Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there is already a system in the game whereby at the end of every season countries are allocated extra European qualification places due to fair play, so it's already instilled.

fm's already got something like that in game as they aren't allowed to make clubs go completely under due to legal reasons.

Yeah FM already have something like that in place, so I don't think they are planning to use financial fair play.

Does everyone who has replied fully understand the restrictions the FFP is going to put in place?? Take for example, if you dont break even at the end of the season then you are not eligible to qualify for the Champions League. Thats something thats going to have a massive impact in real football, surely it cant be left out of the game...

I'm sure SI is aware of it, but I would guess:

1. They're waiting to actually see FFP come into effect to see exactly how it is enforced, so as to know how to properly code it in Football Manager...

or (more likely)

2. Considering how money can be shuffled around so as to sidestep the letter of the FFP law as it is currently written (see: Etihad Stadium sponsorship deal), and considering how such boardroom-level financial affairs are traditionally omitted from the game (i.e. "this is Football Manager, not Football Owner"), they'll leave most/all of FFP out of the game.

we just gota wait for UEFA to establish and finalize it. im sure this will be in-effect by fm13 ;)

but yeah fm11 has its own i think, like if u cant pay player wages, then ur gone. 9 points deducted, and a transfer embargo places. in my arsenal save, Sunderland nearly relegated beacuse of that XD

It probably makes perfect sense to every fan who's club hasn't got mega-rich owners though.

Not really though. Lets say your club turns over 50m a season, you can only spend up to 50m. If your club is Real Madrid and you make 450m a season, thats 450m you can spend. Its going to keep the big clubs at the top.

What its trying to prevent is foreign owners coming in and pumping money into teams to try and establish them as a big club then sell them on for a profit. Take the Thai owner of City as a perfect example of that happening, then, take Portsmouth multiple fail owners as bad examples of it.

I would imagine if FFP did come into effect, and UFEA did actually enforce the laws properly (they might not allow Man City's financial doping to slide) then I reckonn a lot of clubs won't be able to break even in a few years. Most clubs are really badly run, with huge debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.