fifa world player of the year 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

supasheva

Reaction score
OK I KNOW IT IS A LONG WAY TO GO BUT WIT THE REVIVAL OF WAYNE ROONEY INTO THE WORLD'S BEST STRIKER I JUST HAVE TO BRING THIS UP.

WHO WOULD WIN THE FIFA WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR FOR 2010!!:$

I MEAN ALTHOUGH ROONEY IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST RIGHT NOW WE HAVE TO LOOK BACK AT 2006 WHEN HENRY HAD LEAD ARSENAL TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL AND HAD RACKEDD UP 27 GOALS IN THE PROCESS. SADLY HIS PERFORMANCES WERE OUTSHONE BY A CERTAIN ZINEDINE ZIDANE AND FABIO CANNAVARO FOR SOME STRANGEE REASON. MAKE NO MISTAKE IF ENGLAND MEET PORTUGAL AGAIN IT WOULDN'T BE STRANGE TO SEE A CERTAIN RONALDO GET ROONEY SENT OFF.;)

Messi at the moment is getting into his groove from last year. He's currently top goalscorer in la liga with 21 goals and is the only lightforce in a laclustre barca side along with pedro.my predidction for him would be either second or 1st depending on how he does at the world cup. His recent perfformance against Germany was abismal! If Argentina even get thhird place at the world cupthey would have exceeded all expectations and messi will be world player of the year 2010.

Third place is definitely a tough one. But it might fall to either a certain Gonzalo Higuain , Cec Fabregas or Didier Drogba. XD

Drogba and Higuain are both having a fantastic season with their clubs. if real madrid or chelsea were to win the domestic titles full credeit has to go to the two. They both are similarily deteremined to do anything to win and are both in contention for the golden boot depending on how things pan out.Performances in the world cup is crucial to this position as well.(H)

Cesc Favregas is a different case altogether. The arsenal Captain has spent a total of 7 years at the club and is seen as the succsor to avi Hernandez in the Spanish line-up. Compared to the likes of Iniesta and Xavi of last season he has out-shone the two. He's racked up a number of 18 goals to his credit and a large number of assists to his credit. If Arsenal are to win the premier league he is definitely the man to take this award. His leadership on the pitch is something also notable of his performances. A midfield general in the making Cesc will be instrumental if Spain are to win the world-cup.|)

Any ideas of any other likely candidates? any suggestions will be welcome.

moved to appropriate section

I reckon ronaldo will be up there but not top unless he does something crazy like lead portugal to the world cup.oO)

Hoping rooney gets it.:D

World cup will affect it a lot. Last time cannavaro won it after captaining italy to the world cup.

i think Rooney will win (i hope anyways) the guy has just brought his game to a different level this season. Messi second and Ronaldo third

Despite the CAPITALSLOL in your original post it's nice to see someone make an effort with a new thread, sadly I'm gonna close it for now. Feel free to start it up again in 8 or 9 months when it gets a bit closer.

If you want to tug over Rooney some more though there's a thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.