Hagadin

Reaction score
Just the question first: What types of things are covered by the "Other" category in Finances?

Edit: Since I'm asking is there a sticky somewhere that breaks down the financial aspect of this game?

Why I'm asking: I've been sending the reserve squad abroad to pick up game fees ($30k a game if you look hard enough) but after posting a loss of $51k in the "Other" category last month, I'm wondering if it's not costing me money to fly the team around. Does anybody know the answer to that?

Edit 2: Come to think of it, are my players missing training time by flying around the world to matches?

Background of my team: FM 2011 is my first Football Manager game and I'm loving it. It has taken me a few attempts at teams to get the hang of the game and I now have things fairly well sorted. I have chosen to take control of AFC Telford and after going undefeated in the BSN I'm about a quarter of the way through and undefeated season in the BSP. I dropped pretty much all but two players from the squad (Shane Killock and James Lawrie) and sorted out the payroll well enough that the Board is basically eating out of my hand. I'm upgrading the youth facilities and buying the ground. I have also picked up some youth prospects and have a team that can develop and excel for years to come.

Bonus unrelated question: I'm using Right footed kickers for left corners and Left footed kickers for right corners, is this correct in general? I'm an American, I knew jack about football before the last world cup and my city getting an MLS team last season.

Last edited:
Not really sure about the finance question, corner part's right on the money ;)

The game is amazingly well thought out so I would have thought the 'Other' category does include the cost of travel. However I can't see why you aren't making a profit from it unless easyjet has upped its prices!

It could be a number of things which is causing it as most clubs do make a loss IRL. Maybe some of your players are getting appearance fees as a bolt on to their normal wage. I like the idea of what you're trying to do though.

Good luck and glad you're enjoying the game.

Bonus unrelated question: I'm using Right footed kickers for left corners and Left footed kickers for right corners, is this correct in general? I'm an American, I knew jack about football before the last world cup and my city getting an MLS team last season.
It depends upon whether you want the ball to curve away or toward goal. If you have takers with the opposite foot that the corner is, as you do, then the ball should curve toward goal.

When you make the games abroad, it comes up with the cost, and how much revenue will be acquired. If the cost is greater than the revenue, then it's a bad decision and is costing you money. Look at that first when making a fixture.

Nice job with AFC there, I'm glad you're enjoying the game! :D

Sorta off topic, you managed to buy your stadium? Aw, the board at Seoul in my game didn't for the first season, despite me carrying the team straight to victory from the ****** place I started in (mid-season, 14th, I joined, end of season, 2nd and won the finals) and getting a healthy amount of cash over that time. However, now that I'm in second season, the option doesn't seem to be there, so perhaps I missed the moment when the board actually DID buy the stadium...

EDIT: Nope, the option is back, gonna try again...

Last edited: