Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagadin

Reaction score
Just the question first: What types of things are covered by the "Other" category in Finances?

Why I'm asking: I've been sending the reserve squad abroad to pick up game fees ($30k a game if you look hard enough) but after posting a loss of $51k in the "Other" category last month, I'm wondering if it's not costing me money to fly the team around. Does anybody know the answer to that?

Background of my team: FM 2011 is my first Football Manager game and I'm loving it. It has taken me a few attempts at teams to get the hang of the game and I now have things fairly well sorted. I have chosen to take control of AFC Telford and after going undefeated in the BSN I'm about a quarter of the way through and undefeated season in the BSP. I dropped pretty much all but two players from the squad (Shane Killock and James Lawrie) and sorted out the payroll well enough that the Board is basically eating out of my hand. I'm upgrading the youth facilities and buying the ground. I have also picked up some youth prospects and have a team that can develop and excel for years to come.

Bonus unrelated question: I'm using Right footed kickers for left corners and Left footed kickers for right corners, is this correct in general? I'm an American, I knew jack about football before the last world cup and my city getting an MLS team last season.

Travel expenses are included in the 'other' section but if you're making money in other areas then it shouldn't matter that much, If you're making an overall loss, stop playing those games abroad.

As for corners, just use your best corner taker on either side which will be more effective, especially if one corner taker is worst than the other.

Good luck with AFC Telford.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/finances-t59598.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.