Finally Broke FM18 Last Night..........................

Tohammer

Banned
Reaction score
......................on the same day the FM19 Beta is released.

Anyone interested?

Would anyone have any clue why a tactic tested with 4 different teams of differing quality in seasons 1, 2, 3, an 4 and absolutely smashed the AI, then wouldn't work in one of the updated databases with no ME changes???

not that I am saying it is not potentially a good/great tactic, but screenshots and tactical pictures would be a huge help for those who might use it

not that I am saying it is not potentially a good/great tactic, but screenshots and tactical pictures would be a huge help for those who might use it

Don't bother if your playing on an update, its like a completely different ME, went back to original database and it still works great.

Adore7 - No OI

That happened to a lot of the tactics i found, new update and a lot suffered, the other one I love is the 3 season wall, as I call it, doing well then 3 seasons in and the AI counters you perfectly and your players forget how to pass the ball, cheers for the info, might skip this one then

That happened to a lot of the tactics i found, new update and a lot suffered, the other one I love is the 3 season wall, as I call it, doing well then 3 seasons in and the AI counters you perfectly and your players forget how to pass the ball, cheers for the info, might skip this one then

It was the transfer update I downloaded, the tactic works in the last official update.

If the AI would "Perfectly counter"; it would do so from the start. As it is, a simple switch in managers, or an edit as to their prefered formations can impact things quite a bit. This is the side effect of a "game breaking tacticzzzzzzzzz" since day one. No tactic, absolutely not one, is without weakness, ever. Unless you find a way to field 20 outfield players that cover EVERY inch of the pitch. Additionally, no tactic, absolutely no one, in football, makes you consistently outperform all player ability to kingdom come.. Suddenly in-game the game seems like rock paper scissors, when it doesn't specifically try to be... not from my end, anyways. Get it "right" and your **** forwards score loads no matter what. And then suddenly, it may stop. If you don't even know how your game breaking tacticzzzz works, e.g. here, you will have no clue what's goingn on either way. Randomness galore. At least, on the odd occasion.

Shy away from anybody who doesn't explain you such, such as this guy. https://www.fmscout.com/a-unstoppable-attacking-fm18-tactic.html Additionally, even the traditional simple switch (mid-match) to 3 forwards can expose your average exploit a plenty, as they push every single player under the sun forward, every minute of a season (which equals to thousands of interceptions with everybody pushed up). Whilst the three forwards on FM haven't tracked back behind the ball in ages. That can happen for just ten minutes.. it's typically something applied when trying to go for an equalizer etc.

fOZT9mP.png

Different AI managers manage matches slightly differently. They each prefer different formations for a start. Database updates could change those preferences. As could manager switcheroos (sackings, etc.) That's it. Additionally, the defensive "cracks" exploited on every release that see garbage players popping up into space over and over naturally tend to be visibly covered more by defensive tactics (keeping men behind the ball that may plug those ME inherent defending holes a bit). AI tends to play defensive tactics if it considers itself the underdog in a match, so that Burnley at the start won't go gung-ho at Chelsea (doesn't happen IRL too). The dynamics at play here tends to be as follows: The human managed team outperforms all ability, and eventually, it faces the same thing that Bayern, Barca et all do from the start (AI included) -- lots of spoil kids parking armies behind the ball. Except they do such with much worse players than Messi, Robben et all. If AI'd be clever though, oh dear. :D

Last edited:
Hi tohammer, i’m a fan of sirgoalot tactic, this one working only with the last official update of SI?

Hi tohammer, i’m a fan of sirgoalot tactic, this one working only with the last official update of SI?

I have got it working in the update, but I had to make a few more tweaks. Doing one last test and will then update.

I have got it working in the update, but I had to make a few more tweaks. Doing one last test and will then update.
Oook mate, i’m waiting, now i’m playing with the original version posted by Wibe

Oook mate, i’m waiting, now i’m playing with the original version posted by Wibe

Yeah if your using that one, after you have overachieved be sure to up the team shape to "structured" it may help in stopping second season syndrome. If you improve again up the team shape till you reach very fluid, by that time you should have a pretty good team.

Did you finish this one? Or maybe I am the only one still playing FM18 :)