Seasiderlesh

Reaction score
I'm just coming up to my third season in charge and have managed 2 successive promotions with fleetwood town. Now in league 1, but whilst i've tried to keep control of the wage budget and haven't spent 1 penny on transfers i lose about 100k a month. Anyone else have this problem? and is there any way to stop it or will it even itself out eventually?

i'm preston and we're haemorrhage money even with me getting them promoted and cutting the wage bill. My was there before I started. It could be you're chairman's managing money hidden stat. Have you had a look at the breakdown of the costs in your club?

A lot of things might be the reason. Despite not spending any money on transfers, I am doing the same thing with San Marino right now, you probably are buying free's which your wage bill is getting high. Also you might not be getting enough money from your stadium if it is very small. Plus the money to run the grounds and pay the people their bonuses (this is what gets me a lot) will also get you to lose money. Best thing is to try for promotion to get to the ELP so you can get tv and money for finishing to give you some positives.

Only way you will make money is to build more seats or sell of your stadium which I assumed you have already, or your owner will invest money to keep things going.

i'm preston and we're haemorrhage money even with me getting them promoted and cutting the wage bill. My was there before I started. It could be you're chairman's managing money hidden stat. Have you had a look at the breakdown of the costs in your club?
yeah had a look at it, matchday costs seems to be really high, and i've asked for them to expand the stadium but they just say they cant finance it, im just hoping its because im in a low league

A lot of things might be the reason. Despite not spending any money on transfers, I am doing the same thing with San Marino right now, you probably are buying free's which your wage bill is getting high. Also you might not be getting enough money from your stadium if it is very small. Plus the money to run the grounds and pay the people their bonuses (this is what gets me a lot) will also get you to lose money. Best thing is to try for promotion to get to the ELP so you can get tv and money for finishing to give you some positives.

Only way you will make money is to build more seats or sell of your stadium which I assumed you have already, or your owner will invest money to keep things going.

i have to admit I don't look at the bonuses as much as i should, probably need to have a look. i'm glad that its not just me who this happens to though haha

tbh being in the championship or epl would draw more fans wich would help or other issues listed here like getting freebies = wage bill is high etc but it doesnt sound like your to far in the hole yet so try and get promoted if your still losing money and it gets REALLY bad you might have to sell some players