Reaction score
Hey guys.

I seem to always be having a problem when managing as my hometown team, Scunthorpe United. No matter what happens or however much I trim the wage budget, we always seem to be making a loss every season.

Is this because we are in League One, and therefore don't have a big reputation? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, if any of you have any tips for turning a profit when in the lower leagues, please feel free to share.

Sell everyone, replace with cheaper regens. Repeat until monopoly

Sell players in their prime.

GK - 29-30
Defenders - 27-31
Midfielders - 26-29
Strikers - 27-30

Replace with young regens and rinse and repeat. Also attacking football is more attractive to fans, more fans = more money.

Cheers guys. I wasn't sure if selling everyone and replacing with youngsters would be good, as there'd be a lot of inexperienced players. But I'll give it a try :)

Also, thanks for the attacking football idea. I never thought about it bringing in more fans.

Cheers guys :)

Cheers guys. I wasn't sure if selling everyone and replacing with youngsters would be good, as there'd be a lot of inexperienced players. But I'll give it a try :)

Also, thanks for the attacking football idea. I never thought about it bringing in more fans.

Cheers guys :)

Don't sell everyone at once though, replacing too much of the squad at one time can eff up chemistry