Financial problems with Everton

Mosconi

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm currently playing my Everton game with my mate (he's spurs) and i have a problem in losing money constantly.

We are in our 6th season and i have won the league twice in the last 3 years, the community shield and fa cup last season so i have buit the team up to one of the best.

Now, my wage bill is currently 950k (mainly due to aguero and akinfeev on 190k and 160k respectively) compared to other big sides having a 1.5mil to 2.5 mil budget and i have built the ground up to 50000 (the maximum the council will let me have) but i am losing between 5.5mil and 9 mil a month!!

How can i reduce this?? I am having to sell a player a season (Sakho being the last for 28mil) just to keep afloat every season.

The price of a ticket is only £33 compared to spurs £50 a ticket.
Also i am losing £4mil a month on 'non-football costs' and 800k on 'other'.

Are these losses realistic? Can i do anything to prevent them?

Upto £9 million a month? Have you signed a lot of players on 48 Month Transfer deals because that's a ridiculous amount of money. A screenshot of your finances & income would help.

Everton have two major debts at the start of a new game. The first is for twenty million and you will be paying that back until season 2015. The second is even greater -- thirty million with an interest rate of 7.75, and you will be paying for this until the year 2025. Add to that high wages, transfer fees, stadium expansion and any other things you may have done (improved youth facilities?) and they'll be a lot of debt to be paid off with very little profit (if any) left over.

If you have an in-game editor you should be able to get rid of loans and up ticket prices -- I think. I haven't used the in-game editor myself but I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable lads on here could put you right on that.

Everton have two major debts at the start of a new game. The first is for twenty million and you will be paying that back until season 2015. The second is even greater -- thirty million with an interest rate of 7.75, and you will be paying for this until the year 2025. Add to that high wages, transfer fees, stadium expansion and any other things you may have done (improved youth facilities?) and they'll be a lot of debt to be paid off with very little profit (if any) left over.

If you have an in-game editor you should be able to get rid of loans and up ticket prices -- I think. I haven't used the in-game editor myself but I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable lads on here could put you right on that.

like he said, get the Football Manager Real Time Editor, because selling players isnt going to help your cause as a manager because by the state of your finances the board may take a substantial amount of money from the fee and only give you say 20% of that money brought in... maybe its just best to use the editor:p

Maybe not, seeing as it is essentially just cheating..

Upto £9 million a month? Have you signed a lot of players on 48 Month Transfer deals because that's a ridiculous amount of money. A screenshot of your finances & income would help.

I have a couple players that im paying over 48 months but thats still only 1.3mil a month.

A couple people have said about the editor but i don't want to go down that route, i just wish that changing ticket prices yourself was part of the game.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

I also was given a gift loan of 30mil as i was 32mil in debt so i'm paying that off as well.

Guess i'll just have to soldier on....i'm winning trophies anyway and i've spent small amounts on a few youngsters so will have to go down the wenger route of selling a player a season and replacing with youngsters lol.

What i don't like is the 'non football costs' section of the financial page as i can't see where i can improve that figure as i don't know what it is!!

What i don't like is the 'non football costs' section of the financial page as i can't see where i can improve that figure as i don't know what it is!!

That is the amount of money that you are paying to non-football staff -- police, pastie salesman, club mascot, and greedy directors paying themselves 1 to 4 million a year for doing nothing. The more successful you are, the greater this be.

That is the amount of money that you are paying to non-football staff -- police, pastie salesman, club mascot, and greedy directors paying themselves 1 to 4 million a year for doing nothing. The more successful you are, the greater this be.

Ah i see.

Well thanks for all the replies....just gonna have to try and sell a few extra scarves in the club shop :)