfying to play - rough around the edges but good at his role. And generally, players like Garmash and Yarmolenko, who are so good on fm, ended up with roughly 70 Ovr [obv with potential]. I would've been disappointed but the players played so much more realistically.

Out of curiosity, i created Xavi and Messi with their fm stats just to see how they'd turn out. Both had an ovr 90. The best part was that their individual strengths became much more magnified. Messi's dribbling, acc, and finishing both felt better but his top speed came down [no more trying to sprint the length of the field with him]. Likewise, Xavi can pass anywhere on the pitch but his dribbling and his shot power came down. It made me have to think more about exactly where i was putting the pass, and the best touch to take when recieving the ball.

Really, i'm thinking of editing players in FIFA with their fm stats but i need to perfect the system to transfer between games. Some attributes might require taking an average from 2 or more fm stats to get a decent fifa one [e.g. shot power[fifa] could be an average of technique, long shots and strength[fm]] but i'm not sure yet. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried this, and if not would recommend it. It puts an end to ridiculously overpowered players and plays to their strengths more. Cuts down the frustrating reliance on speed and strength in Fifa too since so many fm stats are mental attributes that don't feature in the other. I'll be posting my idea for transferable attributes later this evening so i would love to know what anyone thinks, if there's any interest.

I started creating some ukrainian players and decided to use the fm stats to fill in their attributes giving 5 points on Fifa for every point in their fm stats. For example, if dribbling is 18 on fm, they get 90 dribbling on fifa and so on. There's obviously one or two points grace either side on Fifa just so everyone's stats aren't in increments of 5.

The results were really satisfying. Stepanenko [Shakhtar] came out with a 58 Ovr but with plenty of room for potential and made him really satisfying to play - rough around the edges but good at his role. And generally, players like Garmash and Yarmolenko, who are so good on fm, ended up with roughly 70 Ovr [obv with potential]. I would've been disappointed but the players played so much more realistically.

Out of curiosity, i created Xavi and Messi with their fm stats just to see how they'd turn out. Both had an ovr 90. The best part was that their individual strengths became much more magnified. Messi's dribbling, acc, and finishing both felt better but his top speed came down [no more trying to sprint the length of the field with him]. Likewise, Xavi can pass anywhere on the pitch but his dribbling and his shot power came down. It made me have to think more about exactly where i was putting the pass, and the best touch to take when recieving the ball.

Really, i'm thinking of editing players in FIFA with their fm stats but i need to perfect the system to transfer between games. Some attributes might require taking an average from 2 or more fm stats to get a decent fifa one [e.g. shot power[fifa] could be an average of technique, long shots and strength[fm]] but i'm not sure yet. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried this, and if not would recommend it. It puts an end to ridiculously overpowered players and plays to their strengths more. Cuts down the frustrating reliance on speed and strength in Fifa too since so many fm stats are mental attributes that don't feature in the other. I'll be posting my idea for transferable attributes later this evening so i would love to know what anyone thinks, if there's any interest.
I haven't tried this, but it's a really interesting idea, would love to hear more about it