Fifa's Latest Great Idea

Yes, If you read the op, The head of the German FA has already rejected the notion and he believes that the rest of the top 5 will also reject it. However this is reportedly being supported by both FIFA and UEFA. UEFA will have influence over some of the smaller league nations and they can change the dates of friendlies and the European competitions if they so feel. Do you think the top leagues will be happy if they miss players for intl friendlies and the CL gets messed up?

Also I dont think it will happen either but its just the notion that FIFA want to do this is making my blood boil just to appease the decision of the 2022 WC. FIFA dont care about the good of the game and this is just the latest mad cap idea they have had.

surely teh teams would refuse to release the players, and if it happens i'd love to see it change before 2018 as it would be funny watching the world cup in the middle of a russian winter.

surely teh teams would refuse to release the players, and if it happens i'd love to see it change before 2018 as it would be funny watching the world cup in the middle of a russian winter.

Im not sure they can, I know they can for friendlies but I think official FIFA games the clubs have to allow their players travel If they wish to do so. I may be wrong as im no expert. It just wouldnt feel right watching teams play during the summer. It has killed Irish football when we changed to summer football.

Im not sure they can, I know they can for friendlies but I think official FIFA games the clubs have to allow their players travel If they wish to do so. I may be wrong as im no expert. It just wouldnt feel right watching teams play during the summer. It has killed Irish football when we changed to summer football.

whether they have the power to or not wouldn't matter as i'm sure that clubs would just start writing clauses into contracts that forbid a player from playing international football. and i think that they can as i'm sure there was a player pulled out of a squad by their club as the club said hes injured and the national team said he wasn't and the club had an important champions league game coming up (or something like that) anyway aren't all matches between 2 fifa nations official fifa matches as they all count towards the fifa world rankings.

whether they have the power to or not wouldn't matter as i'm sure that clubs would just start writing clauses into contracts that forbid a player from playing international football. and i think that they can as i'm sure there was a player pulled out of a squad by their club as the club said hes injured and the national team said he wasn't and the club had an important champions league game coming up (or something like that) anyway aren't all matches between 2 fifa nations official fifa matches as they all count towards the fifa world rankings.

Nope friendlies arent official FIFA fixtures as they dont organise them. Also frendly matches dont affect the World rankings. Its only competetive fixtures. Thats why Brazil are below England now in the rankings

Nope friendlies arent official FIFA fixtures as they dont organise them. Also frendly matches dont affect the World rankings. Its only competetive fixtures. Thats why Brazil are below England now in the rankings

i thought friendlies did count but had a low multiplier, hence brazil falling down teh rankings due to all their matches being *0.5 instead of *2.0 for continental qualifiers or whatever the coefficents are.

ECA>FIFA.

FIFA can only step in on countries domestic league policy when they see that the government is in anyway influencing the league, the idea of moving Europes major leagues to the summer in 2022 is the MAJOR reason (Surprisingly not the health risks) why in 2015 FIFA will hold a new vote on the 2022 WC and it will probably go to America.

Why America?

Because in 2026 I am certain that the WC will go to China.

Don't worry about Qatar or FIFA interfering with the league calendar, it just wont happen.

THE most powerful body in world football (on paper) is the ECA, they don't want a WC in Qatar and they don't want FIFA scheduling, Rummenigge has already openly criticised Blatter. Platini is just starting to realise that he needs to get the ECA on side rather than African national associations...(Duh)