FIFA World Cup Ticketing

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Just watching sky sports news and was rather schocked when found out some truth about the ticket allocation England receieve.

For example, the second game against Algeria, the stadium we play in holds 66,000 or so but England has been allocated just under 8,000.

Where on earth do the other 10s of thousands of tickets go?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the ticket system is a bit of a joke?

You have to have a horn to enter, England only had 8,000 horns.

wow, i suppose not many people are actually over there tbh, i heard somewhere that half the people planning on going couldn't afford the hotel prices etc. so i'm guessing the other thousands are just neutrals :s

pretty pathetic though if I'm honest :S

The first game they are getting just over 4,000 tickets in a 45,000 seater stadium.

It's very silly.

Just watching sky sports news and was rather schocked when found out some truth about the ticket allocation England receieve.

For example, the second game against Algeria, the stadium we play in holds 66,000 or so but England has been allocated just under 8,000.

Where on earth do the other 10s of thousands of tickets go?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the ticket system is a bit of a joke?

I'm guessing the tickets go to the locals...

And how many England fans are actually going to the games? Have England sold all their tickets?

And how many England fans are actually going to the games? Have England sold all their tickets?

thats my point, why are they going to the locals? surely the tickets should be split between the two coutries playing, not the ****** locals.

thats my point, why are they going to the locals? surely the tickets should be split between the two coutries playing, not the ****** locals.

No doubt you will drop this argument when the World Cup comes to England... (K)

No doubt you will drop this argument when the World Cup comes to England... (K)

sort of short myself in the foot there havent i lol

but even still for example, if the world cup comes to england and say Germany are playing Ghana, surely the tickets if the game was at Wembley should be split more like 40,000 each with 10,000 on general sale instead of the other way round?

Because most countries are going to struggle to fill all they're allocated seats in the stadia.

Because most countries are going to struggle to fill all they're allocated seats in the stadia.

but a lot of countries would fill their allocation. surely they can sell tickets up to a certain date and then sell the rest to the public though

Doubt many England fans will go over tbh, after South Africa decided to over exploit the WC and made everything so ******* expencive.

Thats stupid in the London 2012 Olympics we aren't allowed to allocate so many tickets to the locals and have to sell equally to the rest of the world so why is it allowed in football?