FIFA runs poorly on my laptop...how can I fix it?

curtis290

Reaction score
Just bought FIFA 11 for the PC. It's so choppy and "pausey" that it's pretty much unplayable. I cleaned out my hardrive, ran CCleaner, and installed gameboost and now play the game with it (and I configured gameboost so that it shuts down every single task/application in the background while playing), which helped a lot, but it's still really choppy and I want to fix it. I have an old laptop that I haven't taken the best care of (I've dropped it a few times and only for the first time ever dusted it using one of those cans that shoots compressed air at the keys the other day), but in terms of the specs it should be fine. It has a core duo processor with 2.0 Ghz I think and a good deal of RAM. My guess though is that the reason it's running poorly is my graphics card. Can someone take a look at my system specs (ran dxdiag and attached the .txt) and tell me what I can do to make it so that FIFA will run well without problems? If I need to buy a graphics card, what is a cheap one that will make it run well for sure? Thanks!