Jimmy_x_

Reaction score
Hello guys,

One thing I have noticed on this years game is the inclusion of financial fair play rules. Whilst I am not new to football or fm by any means, I don't quite understand how these regulations work and how my transfers affect them.

Can anyone please explain in depth for the FFP works and how my spending affects the FFP calculations?

The clip didn't really answer my question though.

But thanks for the reply anyway :)

Well it's pretty simple. Go to Finances -> Financial Fair Play Summary. You'll see that by the end of the 2015/16 season, you'll be allowed a loss of ?15m in the Premier League and ?4.22m in Continental Club Competitions (period ends at end of season for Continental Competitions). I'm assuming these sums count for all Premier League sides, but if you're not a team in the EPL you'll see your allowed loss for the period in the summary.

And as far as I know, your transfers affect this directly. However, it's not just the transfers. It's your finances as a whole, so keep a look on your finances as you progress through the first seasons to make sure you're not losing money.

You will also receive periodic updates from your board about your progress towards FFP.

If I am not mistaken transfer fees aren't taken into account in your income, in the lower leagues there is a cap of 60% in league one, not sure about the others but there are easy ways around it such as sponsorship, loans from chairman