Fifa's Latest Great Idea

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
The Premier League is bracing itself for a major battle with Michel Platini over a controversial plan by the UEFA president to overhaul the domestic league season so it runs from March to October – in what looks like a pre-emptive strike in FIFA’s drive to hold the 2022 Qatar World Cup in the winter.
The plans first emerged yesterday in a report in Germany’s Bild newspaper which claims to have leaked documents detailing radical proposals being drawn up by Platini, and believed to have the backing of FIFA president Sepp Blatter, to force major change on the European game.
Fifa and UEFA want the big European leagues to fall in line with a worldwide model which would see the domestic league season running from mid-March to the end of October. The plans propose playing World Cup or European Championship qualifying games from November to mid-December and using the time until mid-January for the players to rest.
The proposals have caused huge consternation among the big five European leagues – England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. The president of the Bundesliga, Reinhard Rauball, has already said that there will be no chance of the German league changing its plans to adapt.
Rauball said: “There can be no such revolutionary change without the five major European leagues being part of the agreement. I can hardly imagine the British [sic] agreeing. I am personally against it. Fifa and Uefa need to take a serious look at these plans.”
Fifa and Uefa are expected to table a formal proposal after Blatter and Platini are re-elected to their respective offices in April and May. The fear for the Premier League is that the more radical proposals of a permanent change in the domestic season will be used as a bargaining chip, with Fifa and Uefa offering to pull back in return for concessions around the 2022 World Cup finals. (Independent)

Just when you thought that UEFA and FIFA could sink no lower they manage to plumb the depths once more. The old adage “if it’s not broken, why fix it” could never have been more appropriate yet UEFA chief Michel Platini, he of the hair brained schemes, wants to reshape the European game, ostensibly just so that the powers that be can justify their decision to move the 2022 World Cup from the summer, where it has happily taken place for more than 80 years, to the winter. A decision that many within FIFA itself have riled against.
Quite what the **** Messrs Platini and his partner in crime FIFA President Sepp Blatter, are up to is beyond any sane and rational mind to deduce. It is like they are a pair of mad scientists intent on ruining the game they purportedly love.
Why would Europe want to change their footballing schedule? What could possibly be in in for the big five leagues? Luckily it seems highly unlikely that the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga and Ligue 1 would ever sign up to this mindless scheme but knowing UEFA and FIFA they may well look to force such a decision anyway, just to confirm their complete disregard to due process.
One can only hope against hope that these truly mindless plans will helpfully work against Blatter and Platini as they look to win another term in charge of their respective bodies.
With any luck Asian football chief Mohamad bin Hammam will have a chance of ousting Blatter but in FIFA’s closed shop any realistic hope of a new leader of the world footballing governing body being appointed are slim to none, such is the corrupted state of FIFA and perhaps football itself.
Maybe it is time for member states to show their dissatisfaction with FIFA and UEFA by threatening a breakaway? Such actions have of course occurred in other sports so such a move is not beyond the realms of possibility and maybe such a threat will act as a wake up call to those in positions of power.

Source:
UEFA and FIFA Plan Outrageous European League Shift To a March to October Season | CaughtOffside

What. The. ****.

I'm surprised FIFA have the balls to even attempt this. One World Cup that they picked mostly because of the financial benefits to them has to be held at a different time in order to even be staged, and FIFA, far from even being slightly ashamed, just try and alter world football's seasons to fit? Bollocks to that.

in europe its the russians, i guess, going in march to october schedule, since russian winters are ****** UP.

why it the EU competitions now. !!!!

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

not to forget teh the MLS goes the 'escape' winter schedule. and also the Brazilian leagues.

Totally agree with you Godcubed(theres a first time for everything) :p

I will be first to say that Summer football is an epic fail. They have been doing it in Ireland the past few years and it clearly doesnt work. It also means re-arranging every domestic and intl cup around this schedule. Couldnt believe it myself when I seen it. However I think this is just to try divert attention away from the corruption accusations, albeit a poor attempt.

Off topic but on another note, Its my birthday today :)

Totally agree with you Godcubed(theres a first time for everything) :p

I will be first to say that Summer football is an epic fail. They have been doing it in Ireland the past few years and it clearly doesnt work. It also means re-arranging every domestic and intl cup around this schedule. Couldnt believe it myself when I seen it. However I think this is just to try divert attention away from the corruption accusations, albeit a poor attempt.

Off topic but on another note, Its my birthday today :)

must be FIFA b'day gift for u then. LOL!!! XD

Happy b-day Stevie :) How old are you now ?

Wow. Just wow. So instead of making the World Cup decision based on what is best for all parties, they choose the host which makes the least sense, and then try to make it possible by changing the whole structure of European football. They chose the host which made the least sense, and which is threatening to cause the most destruction.

If Platini and (especially) Blatter were given their way they would quickly half ruin football with the brainless policies they try to introduce. We need them out of FIFA as soon as possible. Either that or the major footballing nations secede from FIFA (but that doesn't seem likely). Once again they continue to amaze me with their new levels of ignorance

/ rant

The ****....? Ridiculous really.

instead of shifting to the 'Escape winter' fixtures (ie march to october) why dont stfu and keep still.

the FFP is okay, but no the 'escape winter' project.

Afraid so. I actually hope Fifa press on with this issue. If they do I can see the major nations FA's break away from FIFA and UEFA and form a separatist movement. It would be a revolution and its exactly what football needs. Its more about politics than what's actually good for the game. Hopefully somebody sees sense and realises that its not the football calendar that needs to be revamped. It is infact the bureaucratic mess that is FIFA. I honestly dont expect this to happen as the major nations will rebuff this proposal.

Another factor to consider is how extreame this could affect our professional athletes and supporters. Imagine being in the Nou Camp to watch Barca in the middle of June or July where temperatures frequent 30 degrees even in the evening time. Players will be fatigued and and people could get sun stroke. This is obviously something FIFA hadnt considered and shows how little foresight the "organisation" has.

* I say organisation sarcastically because FIFA is a joke compared to other professional sporting organisations who dont listen to their fans as there too preoccupied with lining their own pockets than to enhance the popularity of the worlds most sacred sport

to the UEFA. : (ENJOY!!!!)

[video=youtube;pc0mxOXbWIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU[/video]

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Afraid so. I actually hope Fifa press on with this issue. If they do I can see the major nations FA's break away from FIFA and UEFA and form a separatist movement. It would be a revolution and its exactly what football needs. Its more about politics than what's actually good for the game. Hopefully somebody sees sense and realises that its not the football calendar that needs to be revamped. It is infact the bureaucratic mess that is FIFA. I honestly dont expect this to happen as the major nations will rebuff this proposal.

Another factor to consider is how extreame this could affect our professional athletes and supporters. Imagine being in the Nou Camp to watch Barca in the middle of June or July where temperatures frequent 30 degrees even in the evening time. Players will be fatigued and and people could get sun stroke. This is obviously something FIFA hadnt considered and shows how little foresight the "organisation" has.

* I say organisation sarcastically because FIFA is a joke compared to other professional sporting organisations who dont listen to their fans as there too preoccupied with lining their own pockets than to enhance the popularity of the worlds most sacred sport

EPIC This!!!!

why not they introduce like 2-3 week layoff in the winter season. mainly the epl.

Well it isnt exclusively UEFA's fault. The problem rests more so with FIFA. Platini simply agrees with everything that Blatter wants because he is a serious *** kisser who is hoping to replace Blatter as the head of FIFA when he eventually leaves/forced out. Please, I know im not one to talk but no spam/video/pics on the thread unless there completely relevant. Tempting as it is to get a picture with **** FIFA on it, I wont do it. Anybody else thinking along my radical ideals of breaking away from FIFA if these **** and bull proposals come into play?

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

EPIC This!!!!

why not they introduce like 2-3 week layoff in the winter season. mainly the epl.

I would actually be in favour of a winter break as it does wonders to restore players fitness levels and keep them fresher. But I hate the idea of the leagues being moved to summer football which I despise.

And thanks, I have been known to post some gold on this site in between all the drivel :)

As far as I was aware, FIFA have no power over domestic league's and how they are run as long as there is no goverment influence.

So this thread is bs.

Looks like they are just putting a suggestion forward. No doubt a lot of money may be involved in any final decision, per usual. Bullshit really. **** UEFA and **** the Qatar world cup!

As far as I was aware, FIFA have no power over domestic league's and how they are run as long as there is no goverment influence.

So this thread is bs.

Yes, If you read the op, The head of the German FA has already rejected the notion and he believes that the rest of the top 5 will also reject it. However this is reportedly being supported by both FIFA and UEFA. UEFA will have influence over some of the smaller league nations and they can change the dates of friendlies and the European competitions if they so feel. Do you think the top leagues will be happy if they miss players for intl friendlies and the CL gets messed up?

Also I dont think it will happen either but its just the notion that FIFA want to do this is making my blood boil just to appease the decision of the 2022 WC. FIFA dont care about the good of the game and this is just the latest mad cap idea they have had.

yeah. why not? i mean, playing in Rome in mid august with 40 f*cking celsius degree couldn't be that bad, could it? -_-
seriously, those fifa big 'eads should be locked in special rooms and only allowed to speak when they have to say something that makes real sense, instead of bullsh*t such as this "idea"

This is a challenge to whoever thought of this idea. Rearrange these words to form a popular insult:

yourself, f***, go.

Got it?